ohurugu - Rasmussen whats the diff ????

Comments

• deal
    deal Posts: 857

I bet the same questions would have been asked about Tim Don had he done
    well in the Triathlon, but we were saved by a dose of the trots (Stomach Virus).

'Sleazy Rider'

ahh that old chestnut, i thought tendonitis was the new 'stomach problems' :roll:
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    I remember seeing a piece on tv about an athlete, might have been Mo Farah (something like that) the British distance runner. He said he has given the authorities his home address as the place where he available to be tested, this way he has no worries about missing a test if for example he needs to take a day off training etc. gets stuck in traffic or whatever, says he just stays in bed an extra hour in the morning before going training or whatever. Sounds like a very proffesional and organised attitude, and shows how simple it can be to ensure you dont miss any tests - if you want to.
  • st68
    st68 Posts: 219
    st68 wrote:
    "ps. what a joke the BBC commentators are, they are quick to point out some of the numerous dopers competing in the Olympics, in particular when they finish ahead of a British athlete (ie Blonska in the Heptathlon) but quietly ignore Ohurugu transgressions or even try to portray her as some kind of hero for coming back after those nasty tester got her banned" just like the british cycling press portray a certain mr millar as holier than thou basso and landis as bad boys "theyre all cheats regardless of nationality"

Eh, when did you get out? Weren't the ropes tight enough? :o
    oh dear another millar groupie :roll:
    cheesy quaver
  • CyclingBantam
    CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
    Ialso just don't buy the 'scatty' excuise. She clearly knew what the result of missing the 3rd test was. Ask yourself honestly, if you were in that position and had somehow missed 2 tests, would you miss the 3rd, when seemingly it was touch and go if she could have got there on time. You would do what ever was humanly possible. I am not beng funny, it is not as if she had to catch the testers, they were not exactly trying to hide from her.
  • Birillo
    Birillo Posts: 417
    All true, and I hope I'm not being duped. But you got to trust someone haven't you?

Now let me think, who can we trust . . .? I know ! Someone who missed three tests because because she was err . . . forgetful !

Yes, absolutely trustworthy.
  • petejuk
    petejuk Posts: 235
    How can you "accidentally" miss a random drugs test 3 times?
    Their sport is their job, chosen career path, the single most important thing in their life. Athletes by their nature tend to be meticulous, calculating, obsessive and totally dedicated to acheiving their goals. I don't doubt that CO is anything else, nor could be if she was competing at a world level. These factors need to be born in mind by everyone when determining the plausibility of given reasons or excuses for missing tests.

Beyond this though is the simple fact that she broke the rules. If any of us messed up at work we'd get a verbal warning. If we did it again we'd get a written one. If it happened again we'd have no job. Simple. The journalists and the BBC need to stop looking through rose-tinted specs and realise these "athletes" are cheats.
    I hope she fails a drugs test soon.
  • I couldn't care less if she fails one or not, my whole irrational one eyed focus on this particular athlete concerns what happened in the past when she did the equivalent of failing a test by missing three of the bloody things. If you believe the BBC she was a victim of something or other which means she now can be called brave or courageous and a heroine. I can't watch the Olympic highlights without wanting to throw the telly out of the window in rage when they mention her.

And I wouldn't be any less irate if it was Paula Radcliffe. In fact I am as irate about Paula Radcliffe because she was beaten by a country mile by a British woman who finished 6th equaling the best ever performance by a British female Olympic marathon runner and I STILL don't know who she is. Cheers then Gabby and Sue.

I'm a grumpy old git.
  • GeorgeShaw
    GeorgeShaw Posts: 764
    I couldn't care less if she fails one or not, my whole irrational one eyed focus on this particular athlete concerns what happened in the past when she did the equivalent of failing a test by missing three of the bloody things. If you believe the BBC she was a victim of something or other which means she now can be called brave or courageous and a heroine. I can't watch the Olympic highlights without wanting to throw the telly out of the window in rage when they mention her.

And I wouldn't be any less irate if it was Paula Radcliffe. In fact I am as irate about Paula Radcliffe because she was beaten by a country mile by a British woman who finished 6th equaling the best ever performance by a British female Olympic marathon runner and I STILL don't know who she is. Cheers then Gabby and Sue.

I'm a grumpy old git.

+1
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    Now the Horses are testing positive at the Olympics... :shock:
    Rich
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,131
    RichA wrote:
    Now the Horses are testing positive at the Olympics... :shock:

Blimey, the horses are doping without telling their riders!!! What next??
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • Dobbin says he is 'tranquillo'. This was thought rather an unfortunate turn of phrase by other horses in the paddock.
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    What ban can the horse expect?

2 Yrs, Lifetime, or straight to the glue factory...
    Rich
  • GeorgeShaw
    Silver said that the only reason for missing his tests was that Tonto had messed up the bookings for coach Lone Ranger's hotel.
  • I think Dobbin's only get a couple of months ban, at least that was what the Dobbin commentator on 5Live was saying earlier. I don't care too much for John Inverdale but he was very quick to point out that only 15 dobbins have been tested, 4 of which have come back positive, which is nearly 1 in 3 dobbins having consumed some rather powerful oats.

Apparently, the same thing happened in Athens with some Dobbins.

The Track and Field coverage on the BBC is doing my head in. On the same day Hoy got his third gold, we where treated to Christine O being the main event on the highlights package. This is someone who missed drug tests. How exactly can she be a role model for The Kids?

And how exactly can someone that has been out of comp for two years come back and win the Worlds in her first race like she did last year?

Anyone else thinks that Philips Idowu looks like Santa Claus running down the run way with his red hair and white head band?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Apparently it tested positive for capsaicin, which is the molecule that makes chills spicy. Now that is what I dabbling with hot sauce.
  • Christ, I would not like to be the poor b*gger mucking out after that was put in the nose bag...
  • Kléber wrote:
    Apparently it tested positive for capsaicin, which is the molecule that makes chills spicy. Now that is what I dabbling with hot sauce.

I'm gonna inject myself with chilli sauce and see if I can get my '25' time right down. Anyone for a Balti? :wink:
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity
  • Bit of extra wind assistance never hurt anybody.
  • bigdawg
    bigdawg Posts: 672
    Horses taking class 'hay' drugs.....

to be expected I suppose....
    dont knock on death\'s door.....

Ring the bell and leg it...that really pi**es him off....
  • bigdawg wrote:
    Horses taking class 'hay' drugs.....

to be expected I suppose....

:D:D Oh Dear, another thread ruined :D:lol:
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Interesting story here - a bit more detail about the missed tests : http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/no ... s.features

And amazingly - she almost missed a fourth - but seems to me that the testers were at fault : http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/gene ... 60694.html
  • cougie
    Interesting story here - a bit more detail about the missed tests : http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/no ... s.features

And amazingly - she almost missed a fourth - but seems to me that the testers were at fault : http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/gene ... 60694.html
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    Ah yes. Nice article that Guardian one. I think I'd read that before and is where I got my view of her from.
  • GeorgeShaw
    Christine was the first track-and-field athlete to be caught under the 'three strikes' rule and, while the regulations and penalties were available to all, she did not expect such harsh punishment. She says: 'I swear if you went and spoke to any athlete you'd find they had one or two missed tests. I just happened to be the first one who missed three and if it hadn't been me it would have been someone else. I truly believe that. I feel like the system was designed to catch cheats, but caught a person with bad time-management.' Certainly, the recent admission by IAAF general secretary Pierre Weiss that there have been as many as 1,000 missed tests worldwide in the past year puts Christine's situation in perspective.

To me, this speaks volumes about the seriousness with which testing is seen in athletics. Lots of athletes miss tests, it's easy to avoid them. We know where that kind of attitude leads.
  • cougie
    Is it avoiding tests or missing tests though ? And how can we tell ?

She did say about one test where she was at home 90 mins away from the testing point - and only an hour to get there. Could they not have arranged to meet 45 mins in between ? Is that not allowed ?
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Did anyone else hear 5Live Breakfast this morning? THAT Nicky Campbell was talking with Steve Cram who was waffling on about testing athletes and NC jumped it and said 5 positives in the Tour de France with 190 riders against a few positives in Beijing with 100s of competitours. If there is a story about doping in sport he ALWAYS brings up cycling. Does he not know about:
    1) There are other races.
    2) The blood passport programme
    3) The French Anti doping tests at the Tour
    4) That the cycling authorities have done more than any other sport to combat this.
    etc etc
    Mind you he is a journalist so probably hasn't done any research.
    I just get angry because there is no one to defend cycling and it's times like these that I feel sympathy for Pat McQuaid!
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    Yes, it also appears that cycling was prepared to use a test for a product that no-one thought they could test for. Havent seen that at the Olympics
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,131
    Cycling is ahead of the game when it comes to testing etc, Unfortunately the media don't recognise this - and make out the complete opposite, whereas Athletics is miles behind.

Agree with the point above, there is nobody 'influential' to defend Cycling's stance on testing, Athletics can wheel out Lord Coe.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • SunWuKong
    SunWuKong Posts: 364
    The reason for using the chili drug is that it is rubbed on the horses legs so if they rub on the jump it will be real sore and left their legs higher making it more likely to get a clear round.

Love the riders knowing nothing about it. maybe there was a huge tabasco spillage in the stable block area.
  • ???
    The rider has said that he fed it to the horse in an over the counter preparation called horseycalm or something like that.
    Dan