Specialized Secteur - I've bought one, has anyone else ?

124»

Comments

• hmbadger
    hmbadger Posts: 181
    Hi - I have 2010 Secteur Sport. I'm looking to replace brake pads and wanted some Swiss Stop green pads. But looking at the current pads in the standard Tektra brakes and the holders seem different.

On the Tektra brakes the holders and pads seem all one unit, rather than the holder and pads I've been looking at.

Can anyone explain and tell me how I can upgrade to Swiss Stop pads?

Cheers
  • As a quick update to the above, I did a 40 mile debut ride in the peak district yesterday on the 2011 Secteur elite. I found the SRAM shifts took only about 15 minutes to get used to, and I couldn't fault their performance. The main difference I noticed to my Shimano Tiagra was the SRAM was much better at upshifting under power, which is particularly evident if you want to get out of the saddle for a stint on a climb. I can't say I noticed the gaps between gears which may be expected from the rear cassette set-up, but that will probably come as I get used to the bike. I'm very happy after my first ride, looking forward to many more.
    Any chance of an update on hows the secteur doing? Are u feeling the gaps in gears? glad you didn't go for an allez?
  • ^^^^
    I've put many more miles on now, and I really look forward to getting on the bike still. I can't really comment on the comparison between the Secteur and the Allez, but the Secteur Elite suits my riding well - some long hours in the saddle, copes with the hills well, and is responsive enough for what I want to do (a few sportives but no racing).
    There has been much comment on the gaps between gears on the Apex 11-32 set-up. I can't say I have noticed the gaps much - perhaps on two or three occasions when I couldn't seem to find a comfortable gear. I have noticed that as I get fitter, it seems easier to find a suitable gear! I live in a hilly are (Peak District) so the 11-32 is ideal for me, and gives me the confidence to try new, steeper hills on my routes. If my fitness and climbing ability allow, I would maybe consider swapping the cassette to a 12-28, which would still give me plenty of climbing gears, but would also smooth out any longer transitions.
  • postman
    postman Posts: 120
    Still got mine,still beautiful,still clean,only one serious scratch.My fault,muti tool screw driver fell open and as i was turning allen key ,scratch.No probs.Got my name made up on a sticker.Now this is strange.While i was cycling i kept looking at the scratch.Since the sticker with my name on,i don't look.Four years old now and still fantastic.Old Brooks saddle still on.Bought that in 1987.For my Dawes Super Galaxy.