The Off Topic thread

Comments

• Hucknall town FC are playing some lovely football so far this season but are not (as of yet) getting the results. Soon it'll all "click" and some team is gonna cop a right tonkin'. :D
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • On my desk is a lovely photo of my son falling asleep in his dinner whilst at nursery; I'm looking at it now. :D
  • I'd like to hear more from the nipples at this point...

On a different note... Warrington finally won something and officially nothing can spoil my mood!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    There was a nice cool breeze on the way home today, and I broke my personal best time on the commute into work. Smashing.
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • Having recently written this paragraph in the "Cycling Mysteries" thread....

Oh, and why do rain showers always come on shortly after you've left the house, but not until you're far enough from the front door to ensure that turning back to collect your waterproofs will make you late for work?

....naturally, once I was all togged up ready for the elements and on the way to work this morning, it decided to stop raining. :?

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • The donks on Skeggy beach have been awarded the "best beach donkeys" award.

How's about that then.
    Tail end Charlie

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Rioja, Spanish panacea.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    The donks on Skeggy beach have been awarded the "best beach donkeys" award.

How's about that then.

Just exactly how does a "best beach donkey" win this award? :? :?
  • pottssteve
    dennis, my American brother,

The idea is NOT to refer to any other posts in your post (I know, I'm breaking the rule now, but it's to explain it to you). That's why it's "Off Topic".

Am I typing slow enough for you?! :wink:
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    Its very windy in Liverpool this morning.
  • Anonymous
    Filtered coffee and a bacon roll, mmmmmmmmm
  • Seventy years ago today Britain declared war on Germany.
    Tail end Charlie

• CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    I see Ben and Jerrys have made an ice-cream on the theme of gay-marriage. Is it wrong of me to note that it's packed with fudge?
  • Anonymous
    "What she asked of me at the end of the day, Caligula would have blushed...."
  • Superdrug are selling packs of own brand bicycle wipes at 69p. Bought enough to clean my car with :P .
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    I've got my sense of achievement today by successfully fitting and configuring a Shimano 105 Black mech.
  • I'm going to a p!ss up in a brewery tonight.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Senior management have insisted that we take a H&S course, its online so Im doing it now. Im going through the bits about my working environment and its all sensible stuff about seating position and how you sit in relation to your Computer.

Then I came across this gem of advice.

Every 10-15 minutes look away from your work into the distance (out of the window or across the room) for half a minute or so. This will enable your eyes to relax. Try to remember to blink to keep your eyes moist and bright.

So, I have just printed out in the largest font possible, BLINK EVERY SO OFTEN and pinned it to my partition.

FFS :x !
  • I think the Chinese I ate at 10pm last night (after a nice evening ride, cos Wed was rained off) woke me up at 5am in a hot sweat.

What do they put in the stuff?
  • don_don
    don_don Posts: 1,007
    I took a bottle-cage off my bike today and it had 'stencilled' this on in road grime:

3888388072_00cc1bc0d9_b.jpg

How cool is that? 8)
  • I'm listening to Little Boots Hands ... I like a bit of pop.

I've always had a soft spot for blonds ... goes back to my Abba days ... 13 I was, sweet, innocent, never been kissed
    I should get out more (on the bike)
  • Anonymous
    Nippy this morning, 25, tops on the flat, just couldn't get the clutch out.
  • Windy and rainy all of last week, thankfully seemed to have eased off by yesterday morning and posted a useful 7th place (39m 3s) in the 13-and-a-third (or thereabouts) mile club TT. Could've gone under 39 mins but got slowed up by traffic [1] :(

David

[1] I say traffic. I actually mean 'dozy Herbert in a Volvo who didn't know where he was going'.
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    I see Ben and Jerrys have made an ice-cream on the theme of gay-marriage. Is it wrong of me to note that it's packed with fudge?

Yes!....

But it was right of you to bring it to our attention...

Nearly spat my coffee all over the screen! :wink::lol::lol::lol:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    looks like I'll be backreaming out of the hole, all day.... :roll:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • hopper1 wrote:
    CHRISNOIR wrote:

Yes!....

But it was right of you to bring it to our attention...

Nearly spat my coffee all over the screen! :wink::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry for veering on-topic, but also thought it was a quality post, too. Chris clearly has a knack for writing double entendres and would thus be well suited for a career in a bawdy 'seventies hospital, unlike this example of how not to go about it;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT2wE0fLdWg

:)

David
  • How does the man who drives the snowplough get to work in the morning?
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • Anonymous
    Why is orange jam called marmalade ?
  • pottssteve
    Rode into work this morning - 25km at an average of 30km/hr, despite getting nearly every red light. Thighs feel GOOD! :)
  • pottssteve
    My wife got a birthday card from her Godmother yesterday. Odd thing is, the lady died a couple of days earlier.....