Philip S Posts: 398
    Hilarious when Voigt had that problem!
    Great Ned Boulting interview with him afterwards:
    NB: "What happened to your saddle, Jens?"
    JV: "It fell off."
    Insightful! :)
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Bertie's time trial bike to suffer the same fate?
    Coincidence that all the above come from NA? :shock:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • geoff_ss
    geoff_ss Posts: 1,201
    What a boring stage. I usually watch the highlights on my PC but I couldn't be bothered this evening when it started half way up the Tourmalet. I wanted to see the Aspin and St Marie de Campan for old times sake :)

They might as well have not bothered with the Pyrenees - it's as boring as F1.

Geoff
    Old cyclists never die; they just fit smaller chainrings ... and pedal faster
  • I had trouble staying interested today.

Columbia's long hard chase seemed ill advised. Were they just thinking stage win?

Cav was long gone.

We'll see how they recover I guess.
  • heftyrider
    heftyrider Posts: 70
    Geoff_SS wrote:
    What a boring stage. I usually watch the highlights on my PC but I couldn't be bothered this evening when it started half way up the Tourmalet. I wanted to see the Aspin and St Marie de Campan for old times sake :)

Geoff

Where do you get the highlights on your PC Geoff?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    heftyrider wrote:
    Geoff_SS wrote:

Geoff

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRoBByy2009
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Columbia's long hard chase seemed ill advised. Were they just thinking stage win?

They chased to begin with to ensure Hushovd did not come back to the main group and then bag some sprint point, thus increasingly the lead on Cav. When they got info that he was at 15mins they let up.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • chriskempton
    chriskempton Posts: 1,245
    I was out with my wife and daughter at an art gallery/cafe, and knowing what the stage would be like had no inclination to rush back for the finish at all. I was in no way grumpy or short tempered with my family and did not press them for an early return.

That's a sorry state of affairs for a stage including the Tourmalet. :lol:

I kind of agree with a route designed to keep the Tour live until the Alps, but there should have been a chance for something to happen on GC yesterday.
  • geoff_ss
    geoff_ss Posts: 1,201
    heftyrider wrote:
    Geoff_SS wrote:

Geoff

Don't have a TV so I use the catch-up facility on BBC iPlayer and, for the Tour I watch the 7pm highlights on ITV here http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/. The quality's not brilliant but it's better than nothing.

When I worked, someone used to tape it for me at home and I watched it on the tape player in our conference room as I ate my sandwiches at lunch time :)

Geoff
    Old cyclists never die; they just fit smaller chainrings ... and pedal faster
  • Columbia's long hard chase seemed ill advised. Were they just thinking stage win?

They chased to begin with to ensure Hushovd did not come back to the main group and then bag some sprint point, thus increasingly the lead on Cav. When they got info that he was at 15mins they let up.

Thanks for that.

I think Cav is just trying to make sure he gets through this tour.

Maybe in coming years Cav will become capable of trying for intermediate points.