RPCC Ride - Sat 27th / Sun 28th June

1235»

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,867
    hard to keep your foot off the pedal when you have a solid chunk of fitness under the bonnet...

especially if the early part of the ride has been easier than norm
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • thebongolian
    thebongolian Posts: 333
    edited June 2009
    Mal-inger wrote:
    Can't compete with your acrobatics Wilf but the comedy continues - I suffered from exploding front tyre syndrome in Richmond Park at the end of the ride.

Luckily I wasn't on the bike when it opened fire : )

Don't forget voxegam's crash, caught on video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O297tQvkSOE
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    :lol:
  • voxegam
    voxegam Posts: 244
    Lol....nice.....but you guys got it all wrong. If you look closely, I was merely trying to get into the press-up position, ready to bang some out. My guns were feeling under-used plus I wanted to give you guys a headstart up the incline. All intentional then :D
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
    Planet-X (now winter-bike)
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    James will you please try to look after that PX :wink:
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276

That was more funny than the route..

Also reminds me of The Emu's slow motion fall on the Winterfold climb, awesome stuff.. :lol:
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • chrisw28
    chrisw28 Posts: 187
    Mal-inger wrote:
    Can't compete with your acrobatics Wilf but the comedy continues - I suffered from exploding front tyre syndrome in Richmond Park at the end of the ride.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

HAHAHAHAHA.

*wipes tear from eye* Oh what a classic.
  • voxegam
    voxegam Posts: 244
    Yeh Yeh, laugh it up fatty.
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
    Planet-X (now winter-bike)
  • chrisw28
    chrisw28 Posts: 187
    10 minutes later and it still raises a smile. Favorited on youtube for sure :lol:
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    phips wrote:
    felgen wrote:
    What about if we agree that we all get to Box Hill together, then work out who wants to hoon and who doesnt, then have a slow group, and a quick group.

+1

Does that mean you're going to start making it out with us again soon? :-)
    Um dunno - really busy in general these days, but I have to try and make my time on the bike count, so I usually end up doing things that I can measure like an RP 3 lapper or BH attack - the rest of it isnt necessarily what I have time for. As a result I am not great on longer rides or indeed any rides as theres not a lot happening for me cycling-wise outside commuting. I didn't enjoy the Dartmoor Classic for a fair portion of the ride as I didn't do any training for it, had put on 5kgs and only decided to come back early from Barcelona at the last minute in order to give it a go.

I do like a good chaingang - I got a great one going at the end of the Dartmoor Classic with a bunch of guys, which gradually thinnned out to 4, then 2 with an awesome two up tt with a guy on a very nice argon 18 until we got stopped at some roadwork traffic lights and everyone got back on again. So yeah, the suggestion was to try and get those who are still champing at the bit to have a chance to blow off a bit of steam, and also to get some bike handling practice in - who knows, when RPCC is in the Giro di Lombardia, we need to be able to run a decent chaingang - plus hooning is fun ;)

Hows the kit coming along? Need that sorted soon!
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • simon johnson
    simon johnson Posts: 1,064
    Mal-inger wrote:

I've just watched that 10 times! :D Do you still get £250 on you've been framed?? :D
    Where\'s me jumper?
  • thebongolian
    thebongolian Posts: 333
    Mal-inger wrote:

I've just watched that 10 times! :D Do you still get £250 on you've been framed?? :D

Hmmm - I need some new wheels...
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    phips wrote:
    felgen wrote:
    What about if we agree that we all get to Box Hill together, then work out who wants to hoon and who doesnt, then have a slow group, and a quick group.
    +1
    And another +1 here, ideal solution if you ask me 8)