Hamilton Positive

Comments

• dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    I hope he admits what he did in 04 and writes about it in a book of some sort. he could take down some big names if he wanted. I don't hate Tyler hamilton. I wish the guy a better future away from cycling.
  • GoLance
    GoLance Posts: 28
    jamieh5463 wrote:
    aurelio wrote:
    jamieh5463 wrote:
    it was only a couple of years ago he was helping armstrong win the tour.
    Say no more... :wink:
    Im not getting you aurelio?

Please god let this thread not also degenerate into a slanging match about him too. Let us just agree that Tyler Hamilton is an utter Hoon.

Yes I agree. This is about Hamilton, not the legend that is Lance.
    'You are not worth the chair you are sitting on with a statement like that...and I'm not sure I'll ever forgive you.'
    (Lance Armstrong)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    "There is no scientific evidence or basis for this steroid to be a performance enhancer," said Scott. "It is fair to suggest that the probability of DHEA having a performance effect on anyone, at any amount taken is inconceivable. There is no good reason to take DHEA, this is a very foolish drug to take because it is readily detectable, but it has no performance enhancements."

This has all the hallmarks of a cry for help, he must've known he would be caught and clearly, wasn't seeking to gain any advantage by taking this substance, he couldn't have been that naive surely.
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • GeorgeShaw
    GeorgeShaw Posts: 764
    Does that mean his twin is banned as well?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • alanmcn1
    alanmcn1 Posts: 531
    iainf72 wrote:
    alanmcn1 wrote:
    Why was he ever allowed a pro-contract ever again after the details of his Op Puerto regime???

Even if that evidence could have been used, with the rules as they stood at the time he could not be punished because those offences predated the Vuelta positive so would have been considered the same offence.

I wasn't looking for the nonsense legal reason. I was thinking more along the lines of DSs showing a bit of responsibility. It is clear the guy has a pathological attitude to PED abuse. No one should have put him at risk again.
    I'm going now, as i will get into my rant about riders only being a small part of the problem, and DSs and management being the larger part of the problem, but it's bad for my blood pressure :?
    Robert Millar for knighthood
  • socrates
    socrates Posts: 453
    Said he took pills for depression and he knew they contained a banned substance and he will now retire. Good riddance.
  • coinneach
    coinneach Posts: 79
    There is some right rubbish being said about this: "homeopathic / herbal medicines with steroids in" I don't think so - "retiring" I don't think so- about to be banned for life to "I hope he goes and kills himself". Doesn't think forum have a moderator who deletes comments like that? Signing yourself English not British and making comments like that doesn't endear yourself or your nationality to me
    "It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end."
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Not a happy ending for him. Hope he can settle into retirement, but that's as far as my sympathy goes.
    In case we forget, he brought his problems upon his self.
    Comes with the territory; firstly in cheating and secondly, perhaps more importantly, by adopting such dogmatic stance with his denial.

He came back into the sport, unrepentant, still proclaiming his innocence. That illusion is now totally shattered.
    From the outset, he was a willing convert to the doping culture.

He stands alone, but should not. Others should also shoulder some of the responsibility and blame.
    I refer to those chapters in David Walsh's book, that deal with his history.

Landis? What price his protestations, now?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    Robmanic1 wrote:

This has all the hallmarks of a cry for help, he must've known he would be caught and clearly, wasn't seeking to gain any advantage by taking this substance, he couldn't have been that naive surely.

I tend to agree. A bit Pantani esq you could say...
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • markwalker
    markwalker Posts: 953
    coinneach wrote:
    There is some right rubbish being said about this: "homeopathic / herbal medicines with steroids in" I don't think so - "retiring" I don't think so- about to be banned for life to "I hope he goes and kills himself". Doesn't think forum have a moderator who deletes comments like that? Signing yourself English not British and making comments like that doesn't endear yourself or your nationality to me

As far as hope he goes and kills himself I havent seen that before
    What makes you think I give two hoots about endearing myself to you; a self important nobody on the internet?
  • G man
    G man Posts: 57
    Which is the more likely sceanario?

1. Hamilton depressed, takes over the counter remedy for depression contaminated with DHEA

or

2. Hamilton tests positive for DHEA, quick internet search shows Belgian paper of 2002 showing nutritional supplements can be contaminated with DHEA, then announces he took over the counter nutritional supplements

Is he so stupid to take an over the counter anti depressant, when there have been other cases of professional cyclists taking "contaminated nutritional supplements"?

Whichever scenario is true, he's either stupid or lying.
    respectez le bitumen
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    G man wrote:
    That was my hypothesis on the previous page :wink:
  • dave_1
    the jubilant postings are a little sickening too ...Tyler should be kept away from teams for life but the sheer pleasure at his demise leaves me sick. Look at Nicolo/Paganini's postings above..
  • So he decided to retire. I hope the proper process if followed and he gets a lifetime ban and isn't allowed to creep back into a postition where he can earn another bean from riding - unlike Mancebo and Vino.
    \'You Come At the King,You Best Not Miss\'
  • dave_1
    iainf72 wrote:
    Sounds like he's got a few issues to work through.

you sound relatively forgiving there Iainf. I believe Tyler is not an idiot, holds an MBA pre dating his career at the top. I feel for old Roadrash Dunc though.
  • G man wrote:
    Which is the more likely sceanario?

1. Hamilton depressed, takes over the counter remedy for depression contaminated with DHEA

or

2. Hamilton tests positive for DHEA, quick internet search shows Belgian paper of 2002 showing nutritional supplements can be contaminated with DHEA, then announces he took over the counter nutritional supplements

Is he so stupid to take an over the counter anti depressant, when there have been other cases of professional cyclists taking "contaminated nutritional supplements"?

Yea there's a couple of issues i think- there's the doping point and his personal mental condition. So we have to be careful. Sounds like he needs to go away and take a look at himself- but i wish him the best in terms of his health. I know he's had a horrible history of lies etc. but I'm more inclined to believe this is indeed a cry for help rather than systematic cheating. He said he knew all along they contained the steroid- seems almost resigned to being caught- not really the sneak, cheat and win mentality.

Interesting comments about addiction though- could be about his body depending on a 'fix' in order to operate properly- when your so used to putting substances in the body (banned or otherwise).
    Who were the French brothers who came clean about supplying 'pot belge' to most of the peloton not long ago? Apparently some were shooting up several times a day- just for the fix. Not sure the performance benefits of the Belgian mix but it's frightening insight in to the doping, drug taking subculture of the sport.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    If the man has mental issues/problems why did he not get help and step away from cycling? All he's done is sully the reputation (even more) of the sport that has given him a privilaged lifestyle.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,171
    If the man has mental issues/problems why did he not get help and step away from cycling? All he's done is sully the reputation (even more) of the sport that has given him a privilaged lifestyle.

I suggest you read a bit.
    Mañana
  • At the risk of upsetting a few people here goes...

I often read the Bikeradar forum, mainly because many of you know far more than me about the sport and I find your conversations interesting, informative, insightful bla bla bla… a rse licking over.

Never have I read such tosh. Some of you should hang your head in shame.

So Tyler was a complete twonk and rides for one of the most suspect teams out there…

But the knee jerk reaction to this latest news should leave many on here red faced with embarrassment.

He’s gone from the sport, heck maybe he should never have been let back in, but the lack of humanity being shown here is incredible.

The measure of a man (woman) is his (her) ability to admit they got it wrong and apologise. Go on I dare you, be as quick to say you called it wrong as you were hasty to celebrate the guys demise.

Rant over.
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Needless to say, I'll be clicking that red exclamation mark on Mr Walker's post.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • At the risk of upsetting a few people here goes...

I often read the Bikeradar forum, mainly because many of you know far more than me about the sport and I find your conversations interesting, informative, insightful bla bla bla… a rse licking over.

Never have I read such tosh. Some of you should hang your head in shame.

So Tyler was a complete twonk and rides for one of the most suspect teams out there…

But the knee jerk reaction to this latest news should leave many on here red faced with embarrassment.

He’s gone from the sport, heck maybe he should never have been let back in, but the lack of humanity being shown here is incredible.

The measure of a man (woman) is his (her) ability to admit they got it wrong and apologise. Go on I dare you, be as quick to say you called it wrong as you were hasty to celebrate the guys demise.

Rant over.

That being the case, where is Hamilton's ability to admit he called it wrong when he started blaming his unborn twin etc for cheating at sport?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Kléber
    But we don't know for sure if he has depression. I've read one report that he took "a herbal remedy" because of depression. In the past he's faked stomach problems to get out of the Vuelta before his last positive test, he couldn't admit to blood doping and more recently he's been spinning tales of bronchitis. Some are right to wonder if he's genuinely depressed, whether this is a real case of clinical depression, whether he was just a bit lonely or if it's all another piece of classic Hamilton victimhood fiction.

If he is genuinely ill then I hope he gets the correct medical help, not some silly herbal tea. Why the bronchitis line?
  • markwalker
    Dave_1 wrote:
    markwalker wrote:
    phips wrote:
    This is actually pretty sad.

"Hamilton, 38, said he decided to admit to the violation in order to concentrate on an ongoing battle with clinical depression that was first diagnosed in 2003"

I fear we can see him heading the same way as Pantani...

Good, one less drug using mental dwarf in the peleoton. At least he might meet tugboat in the great big pound in the sky.

I really hope diseases like you are cleaned off this forum-that's terrible thing to wish on someone and none of us want to read your sick postings

What disease would that be Dave? Facts are facts
    1 hes no longer in the peleoton
    2 he uses drugs / ped / blood transfusions
    3 By his own admission he has mental illness
    4 hes not very tall
    5 Are we to believe that his enthusiastic search for "competative" advantage might not have exaserbated his current condition( illness and "retirement")
    6 Read the posting it doesnt wish any harm on him, rather a possibility that should he go the way of Pantani he might at least meet his dog which were led to believe he had great affection for.
  • Noclue
    Noclue Posts: 503
    Hands up all those doing the slating that have personal contact with someone suffering with clinical depression? My father in law suffered for years and then took his own life, i assure you people with clinical depression (when bad enough) dont think logically they just grasp at straws, some comments in this thread are down right offensive.
  • Kléber
    Maybe stop digging that hole any bigger Mark :wink:
  • markwalker
    Needless to say, I'll be clicking that red exclamation mark on Mr Walker's post.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

why facts uncomfortable?

or just a different sentiment? its not defamation, the only thing not fact based is a suggestion of an afterlife. Loser
  • markwalker
    Kléber wrote:
    Maybe stop digging that hole any bigger Mark :wink:

Good plan :)

Im saying no more.