Paul Kimmage rattles Laid back Lance!!

14567810»

Comments

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    I ran across these quotes By Jonathan Swift(1667-1745) Irish poet.
    For whatever reason they seemed to me to apply to this debate(in a weird sort of way).

"Every dog must have his day.

"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another."

"Fine words! I wonder where you stole them."

"Our passions are like convulsion fits, which, though they make us stronger for the time, leave us the weaker ever after."

"One of the best rules in conversation is, never to say a thing which any of the company
    can reasonably wish had been left unsaid."

"When a true genius appears in this world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."

"My nose itched, and I knew I should drink wine or kiss a fool."

"Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed."

Dennis Noward
  • Moray Gub wrote:
    One other thing why do always jump to the defence of the ALB ?

MG

Defend the ALB?
    Well, look at the alternative......it's the PLO! :shock:
    I dunno, but I think it all fair game, just as long as it doesn't get over-heated and stays on track.
    I suppose the really objective stance is to support consistency within the whole issue and avoid being drawn, by debate on any individual rider,into subjectivity .
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • One might note, a letter from Ohio of all places.

http://www.velonews.com/article/88020/m ... ations-and

I'll check the link. Mr. Howe said it very well as I often can fumble for words.

• It's not a scientific poll:

What is interesting and maybe at times, just regurgitating Walsh's indictment on Lance is just that.

http://www.amazon.fr/L-Confidentiel-sec ... pd_sim_b_1 Amazon France: 5 reviews, they really are about the same ratings as you would find at the USA's store. In fact, I think amazon.co.uk are probably the most generous ratings I've seen. One can look it all up for oneself.

Of course, the ratings can be manipulated if someone wanted to go to the trouble to buy books to write reviews. It wasn't always that way but it has been for years now.

How about Lance's "It's not about the bike", French page: http://www.amazon.fr/pas-que-v%C3%A9lo- ... pd_sim_b_1 and the ratings in both US and France seem to reflect each other meaning the French reviewers liked it about the same as in the US. The US probably has more individual reviews just like the US has a ton of people reviewing any Beatles album versus most other amazon websites.
  • dennisn
    One might note, a letter from Ohio of all places.

http://www.velonews.com/article/88020/m ... ations-and

I'll check the link. Mr. Howe said it very well as I often can fumble for words.

Once again I profess to be neither a supporter nor hater of Lance(not that anyone believes that) but I have to ask why isn't he allowed to be a human being. Complete with warts, anger, outrage, imperfections, maybe not even a nice person. Who among us, when put under the microscope and constantly bombarded, hounded, and set upon by
    people looking to make a dollar off your name(journalists, etc., etc.) would not falter, grow angry, say some wrong things, or just plain lose it altogether? How many of you would come out of something like this smelling like a rose? How long could you maintain
    your composure when every word, action, and thing you do is picked apart and analyzed to the Nth degree? Sure, that may be the price of fame but I can't say that I envy too many people for it.

Dennis Noward
  • I'm glad I didn't answer you right away Dennis, I saw your answer.

In the end, on this affair, there is a lot of ambiguity. Sure the author above in Velonews wrote a good letter and I pointed out interestingly, he was from Ohio.

But he's just one man, a good letter but I've got to see people as being "split" on this issue which can be good I'd think to sway it towards Lance, at least in a cat having nine lives way.

Yes, we all can take it easy. The thing is, is there are going to be doubts aplenty about anyone. I don't care to villainise anyone. When Floyd lost his yellow jersey and then it took about 9 months to declare the Spaniard the winner, I did not find any assurance in that at all.

As talking about Landis earlier, well, I think only in the sense, he was a USPS rider and then sought to pave his own way but was probably caught up in the machinery of the sport, I find him a sympathetic character. I was hoping, if guilty, he'd be caught. Most of these guys, from any country, if they are caught, I find little reason to believe the immediate claims of innocence we so often hear.

Sidenote, speaking of a sports personality tackling the cancer issue: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/low/uk_news/england/7901685.stm

Time to say our prayers for all of these brave souls.
  • don key
    don key Posts: 494
    I have managed to get some video of Lance and Paul back when they were friends, in it Lance is having a problem fixing the rear derailleur, Paul never said a thing but Pance referred to himself as a "prick with gears".
  • dennisn
    don key wrote:
    I have managed to get some video of Lance and Paul back when they were friends, in it Lance is having a problem fixing the rear derailleur, Paul never said a thing but Pance referred to himself as a "prick with gears".

Not sure what you're trying to say. :?: :?: :?: :? :?

Dennis Noward
  • don key
    Maybe it doesn't transmutate, if you were ever sure of what I was saying I would worry.

This Jonathan Sniffed, what was he on?
  • Once again I profess to be neither a supporter nor hater of Lance(not that anyone believes that) but I have to ask why isn't he allowed to be a human being. Complete with warts, anger, outrage, imperfections, maybe not even a nice person. Who among us, when put under the microscope and constantly bombarded, hounded, and set upon by
    people looking to make a dollar off your name(journalists, etc., etc.) would not falter, grow angry, say some wrong things, or just plain lose it altogether? How many of you would come out of something like this smelling like a rose? How long could you maintain
    your composure when every word, action, and thing you do is picked apart and analysed.

Dennis Noward[/quote]
    I would hope that you wouldn't get your mates to surround someone going about his job, and publicly gob all over him, so that spittle was dripping from his hair , face and legs.
    Dan
  • don key
    He gives no quarter, he gets none.

And then there is his legion of liars, very subtle.
  • don key
    adeyboy wrote:
    don key wrote:
    adeyboy wrote:
    don key wrote:
    adeyboy wrote:
    don key wrote:
    colint wrote:
    I have read his book, which is why I know he was finished as a cyclist and also doped. I suggest you re-read it if you didn't grasp the facts first time around.

He's obviously free to tell his story any way he wants, but I just refuse to buy this brave BS. Can you answer the questions why he didn't speak out BEFORE he doped, and why he doesn't ask about doping in other sports ?

Suggestion is not necessary ,I will do that as and when feel like it.
    Him deciding he was finished doesn't meran he was finished, he decided, he could have carried on but chose not to. He did amps twice and caffeine once, If he spoke out before he doped he would never have doped and the WONDERFUL book he WROTE would not now have been READ

You refuse, that is kind of you
    As to his not saying anything before he doped, it seems fairly obvious that he was caught up in the same shoot as everyone else. It is after all a nasty business, when you speak out you get hammered, in his day the money was rubbish, it still is for some. They have you by your hamsters choker.

I stand up or out whenever it is required, there is no support, the world is full of cowards who keep their heads down at all times. They also have pretty pathetic excuses as to why they do nothing.

To monstrousise him as you do gives the green light to those who wonder whether or not to say anything or keep stum, stum being the green light in this case.

What? In English please. Did Kimmage proof read this post?!

Are you as cupid as your stunning?

I assume you mean 'you're' not 'your'.
    I suggest you give up to be honest, you're not getting anywhere.

If I have upset you as seems obvious then you will find it in your heart to thank me, of course if like the Gob i have pointed out your errant ways, that then gives you more reason to be thankful. As for your need to correct other people in their use of spelling , that is a sign from God that you have lost.

I don't need to give up to be honest as I am honest and my travelling speed is a private matter.

It's not your spelling I am correcting, it's your punctuation and your syntax.

God? To (mis)quote Alister Campbell 'I don't do God mate'

Finally, don't worry, you have not upset me in the slightest and I wish you well.

You wish me well. What's Hell being doing to you in the mean time?

I cannot stop laughing at you. Between yourself and the other job knocky I have traced the source of your unbearable pain. This is better than a positive from our friend in denial(Alarmstrong). Looking forward to the fun we'll have and so pleased that a man with a grudge can wait so long to bring it to imaturity.

The thing that slipped me earlier is that you are in fact an out and out coward and a liar, you wish me well, in what way would that wish come to fruition?
  • colint
    colint Posts: 1,707
    Jeez, draggin up 3 month old threads, you're desperate for an argument aren't you ?
    Planet X N2A
    Trek Cobia 29er
  • don key
    colint wrote:
    Jeez, draggin up 3 month old threads, you're desperate for an argument aren't you ?[/quote

]Our sport is tarnished, but maybe if people like Kimmage had the balls to ask questions of other athletes whom he has access to, we wouldn't be seen as the pariahs of the sporting world. Unless of course he just goes after the easy target because it'sa good earner of course......

His have drooped. Your Drawls aint bopped which brings out the need to high pitchedly prove otherwise, entertaining.

Good bye Colin, diaspore up your nearest orifice.

It's interesting that my collection of fleaing yo-yos should choose this guy(Kimmage) as their playground. If you had half a brain you would be able to calculate that I dragged nothing up but you haven't, so your particular crisis will run and run, bit like washing machine cycles , never knowing what might happen but knowing you wont come clean, powder helps. Armstrong might be able to learn from your pre dickI I meant

Desperation is more your territory, go back and read the book, go back and read the book, back back back and read ,back back read read read. write a book about not being able to read a book, yeah that a good idea.
  • colint
    colint Posts: 1,707
    Wow, a touch more water with it this early in the day I'd suggest.

That's all from me, I don't like to feed trolls, they become fat and cumbersome
    Planet X N2A
    Trek Cobia 29er
  • don key
    Don Key has left the building and has been banned. [Admin]
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    don key wrote:

You suggest what ever you like yo yo while your wet blanket drips dry but never quite makes it. All from you ceased before this particularly slack period, what you do with your cucumber some is for a different site me thinks, slice them first , that way the temtation is anulled by modern glues limitations.

and this year's 'pointless troll of the year' award goes to.......
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    don key wrote:
    I find it hard to believe he ever said anything comprehensible enough to get banned !!
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Maybe the admins took offence to his "mediocre A-level student tries to imitate Joyce" schtick...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • mercsport
    mercsport Posts: 664
    don key wrote:

I'll miss the lad . :(

Although I quite often struggled with what he was 'getting at' , he liked words and his writing was always enjoyable and quite inventive . Reminded me a lot , not of Joyce ,but of some of the 'Beats' of my youth .

Of course I wonder what it was he wrote that got him 'trammed' from here ? Was it
    getting too personal ?

Well , I wish him well , and hope he enjoys the rest of 'Le Tour' , which appeared to spring to life today . :)
    "Lick My Decals Off, Baby"
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    mercsport wrote:

Although I quite often struggled with what he was 'getting at' , he liked words and his writing was always enjoyable and quite inventive . Reminded me a lot , not of Joyce ,but of some of the 'Beats' of my youth .

the guy was a troll - nothing more. He was typing way above his level of intellect and it showed.....
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    rockmount wrote:
    don key wrote:
    I find it hard to believe he ever said anything comprehensible enough to get banned !!

Damn. You beat me to it.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mercsport
    mercsport Posts: 664
    softlad wrote:
    mercsport wrote:

the guy was a troll - nothing more. He was typing way above his level of intellect and it showed.....

Oh , I thought he was more than a troll of course , but , aye , maybe you're right . Still , he made the effort to be inventive and showed up how pedestrian most of us articulate and think with his , seemingly , acid-fuelled ramblings ( must we all write like accountants might write ? ).

Pity he p ' d off 'Admin' on here , I 'm pretty sure he wasn't a bad lad . 8)
    "Lick My Decals Off, Baby"