RP Training group ride 22nd/23rd Nov?

124»

Comments

• felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Myk-ee wrote:
    Was a good day out, I've only just recovered. Thanks for the cuppa phips.

It's looking like I'll be around next weekend, so lets arrange for something later in the week.

Think I might need to get that new bike...

Hmm I liked your bike - its nice to see something 'well loved' as you put it still getting good use, and you were able to hammer along quite happily on it.... For the new bike are you thinking quality and craftmanship, or a featherlight stiff-as-you-like carbon beast?!

p.s. My brother in law is going to make a guest apearance (he doesn't know this yet! :twisted:) in December, but does anyone know a good place to rent a bike. I only know Tri and Run....
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • felgen
    phips wrote:
    felgen wrote:
    p.s. My brother in law is going to make a guest apearance (he doesn't know this yet! :twisted:) in December, but does anyone know a good place to rent a bike. I only know Tri and Run....

I've got a fixer he can borrow ;-)

lol that could be fun, but he quite a competitive type, so prob needs a geared bike to make it 'fair' I have told him he has been entered in to the Hillingdon Winter series - se he's training like a nutter :twisted:
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    Hmm I liked your bike - its nice to see something 'well loved' as you put it still getting good use, and you were able to hammer along quite happily on it.... For the new bike are you thinking quality and craftmanship, or a featherlight stiff-as-you-like carbon beast?!

Is well loved also well heavy. New bike would have to be a carbon beast. Mmmmm.... carbon!
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • Myk-ee
    still new to forums, how do you quote someone?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Myk-ee
    Lets try:
    phips wrote:
    Hit the 'quote' button and leave the words in between the
  • Myk-ee
    [phips] Hit the 'quote' button a [/phips]
  • Myk-ee wrote:
    Lets try:
    phips wrote:

I think you have to have the brackets right next to the letters you use?
  • felgen
    Myk-ee wrote:
    Lets try:
    phips wrote:

PMSL - anyway I am sure you will get the hang of it! If you keep riding with us, you will keep having to post in this thread!
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    Well in time honoured tradition it was cold, wet and miserable yet I yearned for some hills so decided it would be a good idea to head off to the North Downs today.......and loved it....aaah the Serenity. :D

Headed out via the normal route - the rain slowly got heavier and as I was approaching the turn off for Leith Hill it was bucketing down so thought the better of taking it on and went straight ahead to Ranmore Common.

JackalP, were you and or your mates out today as I zoomed passed a group of stationary riders at the LH turnoff, and it looked like them?

Set the timer at the base of Box Hill and clocked in up the top at 8:55 which is a best time for me so pretty happy about that.

In saying all this,is it too much to ask for one dry day in winter over here as washing my bike in the bathroom after every ride is getting a bit tedious and my brake pads are getting destroyed. :roll:

So, who's up for next week? :wink:

The long grazed legged one
  • felgen
    I didnt make it out at all this weekend. Probably for the best as I have had a sore throat for days which has finally properly kicked in, and I just horribly overslept on saturday morning and had a huge lie-in on sunday too. Good on you for getting out, but it was a little wet.

Hopefully I have recuperated properly by next weekend, though I don't know about either racing, or having a run out to somewhere.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347

The long grazed legged one