Things you've seen out & about

124»

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    prawny wrote:
    I'd like to think I've seen most grim things by the side of the road, but I was a bit shocked this morning to see a DILDO in the gutter!

At the traffic lights and not in the city centre either, in a fairly nice part of a small town, not all that far from where our esteemed mod lives. Weird.

You sure they weren't hipster handlebars? easy mistake :D
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • ince wrote:
    I was looking for this thread the other day ....

... coming into work last tuesday morning aroung 7 am I see an old gent, 70's ish in a black suit, white shirt etc walking down the path towards me. As I get close i see he has a dead rabbit in one hand and tucked under the other arm is a live chicken :shock:

Not sure if that counts as a good night out or a bad morning..

:lol: Awesome
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    itboffin wrote:
    prawny wrote:
    I'd like to think I've seen most grim things by the side of the road, but I was a bit shocked this morning to see a DILDO in the gutter!

At the traffic lights and not in the city centre either, in a fairly nice part of a small town, not all that far from where our esteemed mod lives. Weird.

You sure they weren't hipster handlebars? easy mistake :D

I thought it might have been at first then I realised it had a glans deferens :shock:

It was pink too.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • deffler
    deffler Posts: 829
    x2 well endowed girlies frollicking in the River Wear
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • itboffin
    Dude in shorts FFS shorts it's like -50 out there :shock:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    Saw a guy in shorts round here too. Seriously, what is that all about.
  • itboffin
    Living in Wiltshire I quite often see a lot of wild life including buzzards but on Sat I saw one of these http://www.bbc.co.uk/wiltshire/content/ ... ture.shtml

It was freaky big and right in front on me

white_eagle_203_203x152.jpg
  • salsajake
    salsajake Posts: 702
    I'm not sure what is more impressive, seeing an eagle or resurrecting an 11 month old thread!

See 2 herons around once a week at the moment, but I actually caught an owl on my headcam flying in front of me for about 30 seconds as he used me as a beater. Haven't got it uploaded anywhere as I don't know how to do such things.

I also increasingly regularly see people driving cars that expect people coming the other way to slam on their brakes and mount the verge as they overtake me in inappropriate places. Grrrrrrrr.
  • itboffin
    it's alive I tell you :lol:
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Saw 10 fallow deer in the new Forest at the weekend plus something huge and flying on the way to Marlborough on Saturday - could have been one of ITB's eagles but didn't get a clear look

Is it me or are there more buzzards about this year - seeing them everywhere at the moment