Transfers

Comments

• ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    bipedal wrote:
    LeviL being linked to BMC... maybe he does want to be top dog afterall?
    He went to Rabobank and Gerolsteiner to be top dog and was useless. Only seems to do anything when riding with TheTwit and JB. :wink:
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Ms Tree wrote:
    He went to Rabobank and Gerolsteiner to be top dog and was useless. Only seems to do anything when riding with TheTwit and JB. :wink:

That's a bit unfair. He had some very good results in the shorter stage races during those years. I've always thought for races like the Dauphine and Tour of Germany (RIP) if he wanted to win them he would likely end up near the top of the pile.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Yes.
    Levi did win an uber-tough Tour of Germany.....about the only edition that was. 2005, I think?
    The Rettenbachferner is a monster.

Tom Danielson had a good result at Burgos? Really? I was on hols. Mind you, if he finished at all, thats a pretty fair result for Tommy, these days.....
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • iainf72
    Tom Danielson had a good result at Burgos? Really? I was on hols. Mind you, if he finished at all, thats a pretty fair result for Tommy, these days.....

He won the TT and finished 2nd to Valv.Piti
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    iainf72 wrote:

He won the TT and finished 2nd to Valv.Piti

3rd. Xavier Tondo was 2nd. He was really rather average on the final climbing stage. Even Pate was managing to ride with him until 5km to go, then he couldn't follow when the others started attacking him.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Danielson's always been more of a TT rider than a climber, despite the slimmer build.

The rumour mill keeps turning. Some interesting moves on here:
    http://forum.team-saxobank.com/topic.as ... hichpage=4

Horner talking to Sky. Kesiakoff to Garmin would be interesting. But Contador to Quick-Step? :lol:
  • iainf72
    Asthma-Jet Pettachi to Lampre?
  • afx237vi
    iainf72 wrote:
    Asthma-Jet Pettachi to Lampre?

Kinda makes sense. Lampre need someone that can get wins, for sure. Petacchi is past his best, but according to cqranking, he still has 11 victories this year... only 1 less than the entire Lampre squad combined.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Kléber wrote:
    See ya.

But if you want to come back, why not chat about the latest transfers or give your views on upcoming races, on the history of the sport or join in the great PTP game for the Vuelta? Because you just seemed to enjoy posting things about the forum and its members instead of cycling and sport.

I remember when I swore off these ridiculous forum arguments. Problem was the moment I thought I was out they suck me back in. Now I'm just another person who lashes
    out at people who don't agree with my "correct and always right" ideas. :wink::wink:
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    iainf72 wrote:
    Ms Tree wrote:

That's a bit unfair. He had some very good results in the shorter stage races during those years. I've always thought for races like the Dauphine and Tour of Germany (RIP) if he wanted to win them he would likely end up near the top of the pile.

YOU calling ME unfair? Mr I'm-always-the-first-with-the-bad-news!!!
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • iainf72
    Ms Tree wrote:

YOU calling ME unfair? Mr I'm-always-the-first-with-the-bad-news!!!

Hey, I don't make the news, I just report it :wink:
  • afx237vi
    The Feillu brothers to Vacansoleil?! That's what's being reported on Cyclingnews, but surely they won't get into the Tour with Vacansoleil?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,481
    More here;

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vacanso ... wo-seasons

Presumably they'll be fined for announcing the signing before the 1st of September?
  • andyp wrote:
    More here;

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vacanso ... wo-seasons

Presumably they'll be fined for announcing the signing before the 1st of September?

i think, but im not sure, that if both of the teams and also riders are happy and permit it they are allowed to announce before the 1st. But dont quote me on that :-)
  • afx237vi
    Sky and Radio Shack are the only 2 teams who seem to know this rule exists.
  • i thought it had been announced paulhino has signed for the shack?

seriously excited to hear skys lineup.... i mean i think i can guess a few but still.... nothing confirmed. roll on the 1st i say!
  • Arkibal
    Arkibal Posts: 850
    afx237vi wrote:
    Sky and Radio Shack are the only 2 teams who seem to know this rule exists.

Paulinho, Brajkovic and LL confirmed to the Shack.

Seems like Sky is the only team following this rule (a ridiculous one may I say)
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    bros-feillu.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Kessiakoff and Van Summeren to Garmin, apparently.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    afx237vi wrote:
    The Feillu brothers to Vacansoleil?! That's what's being reported on Cyclingnews, but surely they won't get into the Tour with Vacansoleil?

A backward step imo especially in the case of the younger one.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,481
    Moray Gub wrote:

I agree, it seems a very strange move. You'd have thought that the French teams would have been queueing up to sign them, so for Vacansoleil to outbid them is a surprise (assuming that is what happened). Presumably the hope is that by signing them Vacansoleil will be looked upon more favourably by ASO?
  • Kessiakoff and Van Summeren to Garmin, apparently.

They're gonna have a VERY good team for Grand Tours in the immediate future. They're building on what they already have.
  • bros-feillu.jpg

chuckle-brothers-twitter.jpg

':lol:'
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • on the cqranking site they have Gerrans down for Sky? I wonder if the whole no tour spot decided that for him.
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • Sun Dodger
    Sun Dodger Posts: 393
    andyp wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

I agree, it seems a very strange move. You'd have thought that the French teams would have been queueing up to sign them, so for Vacansoleil to outbid them is a surprise (assuming that is what happened). Presumably the hope is that by signing them Vacansoleil will be looked upon more favourably by ASO?

Maybe a smart move by Vacansoleil if they want a place in the tour next year - and ASO may be more inclined to give wildcards to Dutch teams with the Grand Depart in Rotterdam.

Of course it could just be a very bad move - especially for Brice; not too many mountains in Vacansoleil's usual programme.....
  • French teams were queing to sign up the Feuillu brothers. Apparently they turned down AG2R and then Cofidis and then Saur-Sojasun.
    In the French press Brice Feuillu explains he's ambitious and he wants to be a GC rcontender now, not 3 years from now. Vacansoleil seem to be the only ones willing to grant him full leader status for stage races.
    And yes, both Feuillu and Vacansoleil are convinced they'll be part of the 2010 Tour de France.
  • frenchfighter
    French teams were queing to sign up the Feuillu brothers. Apparently they turned down AG2R and then Cofidis and then Saur-Sojasun.
    In the French press Brice Feuillu explains he's ambitious and he wants to be a GC rcontender now, not 3 years from now. Vacansoleil seem to be the only ones willing to grant him full leader status for stage races.
    And yes, both Feuillu and Vacansoleil are convinced they'll be part of the 2010 Tour de France.

Very interesting.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    Ballan to BMC according to Gazzetta.
  • frenchfighter
    Steegmans and Rosseler, reportedly signed for the Radio Shack Attack.

Gert's contract at Katusha dissolved as he doesn't sign the anti-doping charter and then joins the Shack - not a good look.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    Gert's contract at Katusha dissolved as he doesn't sign the anti-doping charter and then joins the Shack - not a good look.

Anyone who signed that piece of crap charter deserves a kicking.