RPCC Ride - Sat 27th / Sun 28th June

Comments

• jrduquemin
    jrduquemin Posts: 791
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    [quote="jHow did the QH go for you Al?
    Let's save the war stories for Saturday eh?! 8)[/quote]

Rich, the reason I asked is because I'm not there on Saturday :-)

I'll be chucking my mountain bike off stuff in Andorra :-D I can't bloody wait, i tell you :mrgreen:
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • DomLuck
    DomLuck Posts: 9
    I'm heading to France on Saturday as making a leisurely trip down the the Alps for the Marmotte on the 4th July but will be out in a couple of weeks times hopefully. I'm feeling some trepidation about how difficult it will be. Glad all your big rides went well.
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    jrduquemin wrote:
    Rich, the reason I asked is because I'm not there on Saturday :-)

I'll be chucking my mountain bike off stuff in Andorra :-D I can't bloody wait, i tell you :mrgreen:

Sounds good Julian. Although, are you not tempted to test yourself on the climb up to Arcalis or the Port d'Envalira on the road bike :?:
    http://www.letour.fr/2009/TDF/COURSE/us/700/etape_par_etape.html
    http://www.letour.fr/2009/TDF/COURSE/us/800/etape_par_etape.html

Quebrantahuesos was awesome :D Put in a time of 7.12, safely in the Gold time zone :D
  • voxegam
    voxegam Posts: 244
    I think me and ChrisW will be there.
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
    Planet-X (now winter-bike)
  • J09
    J09 Posts: 122
    I'm in for saturday, as long as some of the Quebrantahuesos and other events stories will be shared.
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    It looks like it will be a good turnout with good weather as well 8)

Put me down as a yes as well. Just don't laugh "too" much as i drag my sorry a*se up those hills :oops:

p.s yet another update for the garmin 605. This one WILL erase all your user data :!: :shock: :x
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    London-Red wrote:
    Okay, well keep me posted - I'll be heading out regardless.

If anyone else fancies popping along, let me know. Nice one.
    Apologies Dave, gonna have to bail on Sunday now - heading back to Worthing after the Saturday RPCC run to collect a tent and a few other bits and not coming back to London until Sunday now. Sorry dude! :(
  • Mal-inger
    Mal-inger Posts: 15
    Guess I should really be turning some pedals again, I'm in for Saturday
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Bonjour! I won't be around as I will be in Spain tomorrow and saturday, but I have got my good wheel back from the bike shop and I have hatched a hairbrained plan to do the Dartmoor classic on Sunday - 100 miles and 3000 metres of climbing - just like a surrey massacre with myk-ee then :D. It won't make up for QBH but its a start - reckon I am going to sort out being in italy for the gran fondo giro di lombardia too, oh and maybe a cheeky trip up palomar or diablo in california later in the year. Have a great ride anyway.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    felgen wrote:
    Bonjour! I won't be around as I will be in Spain tomorrow and saturday, but I have got my good wheel back from the bike shop and I have hatched a hairbrained plan to do the Dartmoor classic on Sunday - 100 miles and 3000 metres of climbing - just like a surrey massacre with myk-ee then :D. It won't make up for QBH but its a start - reckon I am going to sort out being in italy for the gran fondo giro di lombardia too, oh and maybe a cheeky trip up palomar or diablo in california later in the year. Have a great ride anyway.

So shouldn't it be buenos tardes? 8)

Before you get too excited over Lombardia let it be known it's not the Gran Fondo this year but the Medio Fondo - I'd love to still do it but I'll have run out of AL days by then. :(

Weather now looking a bit pants for Saturday. :evil:

The long grazed legged one
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    Rich, no bother - my Friday night drink up is now cancelled anyway so I'll probably pop along on Saturday as well.

Saying that, as Emu says - the weather looks pants on Saturday and glorious on Sunday, which is enough to make me change my mind on which day to go. Anyone else?
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Sorry Wilf,

Hasta la vista....amigo.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Berns12
    Berns12 Posts: 198
    London-Red wrote:
    Rich, no bother - my Friday night drink up is now cancelled anyway so I'll probably pop along on Saturday as well.

Saying that, as Emu says - the weather looks pants on Saturday and glorious on Sunday, which is enough to make me change my mind on which day to go. Anyone else?

No can do Sundays...my Social Secretary only dictates long rides on Saturdays.

If the weather is crap on Saturday I am doing the 'Mo ride and then head home.
  • Rich-Ti
    London-Red wrote:
    Looks like my drinking plans have switched to Friday now, and with the weather looking the way it is I might end up switching... Hmm, decisions decisions... :roll: :shock:
  • NWLondoner
    Berns12 wrote:
    London-Red wrote:

No can do Sundays...my Social Secretary only dictates long rides on Saturdays.

If the weather is crap on Saturday I am doing the 'Mo ride and then head home.

'Mo ride??

The forecast on metcheck looks favourable for Saturday.

What do you guys usually do in the event of rain? Go as usual,shorten the route or go lazy and do something else??
  • Rich-Ti
    NWLondoner wrote:
    'Mo ride??

What do you guys usually do in the event of rain? Go as usual,shorten the route or go lazy and do something else??
    As in Dyna-Mo :wink:

We still ride if it's wet - the last RPCC ride I did was a 4hr+ rain-fest! 8) We do usually shorten things a little though, let's face it, it ain't nice riding in the rain!

Not sure what to do now - was thinking of riding Friday and Sunday as I need to head back to Worthing at some point on Sat, but all my plans (and the weather forecasts) keep changing! :roll: :oops: :lol:
  • NWLondoner
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    NWLondoner wrote:
    'Mo ride??

As in Dyna-Mo :wink:

Doh!! :oops: :roll:
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    Com’n men! MTFU, it’s only a little bit of rain and it will still be quite warm.

We can do a wet weather run and avoid some of the muck of the laneways when wet.

I make it:
    NWLondoner
    Rich-Ti
    The Emu
    Berns12
    London-Red (still to decide on day)
    Mal-inger
    J09
    Voxegam
    ChrisW
    Art Vandelay
    Jrduquemin
    Thebongolian
    Myk-ee
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • Esoteric80
    Esoteric80 Posts: 84
    I'm in.

Early start anyone (8 or 8:30?)
  • Rich-Ti
    Esoteric80 wrote:
    Not a hope as far as I'm concerned! :lol:
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Esoteric80 wrote:
    Not a hope as far as I'm concerned! :lol:

Think some want an 8-8:30 others a 9:30-10. So lets stick with the usual 9am departure time.

Rich, Al don't forget to set your alarms about 10 minutes early :lol:
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • Rich-Ti
    Myk-ee wrote:
    Com’n men! MTFU, it’s only a little bit of rain and it will still be quite warm.
    For me it's more about being able to do...

London to Worthing by train followed by...
    Worthing to London by car (to get the tent here for the Devil Ride :wink: ), then...
    London to Worthing by car, then...
    Meet with Worthing mates to exchange MTB goodies for beer tokens (and visit Parklife, clearly), then...
    Worthing to London by train...

Without impacting on Sunday too... :roll: :lol:

Still deciding... :?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Berns12
    phips wrote:
    Oh bugger it. I'm coming out with you lot.

9am, Richmond Gate, tomorrow then?

:D

What happened to the Rapha ride?

are you turning up in your Fray jersey?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Berns12
    phips wrote:
    Berns12 wrote:

Absolutely not! Green is so not my colour darling.

Oh, I might do ;)

You want collecting enroute?

Yep I will jump on the train at the usual spot at 8.20? Remember to get up when the alarm goes off this time ;)

Aye I don't think the green and yellow will match my 'Mo bibs :)
  • Rich-Ti
    Berns12 wrote:
    phips wrote:
    Berns12 wrote:
    And there was me thinking I was the resident RPCC tart... :wink::lol:
  • Berns12
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Berns12 wrote:
    phips wrote:
    Berns12 wrote:
    And there was me thinking I was the resident RPCC tart... :wink::lol:

Mate think of how awesome it will be next year when half a dozen (or more) of us line up in the early hours at the start of the Fray with our RPCC gear :)
  • Rich-Ti
    Berns12 wrote:
    Mate think of how awesome it will be next year when half a dozen (or more) of us line up in the early hours at the start of the Fray with our RPCC gear :)
    And in Italy Bern 8)