• will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    Mettan wrote:
    Andy Schleck puncture - new bike.

that's so wastefull.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Because I don't know whether he is MG.

I've been watching the sport too long, when I see a rider suddenly go from unknown to world-class, I get surprised. Anyway, keep playing devil's advocate, I knew you would.

Meanwhile in the race, Silence-Lotto have sent a rider up the road, will he be a launch pad for Evans? But I think the weather has conspired to shut down the race today.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Yawnfest. Why am I at all surprised?

Strava is not Zen.
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Millar and Wiggins in GC group.
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    Another puncture for Schleck?!?! :shock:

What tires is he riding on? They're obviously pretty crap.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Looks like Haussler is going to bag himself a win - his lead is now 8mins.

I still think Cavendish will go for a REALLY long one and beat Haussler on the line. :D
  • will3
    needs to get some marathon pluses. Doesn't he read bikeradar/commuting?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Holy christ, the peloton is so sluggish HH is actually gaining more time.

*Checks route for tomorrow*

Oh joy, another flat stage.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    afx237vi wrote:
    WTF, how many punctures has Andy Schleck had this year?

I was thinking that and he is not exactly a heavy lad!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    another non event stage! well done HH...
  • Pokerface
    Might as well just tune in next Saturday to see who wins!
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,483
    Moray Gub wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    Lots of riders train there. It's 1800 metres above sea level and has good roads and lots of hotels. A lot of Italians base themselves in Livigno too, which is just over the Bernina Pass.

But, Ferrari bases himself there so a lot of riders who are training there are doing so under his guidance. .

and a lot dont ?
    Indeed. Which was the point I was making. Training in St Moritz does not equate to doping, especially as it is such a good place to do altitude training in Europe.

Training with Ferrari does raise my suspicions though, with good cause I'd argue.
  • frenchfighter
    Txu has a very nice climbing style. He just passed Chavanel pretty quickly.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    andyp wrote:

Training with Ferrari does raise my suspicions though, with good cause I'd argue.

Do you have any evidence of this though? A quick google search suggests you're only one who knows about it.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    Would someone be kind enough to wake me up in 30 minutes and tell me what happened... answers on the back of a postage stamp..

Dull, dull, dull.

So if we have rain on the next two mountain stages that finish with downhills they could be non-events. Then all we need is headwinds on the two remaining mountain finishes and this years race could be the biggest non-event ever.
  • frenchfighter
    Pellizotti definitely has the KOM in mind. Given his climbing prowess it could well be a possibility.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Kléber
    RichN95 wrote:
    Do you have any evidence of this though? A quick google search suggests you're only one who knows about it.
    I took it to mean that a rider who trains with him is suspicious, not a statement that Haussler is training with him.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,483
    RichN95 wrote:
    Kléber wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    I took it to mean that a rider who trains with him is suspicious, not a statement that Haussler is training with him.

andyp is the one stating it, not you.
    In the above statement I was making a generic comment, but on page 5 I did say I'd heard that HH is working with Ferrari. It's a rumour, I don't know if it's true or not but it would go some way to explaining his leap in performance this year. Someone should ask Haussler after he wins today's stage.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Kléber wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

I take it as suspicious that a 2 bit sprinter becomes a mountain goat.

Total BS. JaJa won last time the Tour went to Colmar. At least he was a decent sprinter before he EPOd into a climber.

Pah!
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • squired wrote:
    if we have rain on the next two mountain stages that finish with downhills they could be non-events. Then all we need is headwinds on the two remaining mountain finishes and this years race could be the biggest non-event ever.
    I was just thinking the same, especially given that Mt. Ventoux is notorious for high winds.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Looks like he is home and dry (so to speak).
  • Kléber
    Ventoux is windy but the road twists a lot, so it's never a headwind all the way. Above all, it's only the top that is windy. So a rider can attack in the forest section and get a gap and then maintain this to the finish. Valverde did exactly this in the Dauphine and he used this move to win the GC.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    The peloton pretender contenders lay another stage turd, on this tour of tedium.
    The sooner this race dries up and blows away in the wind, the better.
    I've already switched it off.

Hennie Haussler a future TDF winner? :roll:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pokerface
    Astana REALLY don't want that Yellow Jersey. It looks safe with AG2R until the ITT.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Ventoux is windy but the road twists a lot, so it's never a headwind all the way. Above all, it's only the top that is windy. So a rider can attack in the forest section and get a gap and then maintain this to the finish. Valverde did exactly this in the Dauphine and he used this move to win the GC.
    The 2000 one was extremely windy (look at spectators' flags on the TV coverage), but that had loads of action. It's down to the riders to make the race memorable.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    The 2000 one was extremely windy (look at spectators' flags on the TV coverage), but that had loads of action. It's down to the riders to make the race memorable.

A propos a nothing. Your icon really freaks the sh1t out of me. Any chance you can ditch it.

Not saying it isn't genius, its just clowntasticly scary.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Pokerface
    Cervelo win again when it's p1ssing down and their pretty white kit is filthy.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,812
    I keep panicking with Txurukka going round these bends like he is. Well done on the bike handling though...
  • will3
    edited July 2009
  • Kléber
    I think the weather shut things down a lot. It's hard to attack when you're wearing a giant windcape; take off your jacket and it's obvious you're going to jump.

Well done to Brice Feillu. He's making a name for himself as an attacking rider. Instead of a human electricity generator (@2m50s)