RP Training group ride 22nd/23rd Nov?

Rich-Ti
Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
With this weekend looking like a non-starter I don't want to lose momentum on this! :twisted:

So, next verse, same as the first... time & day TBC (we'll see what the poll produces in terms of day preference, then sort a time between us), meeting at Richmond Gate, Richmond Park :P

I'm happy to go along with another Surrey Hills route (I'm going to plot a few this week that I've seen elsewhere which look nice and interesting, slightly different from the 'usual' one that's been running to date), or as mentioned before I'm prepared to try and plot something Windsor-based, maybe to include a lap or two of the Hillingdon circuit for those of us planning to do the Imperial Winter Series 8)

Poll options included as ever - let's hope the extra time will allow for some negotiations to conclude for those of you with other halves and family commitments to consider! :wink::lol:

As yet I have no plans so either day works... I am likely to be out on the lash either Fri night or Sat night, but I plan to work that around this rather than letting my hangover dictate my plans! :roll: :lol:

Comments

• Rich-Ti
    Oh, just a thought - as the time always seems to be 8am or 9am why don't we compromise and target 8:30am regardless? :shock:
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    edited November 2008
    Hmm, interesting options regarding route Rich. I popped off a couple of laps of the Hillingdon circuit as I had to go out to Hillingdon this afternoon. Its a lovely smooth surface, so I am quite keen to have a proper go now!
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • 22nd is a no go for me, 23rd possible.
    I think 8.30am is a good compromise - 8 was a bit of a struggle last week for some of us - no names being singled out but let's just say his race card read DNF :P
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    early bird catches the worm and all that.... In summer I'll be pushing for 6 am starts. :D

Just found out I cant make next weekend due to work function at Milton Keynes.

The long grazed legged one
  • Rich-Ti
    Just noticed the Sunday Windsor poll option didn't save :oops: :roll:
  • felgen
    22nd is a no go for me, 23rd possible.
    I think 8.30am is a good compromise - 8 was a bit of a struggle last week for some of us - no names being singled out but let's just say his race card read DNF :P

ooooooh, nasty. Gloves are off -next time up Box Hill, you are spewing :D
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • I can only make the saturday and it would have to be early.

Not too bothered on a destination.
    https://www.bikeauthority.cc/
    IG - bikeauthority.cc
  • Can anyone join in fella's!?!?!
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • felgen
    Can anyone join in fella's!?!?!
    Yeah, of course! :D. Watch this thread for details of where we end up going - usually Surrey Hills
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    I'm still good for Sat and / or Sun, just waiting to see what the general preference is and then I'll plan my weekend around it 8)
  • Rich-Ti
    Actually I've plumped for Sat am Surrey Hills - I'll post some route options early next week
  • felgen
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Actually I've plumped for Sat am Surrey Hills - I'll post some route options early next week

I'll just do what everyone else wants to do, though not getting to ride this weekend (well apart from commuting) means I will be champing at the bit by next weekend, so the earlier I get it out of my system the better... Sat am for me on that basis.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Cheers, I'm a bit out of practice at the moment due to an injury but I've just had a few steroid/cortisone jabs and I'm feeling like a new man so I'm going to do my upmost best to get on the turbo this week, get the legs spinning and join you lads next week...please take it easy on me!?!?!?! :oops:
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • Rich-Ti
    please take it easy on me!?!?!?! :oops:
    Don't worry, we're not quick enough to worry anybody just yet, and we'd always wait for any slower riders anyway 8)

Had planned a total of 230k this weekend - stuck to yesterday's plan for 100k and did it in less than 4hrs which I was over the moon about! Unfortunately at about 45k today it started belting with rain, and at 52k my route neatly slipped into Haywards Heath... which is about where I bailed and jumped on the train! :oops: :roll: :lol:

Hoping to post some North Downs route options tonight or tomorrow so watch this space...
  • felgen
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Unfortunately at about 45k today it started belting with rain, and at 52k my route neatly slipped into Haywards Heath... which is about where I bailed and jumped on the train! :oops: :roll: :lol:
    Hmm, not ideal I'm sure you gave the wheels a damn good clean when you got back. My rain and thermal booties have arrived, so I will be impervious to all that sort of nonsense, however my lack of cycling gear is starting to show as what I do have is getting over-used.
    Cheers, I'm a bit out of practice at the moment due to an injury but I've just had a few steroid/cortisone jabs and I'm feeling like a new man so I'm going to do my upmost best to get on the turbo this week, get the legs spinning and join you lads next week...please take it easy on me!?!?!?!
    I see what nice wheels you ride, so I am sure that will help you to fly along come the weekend.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    Richmond Gate for 8:30 is it?

--Mark
    That'll do nicely Mark 8)

Here's a couple of routes to ponder:

61 Miles 'Out n back'
    56 & Hilly

Gonna plot one more then we can pick from the 3 if everyone is cool with that? :?
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    Is there car parking at Richmond Gate? That's not the gate with the cafe, is it? I live in North London, and could ride down I guess, but it's 45 minutes and I'll burn too much of the three tonnes of porridge I'll have eaten for breakfast ;)
    I think there's parking just down from Richmond Gate at the Lodge? I don't drive at the moment so couldn't tell you I'm afraid!

Here's the other route I wanted to plot: 73.5 mile Peaslake-Rusper - I like the look of this one, but at the same time I could do with being back at a decent time... :?

Happy with any of these, or to stick with the usual though - I'm happy to go with the flow 8)

(and I can't take the credit for these routes either - been meaning to plot them for a while as they're borrowed from the Kingston Wheelers ride pages, but I can't seem to download them as .gpx from their site... not that I can get any routes loaded into my Edge at the moment anyway! :roll: :evil: )
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,845
    go different routes... mix it up a bit... get used to being not used to where the ride takes it out of you and how hard it feels

and how much you have left in the tank

venture into the unknown
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Rich-Ti
    venture into the unknown
    Wise words - was great fun doing exactly that this weekend having been unable to plot my routes south (and return route) into my Garmin!

I needed to go south, had a rough idea where I was headed - as long as the arrow pointed roughly south I was going in the right direction 8)
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    OK, no worries. Overground goes from near me to Richmond in 30 minutes - gets in at 8:24. So if you don't mind waiting till 8:35 I could always do that. I'll confirm all by Friday anyway :)
    I don't have a problem with that. Can you get the overground to Mortlake? Only ask as it might be quicker (and flatter) up to Richmond Gate from there :?
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    phips wrote:
    Richmond Gate for 8:30 is it?

--Mark
    That'll do nicely Mark 8)

Here's a couple of routes to ponder:

61 Miles 'Out n back'
    56 & Hilly

Gonna plot one more then we can pick from the 3 if everyone is cool with that? :?

What...only 56 miles? :wink:

I couild be a late entrant - just waiting to hear whether I can pull out of the work event on Satruday

The long grazed legged one
  • Rich-Ti
    As mentioned above Wilf, I'm happy to do the 73.5 miler if you'd prefer! Would be good to have some of my Saturday left after the ride though! :roll: :lol:
  • felgen
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    I don't have a problem with that. Can you get the overground to Mortlake? Only ask as it might be quicker (and flatter) up to Richmond Gate from there :?

I think he is going to take the North London line Rich so that only goes to Richmond Besides, by the time he has climbed Star and Garter hill in 9 minutes (allowing 1 minute to get out of the station) I am sure he will have blown out the cobwebs and his heart rate will have risen nicely ;)

I am now doubtful for Saturday morning, as I might have to attend to 'Landlord Duties' unless of course anyone wants to do an out and back to Henley-on-Thames? Also I still dont have the replacement rear mech hanger to replace the one I customised on the last RPCC outing resulting in my DNF (have ordered a spare for the saddle bag, just in case ;) so technically I am without a bike to ride, unless I come on my slicked MTB which would be a serious workout!!
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    felgen wrote:
    unless of course anyone wants to do an out and back to Henley-on-Thames?
    Not to be ruled out - let us know if and when your mech hanger arrives 8)
  • felgen
    phips wrote:
    felgen wrote:
    Rich-Ti wrote:

I think he is going to take the North London line Rich so that only goes to Richmond Besides, by the time he has climbed Star and Garter hill in 9 minutes (allowing 1 minute to get out of the station) I am sure he will have blown out the cobwebs and his heart rate will have risen nicely ;)

Yup, that's the kiddie (it's the London Overground these days, I think).

Is it a bit of a slope from the station up to Richmond Gate then? I can't remember what it's like :) Although I do remember the road from Priory Lane entrance inside the park.

well, on the map it says 1.3 miles, with 37 metres of vetical climb. I think 10 minutes is more than adequate :D. P.s. dont we do over 1000M of climbing on the route in total. In which case station to RIchmond gate is a mere warm-up amble!
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Naz
    Naz Posts: 353
    (and I can't take the credit for these routes either - been meaning to plot them for a while as they're borrowed from the Kingston Wheelers ride pages, but I can't seem to download them as .gpx from their site... not that I can get any routes loaded into my Edge at the moment anyway!

I thought I recognised the routes ! Seriously though guys, you seem obsessed with plotting routes and having everything pre-arranged in advance. Why don't you try exploring a few routes of your own, or join us for a club run and meet some like minded riders who can show you around the Surrey lanes.

Naz
    Kingston Wheelers TT secretary / route plotter