Hamilton Positive

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited April 2009 in Pro race
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    LOL

Bronchitis, eh?
  • iainf72
    Stupid git. I hope it was for coke or some kinda party drug and he was just getting freaky with the Rock Racing girls.
  • Are they sure that they have got the right one? :lol:
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Doesnt say where he tested positive ?

Cant see any amount of cute puppies or badges will get him out of this one ?
  • As somebody said on the speculative thread... That's a special kind of stupid.

And makes Pevenage look more of an idiot from that interview yesterday saying the guys at Rock would be "Too scared to ever touch doping products again"

I say AH HA HA HA HA HA HA take it you lying cheat.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • jamieh5463
    jamieh5463 Posts: 223
    wot a complete noob hes just starting to get his career back again and earn some money, doesnt he care? he must know he is going to get caught? hes gone from hero to zero literally it was only a couple of years ago he was helping armstrong win the tour.
    all i can say is what a pillock
  • cougie wrote:
    Cant see any amount of cute puppies or badges will get him out of this one ?
    Nor, in this case at least, the smokescreen / PR job provided by some 'Charitable foundation'.

The Tyler Hamilton Foundation is dedicated to promoting health and personal empowerment through cycling, and supporting efforts to discover the causes of Multiple Sclerosis (MS).

http://www.tylerhamilton.com/cms/index
  • jamieh5463 wrote:
    it was only a couple of years ago he was helping armstrong win the tour.
    Say no more... :wink:
  • jamieh5463
    aurelio wrote:
    jamieh5463 wrote:
    Im not getting you aurelio?
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    This is the behaviour of an addict, not just a cheat.
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • jamieh5463 wrote:
    aurelio wrote:
    jamieh5463 wrote:
    Im not getting you aurelio?

Please god let this thread not also degenerate into a slanging match about him too. Let us just agree that Tyler Hamilton is an utter Hoon.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • iainf72
    On a serious note, I hope Tyler decides to just be honest. It will be very difficult to do at this stage but it's the right thing to do.

He has been humiliated for doing what many others did. Step up, apologise and help move things forward.
  • afx237vi
    teagar wrote:

Yeah, addicted to cheating.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    So the little birdie was right, twittering away inside the Hincapie Clothing factory. Quite how he got the scoop is a story in itself but we discussed the rumours on here a bit before.
  • jamieh5463
    i agree with disgruntled goat ;) (about Hamilton being a hoon - whatever that means)
    im happy (still dont like them tht much though) for dopers to give sport a second go, partly because i would never think they are so stupid as to dope again!! especially with the doping measures today! i mean look at the 2008 TDF they found a new dope but they still didnt get away with it and i doubt Hamilton used a new drug he just used epo or something how did he intend to get away with it? he cant run away from the tests because he will still recieve a ban. thts the 2nd time he has doped and that is unforgivable.
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    afx237vi wrote:
    teagar wrote:

Or drugs :roll: .
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • iainf72
    Updated now

He tested positive for the banned steroid Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) after an out-of-competition control in early February. Hamilton admitted to knowingly taking the substance which was an ingredient in a vitamin supplement he took in an attempt to alleviate depression. He has decided to retire.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    A steroid positive from an over-the-counter herbal antidepressant.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/n ... id=4075873
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • iainf72
    Sounds like he's got a few issues to work through.
  • markwalker
    markwalker Posts: 953
    yeah unemployment and ugliness being just two.

decided to retire?????? thats spin for you.

What are the chances of him spilling the beans on the big cheese then?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    If he had a real medical issue like depression, taking a herbal remedy laced with DHEA is no excuse, he needed real help. Any rider knows to check quack remedies and if in doubt, not to take them. Either he was on a sly steroid programme and got rumbled or he's just tested positive for being incredibly stupid and ignorant of the rules that have already caught him before.

But given his colossal propensity to tell lies, who would believe him this time? After all, he's been claiming "bronchitis" for a long time.
  • afx237vi
    teagar wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    teagar wrote:

Or drugs :roll: .

What, blood transfusions? The guy wanted to win, he played the game, he got burned. Twice.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • alanmcn1
    alanmcn1 Posts: 531
    Why was he ever allowed a pro-contract ever again after the details of his Op Puerto regime???

On a serious note, I think people around Hamilton need to be careful with him and give him some solid support in the next few months, or we could have another Pantani. Looking at the lengths he went to with his doping in his career he is lucky he hasn't already killed himself, and I think this is a man that has a dabgerous obsessive compulsion for doping and drugs for enahncing all aspects of his life.

I have no time for the man, but he has cheated to keep up with the crowd in a dark time in cyclings history (ie, the 90s) and no one else should be found dead because of it
    Robert Millar for knighthood
  • Jamie, the Hoon reference is to Geoff Hoon, formerly the Defense Secretary. Given his ability to find money to feather his nest at teh tax payers expense but inability to find money for soldiers to have effective combat gear when sent to fight unpopular wars, and claiming he had "delegated" his duty of care to them, many Forces message boards refer to him as TCH or The C^#$ Hoon, i'm sure you can figure out the rest.

@gietvangent
  • iainf72
    alanmcn1 wrote:
    Why was he ever allowed a pro-contract ever again after the details of his Op Puerto regime???

Even if that evidence could have been used, with the rules as they stood at the time he could not be punished because those offences predated the Vuelta positive so would have been considered the same offence.
  • Go-KL
    Go-KL Posts: 8
    I'm not surprised he's battling depression after listening to an interview with him (From early 2007 or 2008) on Competitor Radio a few weeks back. He sounded seriously down to the point where I almost found myself having some sympathy for him (in between laughing out loud at his explanation for his remarkable improvement in performance through 2003-04).

I think telling the truth about his entire career is a good way to start addressing his demons and sod the fallout that may ensue.
  • jamieh5463
    cheers disgruntled goat ;)
  • alanmcn1 wrote:
    Because (according to some anyhow...), paying huge amounts of cash to a notorious doping doctor is no evidence at all of doping? :wink:
  • markwalker
    markwalker Posts: 953
    Go-KL wrote:
    I'm not surprised he's battling depression after listening to an interview with him (From early 2007 or 2008) on Competitor Radio a few weeks back. He sounded seriously down to the point where I almost found myself having some sympathy for him (in between laughing out loud at his explanation for his remarkable improvement in performance through 2003-04).

I think telling the truth about his entire career is a good way to start addressing his demons and sod the fallout that may ensue.

Go-KL that sounds like a sensible thing, shed all the past, face the fire and then start again. Ive not had depression but i can see how that might help. More importantly Mr Armstrong would be firing on all cylinders to discredit yet support Kevin at the same time. superb to watch with a potentialy great outcome. Armstrong is uncovered to his worshippers and Kevin gets better.