ohurugu - Rasmussen whats the diff ????

Comments

• ???
    The rider has said that he fed it to the horse in an over the counter preparation called horseycalm or something like that.

:lol: HORSEYCALM??? You gotta be kidding :lol:
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    The product in question is "Equi-Block" and its rubbed on the skin like Deep Heat.

I still prefer "Horseycalm" though :)

(Think you might get a better result sticking an actual chilli up the horse just before jumping.)
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • I think you should copyright HorseyCalm. You could have something there. :lol:
  • The jockey will need some now I suspect
    Dan
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    The jockey will need some now I suspect

Not least when he gets a call from the horse's owner who recently turned down an offer of € 5.5 million Euros for the animal and it's not as if he can send the beast out to stud!
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Interesting concept, people are saying it's cruel to dope the horses. Perhaps it is. But the same goes for humans, after all I doubt Ricco was reading the health warnings on his box of Micera. Some humans might take the decision to cheat, unlike horses who are "forced" to take the doping products. But the humans rarely make up their mind after an informed search for the facts, they are manipulated by doctors, suppliers and managers.
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    I thought Ricco said he had researched the health risks and wouldn't have done it if he'd thought it would cause him harm?
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    SunWuKong wrote:
    The reason for using the chili drug is that it is rubbed on the horses legs so they lift their legs higher
    A bit like Spanish Fly, then?

Ingested, cayenne/chili pepper activates the metabolism, which amongst other things (activating the libido) means it's used in losing-weight diet preparations. For the same reason (activitating the metabolism), it's also used by some sportsmen as a stimulant.

Next time I'm out, I think I'll sprinkle cayenne on my power bar as a test; it won't taste worse.
  • SunWuKong
    SunWuKong Posts: 364
    There's a fair bit of unpleasnt behaviour in show jumping to get the horses to pick their legs up over the fences. (Sorry I know it's a bit off topic)
  • Ste_S
    Ste_S Posts: 1,173
    Yes, it also appears that cycling was prepared to use a test for a product that no-one thought they could test for. Havent seen that at the Olympics

After it was found that Cera could be detected, I'd look at the people who withdrew from the olympics at the last minute
  • ACMadone
    ACMadone Posts: 300
    Ohurugu = Dirty
    If she becomes a Dame, then that will just be a total farce the British honourary system is.
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,132
    I heard on 5Live that Athletics is the most tested sport in the world - which made me laugh. Not even close,......

.....so wrong it's not funny. That's what Cycling is up against.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    AndyRAC wrote:
    I heard on 5Live that Athletics is the most tested sport in the world - which made me laugh. Not even close,......

.....so wrong it's not funny. That's what Cycling is up against.

What is the most tested sport then?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • did everyone watch her run? i thought it looked a bit too suspicious. Untill the last 100m of it she was in 5th or 6th I forget but then had a blinding surge. She got up to 1st with 50m to go and kept going then realised she was too far ahead and that it might look suspicious if she won by too much so slowed down with 20m to go (not something you do in a competitive olympic final). To me it looked like she was trying to hide her doping by only just winning. Then in her interview afterwards she seemed fresh as a daisy compared to the way other athletes who when interviewd where struggling to speak. I recon once a cheater allways a cheater and the ban should have stuck.
    Your'e never alone with schizophrenia.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    By that evidence though - we'd be banging all the cyclists up - most of them take time to do their jersey up and wave their hands in the air in the closing meters. OK - bunch sprints excluded.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    did everyone watch her run? i thought it looked a bit too suspicious. Untill the last 100m of it she was in 5th or 6th I forget but then had a blinding surge. She got up to 1st with 50m to go and kept going then realised she was too far ahead and that it might look suspicious if she won by too much so slowed down with 20m to go (not something you do in a competitive olympic final). To me it looked like she was trying to hide her doping by only just winning. Then in her interview afterwards she seemed fresh as a daisy compared to the way other athletes who when interviewd where struggling to speak. I recon once a cheater allways a cheater and the ban should have stuck.
    In a thread full of ignorance this really does take the biscuit as the most ignorant posting I've seen on the subject.

I'm sure people only just win Olympic finals to hide their doping. :roll:
  • slojo
    slojo Posts: 56
    It is now over two years since CO received her ban. During that time she will have been tested more than most. The fact that she has not tested positive suggests either that she's clean; or that she knows how to play the system.
    But if she knows how to play the system, why did she need to miss three tests in the first place?
    The out of competition tests are easy to get around. They give a very strict schedule outlining when and where the testers can turn up, plus a 71-hour window when you know they won't.
    Also, the tests are on urine not blood. So, that gives plenty of scope to use EPO and/or growth hormone without ever testing positive or ever needing to miss a test.
  • slojo
    slojo Posts: 56
    oops, double post.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    did everyone watch her run? i thought it looked a bit too suspicious. Untill the last 100m of it she was in 5th or 6th I forget but then had a blinding surge. She got up to 1st with 50m to go and kept going then realised she was too far ahead and that it might look suspicious if she won by too much so slowed down with 20m to go (not something you do in a competitive olympic final). To me it looked like she was trying to hide her doping by only just winning. Then in her interview afterwards she seemed fresh as a daisy compared to the way other athletes who when interviewd where struggling to speak. I recon once a cheater allways a cheater and the ban should have stuck.

From the discussions on this topic, and posts like this I get the impression that many people actually really enjoy doping in sports - the suspense and suspicion, the stories, opportunities for complot theories, superstars unmasked and falling from their pedestal.
  • andyp wrote:
    In a thread full of ignorance this really does take the biscuit as the most ignorant posting I've seen on the subject.

that is not what I meant to convey.
    i just meant to point out that although she is known to have a strong finish in the 400 she was finishing a little too strong for an anairobic eventand seemed to ease up. if she was really that strong why not go for a WR? she could have at that pace so why ease up. Its not a case of only just being able to win or slowing up to celebrate like cyclists who have a couple of minutes till the next competitor over 160km of airobic event, she slowed before the line in an event where she could have broken the WR. (and she was fresh afterwards)

i am in a field, cows live in fields therefore i am a cow! :roll:
  • cougie
    Hmmm - lots of the sprinters ease up towards the line - probably because it hurts like hell to run at those speeds. I dont think you can simply say 'why not go for a world record' ?
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    What does airobic and anairobic mean?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • p.s. i do realize on re-reading my original post that it may have seemed ignorant but I am dyslexic and wording what i want to say has never been my forte
  • You can spell FORTE though, eh :wink:
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    andyp wrote:

i just meant to point out that although she is known to have a strong finish in the 400 she was finishing a little too strong for an anairobic eventand seemed to ease up. if she was really that strong why not go for a WR? she could have at that pace so why ease up. Its not a case of only just being able to win or slowing up to celebrate like cyclists who have a couple of minutes till the next competitor over 160km of airobic event, she slowed before the line in an event where she could have broken the WR. (and she was fresh afterwards)

She barely eased up (three metres from the line at most) and she was 2 seconds off the World Record (seen as unbreakable from the old East German doping free-for-all days)

I've not heard anyone in athletics say they thought she doped and some fairly vocal anti-dopers have supported her (Campbell, Cram, Johnson, Sotherton etc), saying she was only guilty of stupidity - and she seems fairly stupid to me.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    RichN95 wrote:

I've not heard anyone in athletics say they thought she doped and some fairly vocal anti-dopers have supported her (Campbell, Cram, Johnson, Sotherton etc), saying she was only guilty of stupidity - and she seems fairly stupid to me.

would they be quite so forgiving if she was Russian/Chinese ? In the case of cram and Johnson its in there interests to tow the party line. Kelly Sotherton is a hypocrit.
  • BilgeRat
    BilgeRat Posts: 23
    Based on the fact that she is almost certainly a targeted athlete I think she is probably racing clean at the moment. Having said that there will always a question mark over her performance irrespective of the truth (whatever that might be) and she has nothing but her own stupidity to blame for that.

What concerned me more at the end of the race was her body fat. Most 400m runners are pretty svelte, Ohuruogu seemed to be carrying a bit extra. My immediate reaction was: "Gee, she's a bit chumpy"

One thing I have noticed is the mind boggling naivete displayed on non-cycling forums. The dearth of positive tests at this olympics is just fodder for the IOC to blather on about. In competition tests at those sort of events is merely going to catch the dumb and incompetent dopers. Out of competition testing is the only effective deterrent and given the rather patchy implementation between countries and different sports I seriously doubt that the very few positives at this olympics is a real reflection of the actual level of cheating. This just shows why the integrity of out of competition testing is so important and why missing tests is so serious. I am sure that in a forum such as this many would agree that dodging tests is tantamount to cheating but unfortunately this attitude doesn't seem very widespread.

"Only a missed test" does not equal "Never tested positive" it equals "Never tested"
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    RichN95 wrote:

Ignorance is never an excuse.

Do any of them actually believe there is a doping problem in athletics or have they all got a copy of Verbruggen's autobiography from the 90's "I prefer to see things my own way"

Anyway, the dope testing at the Olympics was a farce. So few positives.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • leguape
    leguape Posts: 986
    RichN95 wrote:
    andyp wrote:

She barely eased up (three metres from the line at most) and she was 2 seconds off the World Record (seen as unbreakable from the old East German doping free-for-all days)

Campbell and Ohuruogu are/were both looked after by Linford Christie and are among the multitude who turn a blind eye to his doping past despite it being there on the record. There's something of a double standard there.

Likewise are we meant to believe that someone who can handle the complexities of a UCL linguistics course and who was checking split times after the semis to work out her tactics for the final is somehow so stupid/forgetful/disorganised that they managed to miss three tests in about 8 months, including 2 in less than a month and nearly a fourth save for her coach driving her to it. And all that after both Cousins and Don had served bans and UKA had flagged up the dangers of missed tests to its athletes?
  • cougie
    Would we expect lots of postive tests at the Olympics anyway ?
    The athletes know they will be tested - so they should know to be clean ?

The only ones who should test positive are the stupid ones.

Unless the IOC was doing the new EPO test, and then things could have been interesting.