NapoleonD Legbreaker ride - 13/09/09

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Unfortunately for you, you will be giving out a hell of a lot of mystery prizes!
  • I'm getting lances face printed on the back of my jersey....not that anyone will see it as I'll be at the back.
  • Anonymous
    mrchrispy wrote:
    I'm getting lances face printed on the back of my jersey....not that anyone will see it as I'll be at the back.

This one?

NapDrules.jpg
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • lolz :lol:
  • Infamous
    Infamous Posts: 1,130
    Tempted by this, it'd have to be a tough ride for it to be worth the drive over though. And this will probably be my last chance to do some proper hills this year.

Although if I'm honest, I just want to witness bhima.
  • I'm fairly sure I'll be there (10 right?). Will be getting a lift from the little town of Bury.
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    Infamous wrote:

:lol:
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    Infamous wrote:

Well you better not miss out, as NapD has shelled out £1M for my appearance fee.
  • Anonymous
    DUFF ROUTE ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just checked the route where we turn off the A535 near the beginning of the ride on to Lapwing Lane, it's a dead end so I will redo the route and post it shortly...
  • Anonymous
    New route here.

Tidied up the end too...

http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=19696
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    New route here.

Tidied up the end too...

http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=19696

Looks like a nice route, nice amount of climbing aswell.
  • Anonymous
    If the weather is anything like today it will be stunning!
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    If the weather is anything like today it will be stunning!

I hope it is too. From the weather forecasts, it's meant to be sunny + cloudy.
  • Infamous
    Infamous Posts: 1,130
    Bhima wrote:
    Infamous wrote:
    Well you better not miss out, as NapD has shelled out £1M for my appearance fee.
    haha :D

I won't be going :( if it turns into a regular thing then maybe.

Have fun lads, I eagerly anticipate a full and detailed report of how bhima pwns you all.
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    I'll be there :-) looking forward to it.
  • Anonymous
    I'm quite nervously excited, bearing in mind tomorrow is 6 months to the day I broke my leg and this route is pretty much the same as that fateful one!
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    I'm quite nervously excited, bearing in mind tomorrow is 6 months to the day I broke my leg and this route is pretty much the same as that fateful one!

Hope you don't break it again then. Just to make sure, it's 10am near Alderly edge station right?
  • Bhima
    Yes yes, Alderley Edge station, 10am.

There's a Somerfield opposite if anyone needs supplies, and a cash machine on the corner of Chorley Hall Ln. If i'm 5 mins late, it's because i'll be there picking up a few tonnes of bananas.
  • mrchrispy
    mrchrispy Posts: 310
    edited September 2009
    Christ those hills are gonna hurt but I suppose its the only way to get stronger.

If I shake this cold tonight I'll be there.....feck it, even if I don't I may turn up for the 1st half and then bail out when the cold sweats take over my body.

This is a social* ride isn't it?

*i expect no mercy on the hills but a welcome party when I reach the top would be nice :)
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I'm a Zipped up and been out for a casual spin today with the wife and ready for tomoro. I'm riding over from New Mills, so don;t leave without me!
  • Will I need a lock?
  • Have Fun on the ride...... can't join you I'm afraid.....130miles away and 1 stone overweight...I don't want to experience 'the look' from our leader just yet...
  • Anonymous
    Will I need a lock?

No.
  • Anonymous
    Mothyman wrote:
    Have Fun on the ride...... can't join you I'm afraid.....130miles away and 1 stone overweight...I don't want to experience 'the look' from our leader just yet...

Just the 1?!?

I'm nearly 2!!!
  • popette
    NapD, I don't think I'm going to be able to make it. Big domestic!
  • Anonymous
    No way!?!
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    See you in the morning :)
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • Bhima
    popette wrote:
    Big domestic!

Great excuse to storm out the house in rage then, innit! (Taking your bike with you, obviously)
  • popette
    All is well here now so I'll be there :-) I'm tired though (but probably had about as much sleep as I did before Etape so should be ok)