SCR Article in the London Paper

Comments

• Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    Just nipped out to grab a copy and there's no story today.

Maybe tomorrow?
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • The suspense is killing me... :D
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    DEVIL-MAY-CARE BIKE PSYCHOS ARE WORSE THAN IMMIGRANT PAEDOS report on page 5
  • ARGH!!!!! **runs off to FB to message Kevin AGAIN.........**
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Still NOTHING today either, although whilst looking through the e-edition I did discover the "search" feature which also allows you to setup monitors :-)

So now each day at 4pm I will be told if "cycling" is mentioned in the paper at all.......lets hope it's out by Friday!!!!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Did you hear back from Kevin?

I'm beginning to wonder if this has been axed...
  • All I got back was an "I know, it's frustrating for all of us"
    Guess it's just a waiting game now tho - as soon as my monitor on the paper picks it up I'll post back on here tho :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • It's especially frustrating for him as I doubt he gets paid unless it's printed!
  • If he wants to get it published he'll need to spice it up a bit.... allycat racers putting lives at risk; that kind of thing. :wink:
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    PBR's probably snatched a whole load of pages – potentially dangerous illegal street racing is fairly non-time sensitive, they'll run it when they have a slow news day i reckon. :)

i still maintain there is no way that a tabloid will run this as a positive or indeed balanced story. no way on earth, my friends...
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Personally I hope it doesn't get published. I'd rather all this was kept amongst ourselves. I do not trust journalists, especially ones that write for rags like the london paper. Grabbed a copy on Monday on my way back from Euston - utter garbage from cover to cover.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I can see this becoming a what paper do you read and why?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Littigator
    I don;t read a paper I think they're all rags for the most part. I buy the Sunday Times to read the few sections that I like whilst lazing about on a Sunday, other than that I get my news from the BBC website

Like this for example

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7750004.stm

• Littigator wrote:
    I don;t read a paper I think they're all rags for the most part. I buy the Sunday Times to read the few sections that I like whilst lazing about on a Sunday, other than that I get my news from the BBC website

Like this for example

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7750004.stm

+1 on the sunday times and BBC news site. I don't read a paper in the week because ofthe doom and gloom daily-mail-ness of most of them. If I'm travelling I get the Guardian and the Times for the crosswords in the T2/G2, and teh occasional interesting articles.

Interesting article BTW!
  • DonDaddyD
    I read the Metro (so I have things to talk about in the Morning) and The Sun, yes the working class paper! :wink:

I read The Sun for the Sport pages, Striker and Dear Deidre - which is always awesome.

I read up on actual news via BBC news and other such websites.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    When I lived in chavdom with my ex-husband I read the Sun, when I grew up I read The Times, now I don't have time to read a daily paper so read The Week - best/worst bits of all publications.

What was that about this thread becoming a 'what paper do you read' thread... :oops:
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • biondino
    Guardian and Observer though only on the weekend, since I'm either on my bike or I'm reading books and scripts for work during the week. I quite like the Times but I don't agree with much of it politically.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Times/Guardian - I like to get both views politically.

Oh and the Independent for a laugh - usually at their frantic "Will someone please think of the children" style headlines or "top 10 organic turnips" type articles.
  • DonDaddyD
    I need to read a more sophisticated newspaper...

I'll give the Times, Guardian, Observer or Daily Mail a go.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Littigator
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I sincerely hope you mean that in jest!

• DonDaddyD
    Littigator wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Er, yes, yes I do...

I have my own issues with the Daily Mail, what are your issues?
    Food Chain number = 4

• I hate pretty much all national (UK) newspapers. I have a look at the occasional copy of the Western Mail (Wales) or Daily Post (North Wales and Livepool), but don't go out to buy them.

I will buy a copy of Le Monde when I see one (usually when I'm in Cardiff), to brush up on my French reading skills, and see a continental lilt on current affairs. When I'm in Canada, I read the Toronto Star almost daily.
  • biondino
    The Daily Mail incites fear, hatred, suspicion and bigotry. Every headline, every article is intentionally designed to take the insecurities and irrationalities of weak, stupid people and magnify them to a grotesque but potent parody of themselves, creating an unthinking army of soulless, selfish imbeciles whose only joy is to hate.
  • DonDaddyD
    edited November 2008
    biondino wrote:
    The Daily Mail incites fear, hatred, suspicion and bigotry. Every headline, every article is intentionally designed to take the insecurities and irrationalities of weak, stupid people and magnify them to a grotesque but potent parody of themselves, creating an unthinking army of soulless, selfish imbeciles whose only joy is to hate.

I agree, I also agree that most newspapers do this. To varying degrees though. Most news is a matter of perspective. I tend to form my own oppinion based on the facts coupled with my own sense of ethics and values etc.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Littigator
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Littigator wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Er, yes, yes I do...

I have my own issues with the Daily Mail, what are your issues?

Bout the same as Biondino's by the looks of things :lol:

• biondino
    I tend to form my own oppinion based on the facts

And you get your facts where?
  • DonDaddyD
    biondino wrote:
    I tend to form my own oppinion based on the facts

And you get your facts where?

This is one of those questions that if I answer could and is likely to end up all zen like, questioning the nature of a fact and coming to a conclusion that everything is both a lie and truth defined by what you believe... :shock:

So here goes:

Ooooo would you look at the time!!!

<< Leaves! >>
    Food Chain number = 4

• linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    sometimes I read the Beano :D
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • Just got an e-mail alert for cycling in "The London Paper".........................

Page 4 of todays issue.............

"Cyclist beat Met Police!"

No, it's not about the scalping antics of the pigs on two wheels but a story about the Critical Mass winning a landmark court case, so it appears all those that like annoying drivers of a Friday night can carry on doing so :-) Funniy enough the CM ride is the same day as our party.......scalpfest anyone :twisted:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    Hi,
    If anyone's looking for a decent newspaper, can I put in a plug for The Economist. It's weekly but well written, well informed and has good international coverage. It's also relatively easy to carry on a bike...

Cheers,
    W.