SCR Article in the London Paper

Comments

• itboffin wrote:
    Lets all hope the coverage is not too negative, as I'm sure the nice people of bikeradar.com would not want to be associated with an illegal racing scene.
    At least we're not lowering our frames, installing underlighting, and injecting nitrous oxide in our legs. We do, however, have the lovely ladies. :)

There's ladies in the car scene to, unfortunately I think the likes of Max Power mislead us into believing that they are all sexy bikini clad lovelies!
    Yes. What I meant to say was that we have the lovely ladies as well.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    itboffin wrote:
    Lets all hope the coverage is not too negative, as I'm sure the nice people of bikeradar.com would not want to be associated with an illegal racing scene.
    At least we're not lowering our frames, installing underlighting, and injecting nitrous oxide in our legs. We do, however, have the lovely ladies. :)

There's ladies in the car scene to, unfortunately I think the likes of Max Power mislead us into believing that they are all sexy bikini clad lovelies!

There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power way, it's like the wrong way but faster :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    So has nobody actually seen today's London Paper?
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    It's not out yet, usually mid afternoon around 4
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Attica wrote:
    So has nobody actually seen today's London Paper?

No! I've asked my GF to pick a copy up, but I guess that's not the same as me seeing it.

The London Paper is usually handed out after work though, surely?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    It's available from about now onwards. Certainly from 3 onwards.
  • Belv
    Belv Posts: 866
    Clever Pun wrote:
    There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power way, it's like the wrong way but faster :lol:
    Homer Simpson, what would we do without you?! :D
  • Coriander wrote:
    It's available from about now onwards. Certainly from 3 onwards.

Hmm, I might go for a quick walkies.....it's rather quiet here and if I mention something about "going to look at a PC" I could disappear for 30 minutes or so :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    The silence is deafening....
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • Littigator
    Hang on...I'll pop out again. Give me 5 mins

• I HAVE A COPY!!!!!!

But can't see the story :-(
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Just message Mr Braddock, it''s been put back to Monday.........
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Littigator
    Booo! Oh well never mind :)

• Never mind!!! It was bad enough having to wait since Monday, now it's another 3 days including the weekend!

Guess I should pester my manager to find where I'm based.......
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    It can't be that hot if its been pushed back for some more interesting news, like some WAGs new hairstyle or some other such nonsense
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • Wrath Rob wrote:
    It can't be that hot if its been pushed back for some more interesting news, like some WAGs new hairstyle or some other such nonsense

The Welsh Assembly Government with a new hairstyle? Surely not!

Rhodri_Morgan.jpg
  • did you google image search WAG new hairstyle?? :lol:
  • did you google image search WAG new hairstyle?? :lol:
    No, I went straight for a picture of Rhodri Morgan, on account of his somewhat unruly hair. :oops:

If any of you London types don't know who he is, I'd like you to write a letter to the BBC to complain that their news coverage from the nations is still atrocious, 'cause he's been the First Minister for Wales for the past eight years.
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Pink and red in the same outfit, he deserves not one second in the national news!!!
    :wink:
  • No, I went straight for a picture of Rhodri Morgan, on account of his somewhat unruly hair. :oops:

If any of you London types don't know who he is, I'd like you to write a letter to the BBC to complain that their news coverage from the nations is still atrocious, 'cause he's been the First Minister for Wales for the past eight years.

Where's that then? :P
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    I thought I'd seen a write up of the Game once before can't remember how long ago this was written but it pretty much sums up the SCR, could do more to explain the safety rules but anyways.

http://www.citycycling.co.uk/issue25/issue25page15.html
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    did you google image search WAG new hairstyle?? :lol:
    No, I went straight for a picture of Rhodri Morgan, on account of his somewhat unruly hair. :oops:

Why should we in London get news coverage of some remote province.

We want relevant news such as what's happening on I'm a Celebrity or why John Sergeant has been kicked off (sorry resigned from) Strictly Come Dancing
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Littigator
    itboffin wrote:
    I thought I'd seen a write up of the Game once before can't remember how long ago this was written but it pretty much sums up the SCR, could do more to explain the safety rules but anyways.

http://www.citycycling.co.uk/issue25/issue25page15.html

Aaarggh they've stolen our Game!

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    The link in the BR article points to page 1 of the SCR thread!!!!!!!!!
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    They could have had the courtesy to inform us diehards that they were going to do it. Not that they have to its their site (please don't ban me) but still a heads up on "we're about to make you famous" would have been nice!!!

Either way thank you Bike Radar for the acknowledgement!!!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • I say "about bl00dy" time! I mean one of the sysadmins must be sitting there watching the SCR thread balloon and they've probably had to upgrade the servers just to cope with the extra load :-D

Anyhow anybody up in town has approximately one hour (by my reckoning) before they can get their mits on a copy of The London Paper so I'll be expecting a report about 15:45 (the time I got back from my "break" on Friday)

In the meantime I'm gonna check the website again.........
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Littigator
    Well I would've popped out onto Oxford Street to grab a copy by now only we've been told to stay in the building as the building two doors down is about to collapse!!!

Everyone nearer to it has been evacuated,.....but not us...damn my luck!

Can anyone else get a copy?

• Oooooooh exciting, which building's that?

I can see where on HSK the guy usually hangs out with them and he ain't there yet... website?
  • Just flicked through the e-newspaper on their website, and it ain't in there...