does Bradley Wiggins stand a chance?

1235»

Comments

• paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    I WANT COVERAGE OF EVERYONE!!! Not just "Wiggo" (cool nickame... NOT)

Does no one listen in this place???
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492

Not to you
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041

Seemingly not. If you're watching a UK channel, and a UK rider is 6th (3rd before yesterday) what do you expect? It's no different to the BBc favouring Murray.

Ease up, it's only a silly forum. :wink: :twisted:
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241

How do you propose two interviewers interview everyone. The riders don't hang around after the stage waiting for their appointment with Ned Boulting
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    DaveyL wrote:

Jesus, this is worse than university! Do you want it referenced in the Harvard style of referencing? Should I also add the date and time I referenced the material?

Ease up lads, it!s only a silly forum

Are you the same Paul Cuthbert who told Cadel Evans he sucked?

http://twitter.com/CadelOfficial/status/2764644025

And if so, what did Cadel's wife's friends put in your guestbook? I'm intrigued. :)
  • paulcuthbert
    It's no different to the BBc favouring Murray.

Which is also BS
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    Stuey01 wrote:
    British people want to see other British people doing well. The British media respond to this demand by giving coverage to British riders.

Having said that, was it just me or did Sherwen & Liggett seem a tad biased (don't forget that Sherwen is a big pal of Lance's) towards Armstrong towards the end of yesterday's TT? At one point they seemed to be practically egging him on to make the time needed to grab 3rd place on GC and displace Wiggins. :(
    Time for a change of commentary team at ITV4, maybe, or do the heads of the existing pair just need a good banging together?

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041

Which is also BS

Possibly, but the point I was making was you'd expect a UK channel to bias towards UK players.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273

Which is also BS

I disagree.
    I am British, watching British TV and I want it to cover British sports people.
    I am pleased that it does.

Eurosport give loads of airtime to all the top contenders.
    They do like LA an awful lot though, probably due to this Planet Armstrong deal they have going.
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Stuey01 wrote:
    British people want to see other British people doing well. The British media respond to this demand by giving coverage to British riders.
    Having said that, was it just me or did Sherwen & Liggett seem a tad biased (don't forget that Sherwen is a big pal of Lance's) towards Armstrong towards the end of yesterday's TT? At one point they seemed to be practically egging him on to make the time needed to grab 3rd place on GC and displace Wiggins. :(
    Liggett and Sherwen always strike me as a lot more than a tad biased towards Armstrong, but I didn’t know Sherwen actually knew him.
    And their bias probably goes down okay with, or isn’t even noticed by, many casual TdF viewers who associate with and support Armstrong because he speaks English. This type of association has happened before - often the English-speaking sportsman is supported irrespective of how little he has to do with the UK.
  • paulcuthbert
    Stuey01 wrote:

Time for a change of commentary team at ITV4, maybe, or do the heads of the existing pair just need a good banging together?

David

I think they were just enthusiastic because it was great to see him do well at such an age. 3rd place in the GC @ 37 years of age is nothing to be sniffed at!
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,873
    I think for us wiggo fans the ventoux is going to be a sad day.... I can see wiigins cracking again..

hope to be wrong.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • pedalpower
    pedalpower Posts: 138
    I find Sherwin and Ligget's bias towards Armstrong pretty hard to stomach. Especially Ligget, who seems to know next to nothing. They've obviously taken Armstrong's side against Contador and act like his wins are suspicious whereas they actually say that the suggestion Armstrong has doped is ridiculous and that the testers shouldn't be targetting him the way they are. And then the way they hype everything he does. His performance in the timetrial was pretty poor to be honest but they herald it as a marvelous victory. Smacks to me of sycophancy given ARmstrong's power in the cycling world.