Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Missed this. I'm going to the Tate Britain tonight and have an hour to kill before the wife comes into town, so a couple of beers before looking at modern art would go down nicely
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,792
    Let me know when. Off for drinks with some mates. Can swing by.
  • I would've met you but I only saw you last Sun.... Too much of a good thing :wink: Actually I can't make it tonight... Sorry...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Missed this. I'm going to the Tate Britain tonight and have an hour to kill before the wife comes into town, so a couple of beers before looking at modern art would go down nicely
    Doh. Wife got the gallery wrong, its at the Tate Modern so no point heading over to Pimlico. Enjoy!
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    I'm there this evening anyway. Anyone else?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    I would love too but I'm drinking in the Brew Dog pub in Camden tonight.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Depends what time I get home, (thats where the bike is) and if I can put an hour in before I get there legitimately.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    Potentially, the missus wants me out of the house for a few hours anyway. :? What time are people drifting past?

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Bloody people last post 26th Oct.

Ghey all of you, right it practically Friday its a new year and the end of the (payday)

You know the venue, who's in?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • sketchley
    Sorry off the sauce for while..... I could come for a coke though.... depends who else is going
    --
    Chris

• Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    Does this still happen anymore?
  • itboffin
    Sewinman wrote:
    Does this still happen anymore?

Nope, dead!
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cyclingprop
    Morpeth's profits died when ITB became T-Total.
  • itboffin

Actually I did get an email from them yesterday for some such event or another, cant remember what I was very very drunk :roll:
  • cyclingprop
    itboffin wrote:

Actually I did get an email from them yesterday for some such event or another, cant remember what I was very very drunk :roll:

Must train more!
  • sketchley
    Not happened for a while but wait for the better weather in the spring when ITB can start showing off his legs in his best Castelli and I'm sure it'll back on.....
    --
    Chris

• itboffin
    I tried but certain people outted themselves publicly by declaring "i'll have a coke"
  • cyclingprop
    Hahahahahaha
  • **Dusts off BR login**

Had one or two beers at The Cask (great pub) last night which is only a stone's throw from the mighty Morpeth which led me to wonder if the commuting drinks are still going...seems that this thread is still around.

Hopefully the warmer weather is round the corner and if I happen to be in London of an evening, it would be good to catch up with some you folks.

Not sure if anyone did The Lionheart sportive at Longleat last month - Roastie & I did it - it was brutal :shock: - ref: http://www.flickr.com/photos/perspectivesbyme/8642108207/
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    **Dusts off BR login**

Had one or two beers at The Cask (great pub) last night which is only a stone's throw from the mighty Morpeth which led me to wonder if the commuting drinks are still going...seems that this thread is still around.

Hopefully the warmer weather is round the corner and if I happen to be in London of an evening, it would be good to catch up with some you folks.

Not sure if anyone did The Lionheart sportive at Longleat last month - Roastie & I did it - it was brutal :shock: - ref: http://www.flickr.com/photos/perspectivesbyme/8642108207/

The Cask is a fantastic pub, one of the best Ale selections in London. Has a few sister pubs now, one in Leather Lane and one in Brixton.
  • sketchley
    It's been a while since I've seen most you so a Friday beer would be good. I can't do this Friday or next as I'm flying out to Miami on Satruday and only arrive back next friday am. How about Friday 3rd May @ the Cask? Is there bike parking?
    --
    Chris

• itboffin
    Suns out, it's st George's day and I have a free beer voucher, who's in?
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I have an appointment with some Fullers Organic Honey Dew, which has been chilled to the correct temperature.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Totalnewbie
    Totalnewbie Posts: 932
    I saw one of you lot today (CleverPun I think) which made me think of this thread. I'd be up for drinks one Friday, though I do have to cycle over from the badlands of the East these days...
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,792
    Who wants to do this Friday? ?
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Who wants to do this Friday? ?
    Yeah may be...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Said Robinson Crusoe to himself.
  • itboffin
    I saw one of you lot today (CleverPun I think) which made me think of this thread. I'd be up for drinks one Friday, though I do have to cycle over from the badlands of the East these days...

Bloody hell :shock:

Welcome back but seriously we should get this thing going again it used to be a lot of fun back in the day, and there's so much fresh blood now :twisted:
  • cyclingprop
    Can't do this week I'm afraid...
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    itboffin wrote:

Bloody hell :shock:

Welcome back but seriously we should get this thing going again it used to be a lot of fun back in the day, and there's so much fresh blood now :twisted:

Agreed! Brings a tear to my eye.