Transfers

Comments

• With Ballan at Quick Step though, it would be akin to the USPS train in the Tours, where they just bought up all the competition.

But maybe he realises he's got a family to feed and doesn;t wanna come second all the time.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    teagar wrote:
    With Levi in BMC, they will hopefully get into better races. Their kit and bikes are so so nice.

Ballan to Q-S is unusual as they will now have four real threats for the Classics which is a bit much.

It'd be AMAZING.

But I'm a big Quick-Step fan....

Flanders has been a yawnfest recently specifically because of Quick Step's purchasing of potential rivals (ring any bells?). Hope to God this doesn't happen.

Strava is not Zen.
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    calvjones wrote:
    teagar wrote:
    With Levi in BMC, they will hopefully get into better races. Their kit and bikes are so so nice.

Ballan to Q-S is unusual as they will now have four real threats for the Classics which is a bit much.

It'd be AMAZING.

But I'm a big Quick-Step fan....

Flanders has been a yawnfest recently specifically because of Quick Step's purchasing of potential rivals (ring any bells?). Hope to God this doesn't happen.

I thought it was more to do with the two big favourites Cancellara, Pozzato and Ballan not pulling their finger out?

Edit: off thread topic but what happened to Kroon anyway? Anyone know?
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • jim one
    jim one Posts: 183
    Leipheimer to Radio Shack for sure if you read Armstrong and his twitter.

"@LeviLeipheimer Leadville 2010, bro. What's the wager?? A month of your @teamradioshack salary to Livestrong?"
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    jim one wrote:
    Leipheimer to Radio Shack for sure if you read Armstrong and his twitter.

"@LeviLeipheimer Leadville 2010, bro. What's the wager?? A month of your @teamradioshack salary to Livestrong?"

He must be wrong, should have read this forum :lol: the experts here know everything :roll:
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • Quick Step are rapidly become the team with the least GT ambition in the pro peloton.
    Perhaps an omission or two might encourage them to buy a few riders who can climb a mountain, as opposed to a hill.

I really hope the can't turn the Spring classics into anothe blue train borefest. :(
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    rockmount wrote:

He must be wrong, should have read this forum :lol: the experts here know everything :roll:

I just had a look at all your recent posts and it looks like this is about the extent of your contribution. Do you have anything useful to say in Race? Usually debate means offering an alternative opinion, not saying "you're wrong"
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • rockmount
    iainf72 wrote:
    rockmount wrote:

I just had a look at all your recent posts and it looks like this is about the extent of your contribution. Do you have anything useful to say in Race? Usually debate means offering an alternative opinion, not saying "you're wrong"
    Oh I gave up on this forum ... your expertise is more than I could ever compete with ... dope this, dope that, dope whatever .... bla bla bla ... way to go !!! That's why this forum has lost any credibility it may have ever had.
  • iainf72
    rockmount wrote:
    Oh I gave up on this forum ... your expertise is more than I could ever compete with ... dope this, dope that, dope whatever .... bla bla bla ... way to go !!! That's why this forum has lost any credibility it may have ever had.

So that's a no then?
  • rockmount
    iainf72 wrote:
    rockmount wrote:

So that's a no then?

Yes ... I guess we have that in common !!
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    New French team, Saur-Sojasun is arriving, it's the small Besson team that has a new sponsor in Saur and they've signed some interesting riders and taking out a pro conti licence. Signings include Lemoine and Hivert from Skill, plus Jérôme Coppel, Sébastien Joly, Guillaume Levarlet (Française des Jeux), Rony Martias (BBox Bouygues Telecom) et Stéphane Pouilhès (AG2R-La Mondiale) says L'Equipe.

Not going to set the world on fire, presumably half the season will be based on impressing ASO to bag a spot for July, taking the spot that Agritubel took, and the other half will be spent sending guys in slim chance breaks during the Tour.

PS Rockmount, try giving some views on transfers instead of just moaning :wink:
  • rockmount
    Kléber wrote:
    Thanks for the advice ... but, I'm off. I don't have an irrational fear of Lance, I'm not obsessed with dope, and doping ... I just want to ride my bikes, go to races, watch them on tv, and have adult conversation about bikes, and cycling ... there is no place here for me ..

BYE.
  • Kléber
    See ya.

But if you want to come back, why not chat about the latest transfers or give your views on upcoming races, on the history of the sport or join in the great PTP game for the Vuelta? Because you just seemed to enjoy posting things about the forum and its members instead of cycling and sport.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    rockmount wrote:
    Kléber wrote:
    Thanks for the advice ... but, I'm off. I don't have an irrational fear of Lance, I'm not obsessed with dope, and doping ... I just want to ride my bikes, go to races, watch them on tv, and have adult conversation about bikes, and cycling ... there is no place here for me ..

BYE.

Is that a promise?
  • afx237vi
    Soler confirmed for CdE next year?

http://www.eltiempo.com/deportes/ciclis ... _5849867-1

...via CFA.
  • rockmount
    afx237vi wrote:
    Soler confirmed for CdE next year?

http://www.eltiempo.com/deportes/ciclis ... _5849867-1

...via CFA.

WOW !! your google finger must be raw .... IF that's what you use :lol::lol::lol:
  • Kléber
    afx237vi wrote:
    Is that a promise?
    Alas :lol:
  • rockmount
    afx237vi wrote:
    Is that a promise?

RED RAG TO A BULL :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'll never leave now

I NEED to follow your every move :!:
  • rockmount
    Lets start at the beginning ...

A bicycle.

star_bicycle_smith_machine_co.jpg
  • And before the bicycle, Rockmount was deep in thought.

urban-chimp3.jpg
  • afx237vi
    rockmount wrote:
    Lets start at the beginning ...

A bicycle.

You can if you like, but do it in another forum. What part of " Pro Race - Talk about competitive road cycling in all its forms" don't you understand?
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,042
    I see from Velonews that Chris Horner is hedging over his 'move to The Shack'.
    Sounds like he is not being offered what he believes he is worth. Interesting since a couple of months ago he stated that he was being paid well at Astana.
    Maybe he is being offered a significant cut in wages?
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    I think we should all start posting in a FF style...

us-money-photo.jpg

A picture of some money earlier today.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Volta a Portugal commentators were today talking a lot about Caisse and Contador, in the same sentences, but since I find Portugese similar to Russian.....
  • DaveyL
    There's an article on cyclingnews.com saying he thinks CdE is the best option.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • DaveyL wrote:

Has to be, doesn't it?
    Money, however, will be hard to come by, with Valverde commanding a lion's share.
    Maybe having the sword of damocles (at least, outside of Spain) hanging over him, may encourage them to stump up the cash.
    Together, they would make formidable opposition to Cadel Evans. :P
  • DaveyL
    Yes, I think Valverde could still be riding for a while, given the way the action against his ban is panning out.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • afx237vi
    DaveyL wrote:

Has to be, doesn't it?
    Money, however, will be hard to come by, with Valverde commanding a lion's share.
    Maybe having the sword of damocles (at least, outside of Spain) hanging over him, may encourage them to stump up the cash.
    Together, they would make formidable opposition to Cadel Evans. :P

If Pereiro retires, that'll free up some cash.

At what point, I wonder, does Valverde become a liability? Sure, he wins races, but each one is met by hoots of derision. Does the sponsor care?
  • iainf72
    Surely Tom Danielson must be remaining at Garmin after his good result in Burgos?

Mick Rogers - Hmmm. Surprised he's not been linked to the Shack yet. He'd be a good helper for Armstrong. He's touted as Columbia's GC rider but when you're betting on the Mickster you may as well put your money into a suitcase and throw it into the river...
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,481
    Did I see sideshow Bob wearing a hat like this at the Tour?

istockphoto_6436032-two-red-suitcases-near-water.jpg