Today I will be mostly eating....

Comments

• Started well with porridge this morning, then went off track a bit with chips, chocolate & banana cake for lunch :oops:

Now just waiting for the coq au vin to finish in the slow cooker, with a nice glass of red to warm me up :)
    FCN 10
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Excellent banana cake, Pigeon - went home to venison steaks and mash in port sauce followed by Mrs JW's famous apple crumble and cream - damn - there goes the waistline :wink:
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,061
    Excellent banana cake, Pigeon - went home to venison steaks and mash in port sauce followed by Mrs JW's famous apple crumble and cream - damn - there goes the waistline :wink:

Now THAT is why we do these crazy things :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    Just had a creamy risotto with stilton cheese and salad very nice.

Currently typing one handed with a can of Carling in the other.

Carling - probably the best recovery drink in the World.

What's for afters?

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    Excellent banana cake, Pigeon:

+1

Got home for American Hot pizza and beer, I might just have a cheeky mince pie as "supper"
    Misguided Idealist
  • amnezia
    amnezia Posts: 590
    Home-made mackerel sushi!

where did you get the mackerel from for sushi??
  • amnezia wrote:
    Home-made mackerel sushi!

where did you get the mackerel from for sushi??

I cheated and used hot-smoked mackerel, but a good fishmonger (ie not a supermarket) should have sushi-grade fish.
  • itboffin
    Hamsters eat roast beef, don't they?

well they seem too :lol:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    Eating is cheating, look what I found in the cupboard
    7a213a1af0634b2b83b389bf082e825a.jpg

:lol:
  • double sausage and egg butty - red sauce
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Soup and bread.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Pho. Pho with raw beef. Beeif was good but the rest was deeply unsatisfying. Just proved my suspicion that soup alone is not enough for lunch, even if it has meat and noodles; I'm starving. :(
  • not enough given the complaints my belleh is throwing at me for being empty...It doesn't like being told to shut up and use my spare tyre instead... I'll have to drown it on friday and make it shut up.

• :lol: Always loved that advert.

_47139629_94471499-1.jpg

Mmmmmmmm
  • itboffin
    Right then, Sunday saw a return of the christmas dinner, fully turkey with all the trimmings etc, yummy! and for supper on Sunday I had turkey and stuffing sandwiches which I also had for second lunch (pre home time) snack, having stuffed my face with two bananas mucho mucho coffee and a huge double portion of chicken curry rice & nan.

Topped of with a coke zero for effect :lol:

Evening dinner was two portions of paste and chick pea thingy which was very nice however I am still seriously hungry :roll:

I can def tell i'm back on the long commute.
  • just rode intoday (20miles) and had a lovely protein shake with a banana and 3 weetabix blended into it.

Just what you need as an instant recovery drink.
  • il_principe
    Grilled sardines and (lettuce free) salad last night, I went to bed hungry. Stupid healthy eating.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 28,266
    Bowl of shreddies instead of the usual 3 weetabix, + 3 slices of toast with honey, and a glass of orange juice. The switch to shreddies may go some way to explain my appalling SCR performance this morning. Repeated calls to the engine room were met with silence.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Flageolet bean stew (sooooooo yummy) for lunch and then Jerusalem artichoke rosti for dinner had interesting results at some early hour this morning!!! :shock: :shock:

I seem to have lost 3.5lbs in one day!!

More :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • il_principe
    Nice. That's what a lack of meat will do.

:shock:
  • Homemade marmalade for breakfast.
    Set well - but I shredded the peel too damn fine so was a bit like Golden Shred. But orange. And not so sweet.

Chunky or fine? What's the best?
  • itboffin
    Beer fucking loads of it - you looking at me? i'll smash your face in............

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!
  • itboffin
    Not a lot really apart from sweets and I don't even like sweets, just have this masshoof desire for sugar.
  • itboffin
    I didn't think it was possible but ......

Turkey curry, yes that would be yet more Christmas turkey, that mother fucker must have been bigger than I thought :mrgreen:
  • itboffin
    Last nights left over curry mmmm

Some of us have been up since 2am don't you know :roll:
  • gert_lush
    gert_lush Posts: 634
    pork-pie.jpg

...well it is national pie week this week!!!!!
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Dammit! I'm in bloody Luxembourg on pie week? I want a pie!

Today's free lunch? Salad. Freakin' awesome. NOT.

Saying that, though, I have had very nice free dinners - sushi last night and osso bucco the night before...
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    National Pie Week...

Why can't they organise that to run along with National Ale Week - match made in heaven surely...