RP Training Group Ride: Sat 13th / Sun 14th

124»

Comments

• Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    Entry closes Monday - I think I'm going to do it... :shock:
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    yep, entry closes on monday 22nd. It's £40 but seems to be quite well supported and catered for.

If you can't get the whole route then there are some bail options to do the midi route at 100miles.

mega:
    http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Da ... 2009-Route

midi:
    http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Da ... 2009-route

mini:
    http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Da ... 2009-Route

you know you want to...!!! :twisted:
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • Myk-ee
    Felgen wrote:
    Oh and myk-ee that Dave Lloyd thing looks pretty hardcore

Anyway Felgen - I thought you were pretty hardcore?? :P
  • I've got my heart and mind set on the Quebrantahuesos
    Rich-T: Merida dates for 2009 are out now as well. Will probably do the Ruthin 75/100km MTB in September and maybe one other - probably shouldn't discuss on this road forum!
  • Rich-Ti
    Myk-ee wrote:
    Just entered... feck. :shock:
  • Myk-ee
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Myk-ee wrote:
    Just entered... feck. :shock:

I love it! better start training.. :lol:
  • Myk-ee
    Rich-Ti wrote:

Hey Rich, is it worth creating one 'RPCC Training Group' thread so we can always go back to same thread instead of creating new ones every week?

Makes it more fun when we go off topic too...
  • Rich-Ti
    I'm happy to play it any which way - just felt that keeping them separate allowed for more control over ride planning each weekend! 8)

I guess I was being selfish - I get email responses so just click on the link in the email or go straight to the thread each time. That means it doesn't matter for me how many threads there are :roll: :oops:
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    It would then go on forever - feck that. :roll:

Wheels are definitely in motion for the spanish ride. Dr Platt, read your emails as you will have a few messages to digest :D .

The long grazed legged one
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The emu
    Saw the Giro last year and rode around Lombardia, Como and climbed the Mortirolo in the Dollys.

Awesome!

If you can muster up some mates would recommend saving your cash, get a garmin, plan your routes and doing the rides yourself.

Its all about the freedom 8)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Rich-Ti
    The emu wrote:
    If you can muster up some mates would recommend saving your cash, get a garmin, plan your routes and doing the rides yourself.

I kinda need the organised event to keep up the motivation on the training :roll: :oops: :lol:
  • The emu
    phips wrote:
    The emu wrote:
    Saw the Giro last year and rode around Lombardia, Como and climbed the Mortirolo in the Dollys.

Awesome!

Ooo, I'm jealous, that sounds like it was a fab trip. What was the Mortirolo like Wilf?
    The emu wrote:

Could also be a sensible plan. You up for it? ;-)

Love Italy and the italians, would be back there in a flash.

Wouldn't mind doing the Gavia.

Mortirolo is a killer, is literally a goat track of a climb not designed for bikes or cars. One ramp was so steep I could only get half way up it (the ramp, not the climb) before getting off and walking - because my seat was too high I couldn't keep the front wheel on the ground when saddled, and could only stand up for so long.

Heres a good and pretty accurate account of things - http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=3699, I rode up it 2 days before the Giro and there were already campers and shops up the top like in the photo. Would love to camp up there with a van and mingle with them on race day.