Ride Reports

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Rich158 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Looks out of window :shock: , mmmm! might take a rest day today, scuttles back to bed :D

Bugger off back to bed then :evil: some of us are being more productive and are actually working :wink:

Actually I thought of something more productive to do, i'm going to annoy the LBS for a bit then spend many hours fettling with my clicky click click road bike before coming into London in search of employment, i've heard the streets are paved with gold!!! or was it purest "green"!!! :P

But perhaps a little power-nap first :D
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Oooohhh, I don't envy you spending hours trying to find that annoying click that disapears whenever you start looking for it :twisted:

I've got an evening of cleaning, polishing and fetling my beloved lined up this evening :lol::lol::lol:

yes the streets are paved with gold, magic gold that disapears whenever any yokels come to town :wink:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    itboffin wrote:
    Rich158 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Looks out of window :shock: , mmmm! might take a rest day today, scuttles back to bed :D

Bugger off back to bed then :evil: some of us are being more productive and are actually working :wink:

Actually I thought of something more productive to do, i'm going to annoy the LBS for a bit then spend many hours fettling with my clicky click click road bike before coming into London in search of employment, i've heard the streets are paved with gold!!! or was it purest "green"!!! :P

But perhaps a little power-nap first :D
    Sounds like a cunning plan. Ruffs are very big down london way this season, I hear. Dress accordingly when you pop in ;)
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • girv73
    girv73 Posts: 842
    Had a decent run around the Belfast hills yesterday, 30 miles and 1700+ft of climbing. This included conquering a mile(ish) long stretch of 10% hill (Upper Hightown Road) that I don't think I'd attempted for probably 15 years. I could include it on my commute home some day if I'm feeling masochistic :)

I also clocked a personal best 41mph on the last big downhill, but my phone decided that was the perfect time to become more closely acquainted the tarmac. It's a bit bent and doesn't really work properly now :(

3290_1141034560420_1064108040_1177027_149315_n.jpg

Lots more words here: http://www.rainmiles.com/archives/sunda ... 90426.html
    BikeHike map here: http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=6816
    Today is a good day to ride
  • itboffin
    One day off the bike and I have the cravings already :twisted:

The forecast does not look good :evil:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    Fine out there at the moment, just lots of muck on the roads around here. Get out there before the afternoon showers kick in.
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • itboffin
    Feltup wrote:
    Fine out there at the moment, just lots of muck on the roads around here. Get out there before the afternoon showers kick in.

Will do :D
  • Feltup
    itboffin wrote:
    Feltup wrote:

Will do :D

You know it makes sense! :D

Will expect a report later.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    I think with all these weekend rides, it might be an idea to start a new thread where we put our yearly mileage to date up. Feltup, Rich and ITB must be racking up some serious mileage, and it might encourage others to get to do more miles.

ITB - as Mr Ride Report, care to do the honours? :)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Rich158
    cjcp wrote:
    I think with all these weekend rides, it might be an idea to start a new thread where we put our yearly mileage to date up. Feltup, Rich and ITB must be racking up some serious mileage, and it might encourage others to get to do more miles.

I'll start, 280 miles last week :lol: I'm now aiming for arround 1500 a month over the summer :shock:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Rich158 wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

I'll start, 280 miles last week :lol: I'm now aiming for arround 1500 a month over the summer :shock:

280! Jaysus. Thanks to my pathetic commute I managed a paltry 146, supplemented by a weekend ride, trips to the GF's and a morning trip out to RP and back.

I need a longer commute.
  • Feltup
    cjcp wrote:

It was all going so well until pesky DIY got in the way last weekend. Week before I only 170 miles this week a paltry 30 so far but will add to that with some evening additions. I am also on a bit of a taper as the Fred Whitton approaches.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
  • Christophe3967
    Christophe3967 Posts: 1,200
    Rich158 wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

Flippin' eck. :shock: I seem to be stuck at around 180 - 200 per week just lately. I'm on about 2,400 so far for the year. I think CJCP and ITB are past that comfortably and sounds like you are as well.
  • Feltup
    I am certainly minor league compared to you folks.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    Being single and/or a man of leisure helps, I think. Also, if its the only sport you do.....

Those are my excuses. :(
  • itboffin
    cjcp wrote:

Sorry I was out riding my bike :D

Erm let me see now...

Year 09 = 2279 miles
    April 09 = 705 miles
    This Wk = 10 miles :oops: i'm going out again before the rain kicks in

Mrs itboffin just suggested I go for a run instead, i'm not entirely sure what she means :?
  • Rich158
    Feltup wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

It was all going so well until pesky DIY got in the way last weekend. Week before I only 170 miles this week a paltry 30 so far but will add to that with some evening additions. I am also on a bit of a taper as the Fred Whitton approaches.

Same here, taking it easy this week after two big weekends, and then I'll start ramping it up a bit towards the end of next week to get the legs really firing for the weekend :lol:

Revised FCN - 2
  • itboffin
    I do not include me trips to the shop, school run, pub etc in my mileage totals, I mean for goodness sake If I did that i'd but 5000+ just from the pub runs :oops:
  • itboffin
    FFS looks like this week is going to be spoilt by interviews and bad weather :evil:
  • Feltup
    Just looking for my sympathy, I know I had it around here somewhere.........................

nope just found some luck virus so I shall send that your way for those interviews.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
  • itboffin
    Enough of this foolish banter there are hills to be conquered.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    177.5 for last week.

Hopefully this week may break over 200.
  • itboffin
    I just banged out another 19.9 miles (Attica :lol: ) taking the total today to 30 miles not huge but still a good effort, my tourer felt really heavy today especially when I had my first proper go at the Andover Wheelers hill challenge I didn't do to well, I feel I let the entire SCR team down, I just couldn't keep my HR below 194 for the whole 6.30 min climb very unpleasant, note to self my tourer is pants for fast hill climbs :? I will of course be back for a sub 5 min time :twisted:

It's about 500ft in 1.3 miles with a few nasty kicks and turns not helped by the alternating hot cold as the clouds rolled by, I was steaming at the top - my excuses are;
      the wrong kind of clouds wrong bike for the event overdressed / under dressed 1st day in the week is always slower

That should cover it :wink:

I picked up another visit from the PF on the descent AGAIN, same spot as my last ride I figure it's those little sharp shards of stone that get washed all over the roads in this weather, never mind c02 to the rescue :D

https://sportstracker.nokia.com/nts/wor ... ?id=923569

edit: I've decided to try out the short New Forest Rattler sportive route tomorrow afternoon, single speed of course any other way would quite frankly be Ghey :roll:
  • Christophe3967
    Christophe3967 Posts: 1,200
    itboffin wrote:
    I just banged out another 19.9 miles (Attica :lol: ) taking the total today to 30 miles not huge but still a good effort, my tourer felt really heavy today especially when I had my first proper go at the Andover Wheelers hill challenge I didn't do to well, I feel I let the entire SCR team down, I just couldn't keep my HR below 194 for the whole 6.30 min climb very unpleasant, note to self my tourer is pants for fast hill climbs :? I will of course be back for a sub 5 min time :twisted:

It's about 500ft in 1.3 miles with a few nasty kicks and turns not helped by the alternating hot cold as the clouds rolled by, I was steaming at the top - my excuses are;
      the wrong kind of clouds wrong bike for the event overdressed / under dressed 1st day in the week is always slower

That should cover it :wink:

I picked up another visit from the PF on the descent AGAIN, same spot as my last ride I figure it's those little sharp shards of stone that get washed all over the roads in this weather, never mind c02 to the rescue :D

https://sportstracker.nokia.com/nts/wor ... ?id=923569

edit: I've decided to try out the short New Forest Rattler sportive route tomorrow afternoon, single speed of course any other way would quite frankly be Ghey :roll:

Just heard, Wiltshire is being closed due to Swine Flu. That'll clip your wings.
  • itboffin
    Don't tell anyone but i've been sneaking across the borders into Hampshire & Berkshire :roll:
  • Feltup
    itboffin wrote:
    Don't tell anyone but i've been sneaking across the borders into Hampshire & Berkshire :roll:

Oi! That's Royal Berkshire to you and I certainly never gave you permission. :wink:

Felt F55 - 2007
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
  • cjcp
    Right. I see. I'm quite lazy then.

I'm just over 2,300 for the year (Christophe - you've overtaken me!). I've managed a whopping, wait for it, 50, yes, 50 miles since Sunday. :?

I've got work to do if I'm to catch up with some of you lot.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp
    P.S. This is like herding cats :) . ITB ol' boy, when you've got a free moment (and you should have, um, right now in fact :twisted: ), can you sort the above stats out into some sort of list on a separate thread - rather than like the 3 Lap Challenge, with a total mileage for the year? You're better at IT stuff than me. :)
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • I prefer to think of my miles in terms of quality rather than quantity.

Well, being pretty idle, I have to. :wink:

I was supposed to be heading out on Sunday on a group L2P training ride. Meeting in Esher at 8.30.

Waking up at 9.00 isn't the best preparation though. :roll:

I'm blaming the new mattress. It's bloody comfy.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • itboffin
    cjcp wrote:
    P.S. This is like herding cats :) . ITB ol' boy, when you've got a free moment (and you should have, um, right now in fact :twisted: ), can you sort the above stats out into some sort of list on a separate thread - rather than like the 3 Lap Challenge, with a total mileage for the year? You're better at IT stuff than me. :)

Will do