Jail Sentence for Theo Bos?

blazing_saddles
blazing_saddles Posts: 21,813
edited April 2009 in Pro race
I have never seen anything like it in my life!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoEd0w-BmfI
3 and a half minutes in, at the 1km to go.
"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

Comments

• dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    looks like theo bos was getting boxed in, grabbed him to push him right and balance gone..Impey goes his way..cam makes it look like Bos dragged him under... hard to say.....
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    shocking..
    cartoon.jpg
  • Philip S
    Philip S Posts: 398
    Jesus! What was that all about?
  • dave_1
    Doobz wrote:
    shocking..

doesn't it look like Bos was going to go down? barrier was very close on his left with impey boxing him on his right...it looked defensive rather than trying to throw impey into the barrier on purpose...I could be wrong though...his grabbing Impey makes Impey lose balance and veer into Bos's path and barrier rather than Bos throwing him in that direction??
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Doobz wrote:
    shocking..

doesn't it look like Bos was going to go down? barrier was very close on his left with impey boxing him on his right...it looked defensive rather than trying to throw impey into the barrier on purpose...I could be wrong though...his grabbing Impey makes Impey lose balance and veer into Bos's path and barrier rather than Bos throwing him in that direction??

yep it does look like it the more you watch it.. I hope impey and the rest of the riders are okay.. I doubt bos will get a ban

actually.. I have just watched it again and again and Bos was a way off the barrier and he tries to throw impey into the barrier.. you can see him grab Impey and then pull to the left..

Shocking Shocking Shocking....
    cartoon.jpg
  • dave_1
    Bos was pushing him out the way to gain a placing and it went badly wrong maybe??? ...changed my mind a bit ...he shouldn't have grabbed him as he lost balance...never take hands off bars at that speed eh?
  • blazing_saddles
    Impey was taken to the hospital in Alanya where the doctors reported a fracture of the third disc of his lumbar vertebra, a micro-fracture of his neck, facial trauma, a few broken teeth and a deep cut in his lips.

Not to worry though. No action from the commies. Both equally to blame. :?
    OK, so Bos was aiming for a gap that was closed, but he grabbed the guy,
    clearly IMO, from behind.
    A fistful of yellow jersey and into the barriers.
  • avalon
    avalon Posts: 345
    Trackies eh?
    No discipline.
  • dave_1
    Doobz wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Doobz wrote:
    shocking..

yep it does look like it the more you watch it.. I hope impey and the rest of the riders are okay.. I doubt bos will get a ban

actually.. I have just watched it again and again and Bos was a way off the barrier and he tries to throw impey into the barrier.. you can see him grab Impey and then pull to the left..

Shocking Shocking Shocking....

I can't see that amount of detail...Bos could maybe have been trying to push him right to squeeze through and put them both into a wobble sending bos over the front of him...don't think that was the direction Bos wanted impey going in as it brings Bos down too...but maybe he is a looney ...
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,862
    why grab?

he could/should have just pushed him to let him know he was there

he definitely should have let go once impy accelerated!!!!!!
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • claudb
    claudb Posts: 212
    I've watched it several times now and still see it as I first did. It looks to me like Bos used a lot of force to throw Impey ino the barriers, but the strange thing is that he threw him across his own path. I still fail to see how the Commisairres did not act.
  • mididoctors
    claudb wrote:
    I've watched it several times now and still see it as I first did. It looks to me like Bos used a lot of force to throw Impey ino the barriers, but the strange thing is that he threw him across his own path. I still fail to see how the Commisairres did not act.

thats how i see and all...watched it in slo mo ripped to QT

I think he was out of his depth mentally... pressure

they put him in this race (i suspect) so he could get a few easy placings

hasn't panned out for him..

basically he just went bonkers.. he does hold on to impy who accelerates and therefore gets his left shoulder dragged back throwing his steering to the left into the barriers!

theo should have let go
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Bos used to work for the Met.

When he performed that manoeuvre he covered his numbers up and tried to destroy the video replay.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    This is one of the worst things I have seen in a sprint ever. Absoloutely unbelievable and totally wrong.

Clearly Bos grabbed Impey and threw him purposely and forecefully into the barriers. Bizzarely across his own path. You could say that he was holding on as he was losing balance, but one it didn't look like he was losing balance and two there is absolutely no way he should continue to hold on if it means Impey is going down.

Imagine how Impey must be feeling - going from the elation of the biggest win of his career to the emotional low of having it finish like that and have all those injuries.

Now I hate Theo Bos. I never liked him anyway but was admittedly excited about seeing him sprint. I hope he doesn't even reach the Rabo first team now and if he does then all the other sprinters treat him badly and that he gets zero wins.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dave_1
    Bos meant to push him out the way. not drag him across into the barriers bringing hismelf down...??? Are you sure boss wanted t crash too? I don't think anyone would attack someone with such risk of injury to themself...his grab at impey lost them balance...,???
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I watched it on eurosport and just watched it again, it looks like he was trying to throw him forward out of the way - what a c0ck! What did he think would happen at that speed? He needs educating, so are the commies doing nothing? Will he have any come back for this?

This is my first season watching pro cycling so i'm not really up on the rules but i'm fairly shure that sort of thing is against the rules.

I'm really glad Impey won still, I didn't think he was getting up.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • brownbosh
    brownbosh Posts: 602
    The video is clear -he deliberately threw impe. No accident. If the gaps close you always have the option of easing up even in a tight sprint. Boss is a cock and should be binned.
  • Looks like he grabs him from behind and throws him to the floor. He wasn't wobbling when he put his hands out that i could see.

That was sickening.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • dave_1
    brownbosh wrote:
    The video is clear -he deliberately threw impe. No accident. If the gaps close you always have the option of easing up even in a tight sprint. Boss is a fool and should be binned.
    he wanted to crash himself then...I think it looked like what you say but he intended Impey go right, not fall into him left...Bos lost his balance and Impey...so it looks like Bos threw him. I can't believe it and the footage backs up both views...looks like a throw but was a push and lost balance dragging impey into him...
  • Slow1972
    Slow1972 Posts: 362
    Dave_1 wrote:
    brownbosh wrote:
    The video is clear -he deliberately threw impe. No accident. If the gaps close you always have the option of easing up even in a tight sprint. Boss is a fool and should be binned.
    he wanted to crash himself then...I think it looked like what you say but he intended Impey go right, not fall into him left...Bos lost his balance and Impey...so it looks like Bos threw him. I can't believe it and the footage backs up both views...looks like a throw but was a push and lost balance dragging impey into him...

Get real Dave, he may not have meant to drag him across his own wheel but when on earth does a "push" involve getting a big handful of jersey... he was out of order. Whether throwing him was intended or not, surely most riders would consider grabbing a handful of jersey to be a risky manouevre at those speeds with potentially disasterous consequences. He shouldnt be allowed to go unpunished for such stupidity, its dangerous enough in the sprints for those guys without nutters like that to deal with too.
  • dave_1
    Slow1972 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    brownbosh wrote:

Get real Dave, he may not have meant to drag him across his own wheel but when on earth does a "push" involve getting a big handful of jersey... he was out of order. Whether throwing him was intended or not, surely most riders would consider grabbing a handful of jersey to be a risky manouevre at those speeds with potentially disasterous consequences. He shouldnt be allowed to go unpunished for such stupidity, its dangerous enough in the sprints for those guys without nutters like that to deal with too.

You get real too...what idiot drags someone into their front wheel on purpose!! ???? ban Bos, he was a dangerous idiot but he did not deliberately throw Impey into the barriers from the footage we see...
  • kourou
    kourou Posts: 40
    The stage is just starting on Eurosport so there may be some new info on this...

The push turning into a throw idea sounds like the best theory so far, if you assume (as I hope) that it was not an aggressive action down to Bos being enraged about something.

However, I don't think you can eliminate the frustration possibility in a bunch sprint - with the speeds as they are, it is perfectly possible that Bos acted angrily without working out what the consequences would be (i.e. pulling him into his own path) or else perhaps he acted clumsily, meaning to do something else?

Robbie McEwen (@mcewenrobbie) asked on Twitter 'what caused this?' which is an interesting question from a sprinter's point of view - if this was anger, then what made him angry? I can't make it out from the TV clip.

No doubt all will come out in the wash.

Re jail-time, in sports like football, from what I've seen (I'm certainly no expert), only recently has the law in Britain started to be applied with rigour to actions on the pitch. And Turkish law will apply here of course.

Hope Impey gets well soon...
  • blazing_saddles
    "Jail Time" was a headline grabber.
    Thought if I put, "What do you all think of this?", nobody would look.
    Obviously, it worked!

However, daft though it may sound to some, had this happened in the UK, I could see a PC CPS taking this down that road.

I've watched it quite a number of times, now, as I suspect many here have and I'm still baffled.
    Red mist or red bull?
  • avalon
    "Jail Time" was a headline grabber.
    Thought if I put, "What do you all think of this?", nobody would look.
    Obviously, it worked!

However, daft though it may sound to some, had this happened in the UK, I could see a PC CPS taking this down that road.

I've watched it quite a number of times, now, as I suspect many here have and I'm still baffled.
    Red mist or red bull?

Neither.
    Self preservation.
    It's not kindergarten out there and shi!t happens.
  • Just watched it again on Eurosport HD. So what we saw was very clear.

No way, whatsoever was that accidental or an acceptable no blame racing incident. No doubt in the minds of all who were here watching it.

In my opinion that was way worse than any doping could ever be - life ban is in order.

Actually made me very angry watching that.
  • avalon
    All here being who?
  • Birillo
    Birillo Posts: 417
    Self preservation.

So that's all right then . . .
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    First view Ithought he deliberately throws him - the more I watch it the more I think it's just about possible he was just grabbing him and then went over taking Impey with him.

Some will ask Why Grab ? But on the other side Why throw someone under your own wheel at 40mph ?

Obviously doesn't absolve Bos but from that clip I couldn't call it for sure either way. [/i]

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • avalon
    Birillo wrote:
    Self preservation.

So that's all right then . . .

If that's a question then yes.
    If that is a statement then yes.
    What is your point?
  • mididoctors

Red mist or red bull?

red mist or powerthirst