Today I will be mostly eating....

Comments

• Don't eat breakfast before going to work on the bike. Never really that hungry till 12.00
    I do have a cup of tea with 2 sugars in before i leave the house though.

Have loads of enery to cycle as well, Feel slow if i eat in the morning and sick, Digestion process uses up loads of energy.
    Even race at the track on an empty stomach and win races as well!

I do think the meal the night before is more important for energy.

'Digestion time varies depending on the individual. For healthy adults, it's usually between 24 and 72 hours. After you eat, it takes about six to eight hours for food to pass through your stomach and small intestine. Food then enters your large intestine (colon) for further digestion and absorption of water. Elimination of undigested food residue through the large intestine usually begins after 24 hours. Complete elimination from the body may take several days.'
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Today I had:

Breakfast
    a nut filled cereal of some kind (I'm told its healthy) mixed with yoghurt (not milk)

Lunch
    Peanut butter and jelly sandwich
    Ham, cheese and colslaw sandwich
    satsuma
    banana

Dinner
    I asked my GF and she moaned at me so I threatened her with my 'barefoot and pregnant' rant.

Yesterday's dinner was potatoes, tomatoes and haddock with some herds and chili on the top.

Me I'm real healthy.

Edit: I think I'm having Spag-bol tonight.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Fell of the healthy smug wagon today:

2 oatabix and a banana for brekkie
    1/2 a Rosemary and seasalt foccacia (from Borough market) Lunch :shock:
    1/2 a chilli and corianderfoccacia (from Borough market) Lunch :shock:
    Tomato and meatball soup Lunch
    Chocolate brownie with white choccy chunks (from Borough market) Lunch :shock:

Going to see Watchmen tonight so will prob have a Nando's first and then sit on my arse for nearly 3 hours!

Oh well, at least I'll be riding on sat and sunday.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    To add to my bacon sandwich, a small bowl of pasta, 2 cups of black coffee, and a lot of grapes!

It's going well, but I am planning to drink beer this evening. :oops:
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Brekkie

3 scrambled eggs on wholemeal toast with oj and a multi vit

at work
    coffee (yay for cafetiere mugs!)
    apple
    coffee
    lots of water

Lunch
    ham cheese and mayo sarnie with cheesy wotsits 8)
    grapes

went for a walk and drifted past a place doing sausage baguettes for 99p :shock:
    went to my old office they had free crisps

back at work - a ton of jelly babies bought for commuting (nearly all gone :? )

I have no idea whats for dinner but it will be followed by coffe pannacotta and wine yum :P

I love excersise me
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Day off for me and have been very busy fabricating secure bars and fitting locks on the back door. So only had 1 coffee, 3 of Mr Artois's finest and a Sodebo ham & cheese thin crust pizza.
    Later on will be a chicken dinner with a woodland fruit strudel pudding!
    no doubt more bottles of Belgiums finest, lol.
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    A breakthrough today, only one piece of cake so far :shock:

So far
    2 slices of toast
    2 clementines
    1 avocado
    4 finger kitkat
    2 lemsips (MTFU, I know :roll: )
    1 green tea
    1 large expresso with 2 sugers
    1 M&S smoked salmon salad
    1 portion M&S carrot cake

cripes that still looks bad, and I'm not riding today due to a slight sniffle (raging man cold), I've still got dinner to go when I get home, a bottle of red and pringles.

Add in to that several lemon, whisky and honey hot toddies to counter the man cold. The only decision is do I use the 10 year old Glenfiddich, or the 15 year old Dalwhinnie
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    2 large jugs of coffee
    2 glasses of OJ
    dinner plate full of toast & marmite
    large jacket potato with chilli & sweetcorn
    jug of coffee
    bananananana
    fish finger sandwich with baked beans

I can't wait for dinner i'm starving :shock:

Edit: another fish finger sandwich on the way :D
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    This certainly is a good thread:

On my head injury theme - I had two sardine and tomato sarnies for breakfast (fish oils are good for head injuries) followed by a banana, an orange and an apple. I think I may wander around the corner to my local (cafe) and enjoy a good cup of coffee. From here on, who know? Maybe a tuna/mayo sandwich, and some grilled trout for dins? :)
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    After stepping onto the scales this morning, it's bananas for breakfast and soup for lunch (with no bread) for a while. :?

Tonight: salmon and rabbit food/foliage.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    home made Thai red curry & rice
    2 bottles of red
    m&m's
    yoghurt & oat cakes

:roll:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    Fizzy haribo sweets, thanks wiggle :D
  • Rich158
    Three weetabix, a banana, an orange, a dirty great plate of noodles, a twirl,

and cake :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • il_principe
    Granola, yog and oats.
    Coffee
    Chicken and tomato soup.
    Chilli for dinner.
  • Rich158
    And more cake :shock: :shock: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Revised FCN - 2
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    bran for breakfast, then seeded campange bread with ribblesdale smoked goats cheese and spicy tomato and sultana chutney.

All organic... :roll:
  • itboffin
    bran for breakfast, then seeded Campagnolo bread with ribblesdale smoked goats cheese and spicy tomato and Shimano chutney.

All organic... :roll:

fixed that for you :D
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Scone for Breakfast
    Sushi for Lunch

A battle between a chicken sandwich and a filthy dirty take away curry tonight....

There's a bottle of 6 X that's calling to me as well.

I've got a wedding to go to tomorrow so really tonight is the start of the weekend and you can eat anything you want on Friday night. FACT.

Just before rent-a-mob objects to me eating foreign food for lunch in my defence I am currently p[retending to be that old Japanese guy from the Karate Kid as part of my inner spiritual development.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • DonDaddyD
    Today:

Lunch

Ham and Cheese sandwich, Banana, Orange and Yoghurt.

Dinner

At the time of writing this post. The girlfriend and I are currently arguing over whether I need a Kuota Karma/Argon 18 Krypton/Carbon Fibre bike.

I don't expect to be allowed in the Kitchen today... :cry:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • itboffin
    edited March 2009
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Today:

Lunch

Dinner

At the time of writing this post. The girlfriend and I are currently arguing over whether I need a Kuota Karma/Argon 18 Krypton/Carbon Fibre bike.

Buy the bike then choosing what to eat won't be a problem as you won't have any money :lol:
  • il_principe
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Today:

Lunch

Dinner

@ DDD's GF.

HE NEEDS A CF BIKE. IN FACT SO DO YOU.

Fitter, faster, happier.
  • lost_in_thought
    Breakfast - giant Radisson Buffet.

Nothing else yet. Not hungry. At all. :shock:
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    Business travel is the scourge of diets. Mmmmm breakfast buffets....
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • itboffin
    All you can eat buffet, it's like a challenge :lol:
  • lost_in_thought
    Feltup wrote:

It really bloomin' is. I've been away 4 days, eating like it's going out of fashion. Stupid business.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Feltup wrote:

They're brilliant. Somewhere, I have a photo of my first course for one breakfast in Canada in December.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Feltup
    My mate and I have always said "fat is fast" but that really only applies to gravity sports!

Felt F55 - 2007
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
  • lost_in_thought
    Feltup wrote:
    My mate and I have always said "fat is fast" but that really only applies to gravity sports!

Skydiving? I am quick on a snowboard... but nonetheless need to skinny down!
  • Feltup
    Skiing, snowboarding, downhill mtn biking although it also seems to translate across to speed sailing either kitesurfing or windsurfing.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
  • DonDaddyD
    edited March 2009
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Today:

Lunch

Dinner

@ DDD's GF.

HE NEEDS A CF BIKE. IN FACT SO DO YOU.

Fitter, faster, happier.

Argument over.... :shock:

I won't be eating dinner tonight... unless I kill it, skin it and cook it. I won't be getting a bike either unless my employers hurry with cycle scheme (though I want to move on inside 12months) or until August/September (savings projections), which may benefit as that's when bikes start getting discounted. "But I want a bike for this summer!"

I may starve myself until she gives in and allows me to buy a bike. (Buying a bike limits this years holiday options...)

It's just not fair
    Food Chain number = 4