Comments

• Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    Hoping for a few laps sometime on Saturday - anyone else about? :shock:
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Hoping for a few laps sometime on Saturday - anyone else about? :shock:

am thinking about going sat, but it will be for a 3 lap challenge best time so need it to be quiet, either v. early or late (then again I am fried from this week at work so maybe I should just write off early altogether).
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    felgen wrote:
    am thinking about going sat, but it will be for a 3 lap challenge best time so need it to be quiet, either v. early or late (then again I am fried from this week at work so maybe I should just write off early altogether).
    Hmm, out on the beers tonight so very early is out of the question! :roll: :oops: :lol:

Do the gates close any earlier at the weekend? Would be good to do a 3-lap effort just after they've closed the gates I reckon...

Managed a night lap last night, but was interesting spotting deer in the road! After Dusk 'til Dawn next weekend I'm bringing my proper light MTB back with me! :lol:
  • felgen
    Well I decided on a lie-in so no park this morning (actually I didn't decide as such, just found myself waking up when postman rang for me to sign for something). At least I will have my bike by next weekend (I have been assured!) so I will start egging others on much more when I am finally in posession or a worthy steed...
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    felgen wrote:
    At least I will have my bike by next weekend (I have been assured!) so I will start egging others on much more when I am finally in posession or a worthy steed...
    Good man - I egging on sometimes!

Not too sure if I'll make it into the park today - someone kindly bought me a 'Flaming Lambourghini' whilst out in Putney last night so my head is throbbing a little! :roll: :lol:

Also planning to do the club ride with Kingston Wheelers in the morning so don't want to over do it!
  • felgen
    edited September 2008
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Good man - I egging on sometimes!

I assume from that you mean that you sometimes need a gentle poke to get motivated... I think that's the beauty of cycling (rather like running I suppose..) you can do it on your own or with a group and there is no set time to do it, no one to let down, and if you dont feel like doing it at any point you can just do it later (I found that point was the major downside with rugby - I couldn't make it or sometimes just plain didn't feel like doing it, but then you let 25 other people down if you don't make the effort). With cycling its a lot different I actually like getting up as I get to ride to work, and get to analyse my time/performance/average HR/average speed thnks to a Garmin Edge 305 which makes it something to aim for.

Anyway, am well up for organising a ride sometime next weekend. Can anyone suggest posting up potential times and durations for a ride they fancy. I dont really have a clue as I haven't ventured far from the Wimbledon-RP-Hammersmith triangle really since I moved back to London in July.

p.s. whats in a flaming Lamborghini?

p.p.s. Did you go to Fez? I live that funky 70's underlit dancefloor

p.p.p.s. I didnt make it to the park either, tomorrow is now the time for the 3 lap effort. Despite my cycling laziness, I did go to Ikea, even better I went to Geoffrey Butler in Croydon - got some mitts for 4 quid, bargain!
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    Next weekend is out for me (12hr MTB night race in Thetford!) but will definitely be up for rides on weekends after that, and will be in the park at night mid-week (see the RP night ride thread for info)... unless it's wet! :roll: :oops:

Planning on joining the Kingston Wheelers ride tomorrow morning so will see what that's like! :shock:
  • felgen
    oh you just replied. The MTB race sounds fun. I will try the wheelers ride in a couple of weeks (though ultimately not sure whether the Wheelers or London Dynamo would be better for me so I will try them both- I want to put in a good performance ;)
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    Oh, and yes I did mean I need egging on sometimes! (didn't realise I'd missed the 'need' from that sentence before :oops: )

Flaming Lambourghini = 4 shots of nasty stuff, one of them alight, all drunk in one hit through a straw! :shock: :lol:
  • Rich-Ti
    Well I overslept so no Wheelers ride for me today :roll: :oops:

Just gonna get kitted up and go visit Liz at the castle :wink::lol:
  • felgen
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Well I overslept so no Wheelers ride for me today :roll: :oops:

Just gonna get kitted up and go visit Liz at the castle :wink::lol:

Is she in then? Did you call ahead to say you were coming over? :D
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    Sorry, I've been offline - my bikes at the shop getting my frame replaced and reading everyone else riding is rather depressing so I prefer to avoid the forums.

Anyway, aim to pick up my re-invigorated deadly treadly later this week and go for a long-ish ride over the weekend.

Don't have an exact plan at this stage but interested in either heading to Box Hill and surrounds or head west to Windsor if anyones interested and weather permitting.

The long grazed legged one
  • felgen
    The emu wrote:
    Sorry, I've been offline
    We'll let you off this time :x
    The emu wrote:
    Don't have an exact plan at this stage but interested in either heading to Box Hill and surrounds or head west to Windsor if anyones interested and weather permitting.

Potentially very interested in either a visit to Windsor or Box Hill but need new wheels need to arrive as well as the new bike.... suppose I had better get a spare inner tube or two as well... Starting in RP with a lap or two and finishing with a lap or two also? Anyone else?
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • felgen
    any more.. anyone.... anyone... Bueller....Bueller.....
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    Oh sh*t, just remembered I'm off to Paris this weekend to watch some horses run around a track...sorry. :oops:

Will definitely be freed up next weekend, and would love a long ride as end of Oct am off to Pyrenees to hit some Cols so need to regain some fitness as haven't ridden for a few weeks now.

The long grazed legged one
  • felgen
    Bah... back down to 2 then.... shame as I cant make the weekend after myself... oh well :?
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    Would be good to see a few more come along - might actually meet some people who will say hello to me around the park then! :wink:

Come on chaps and chapesses, time we all met up! :D
  • felgen
    I am getting a little worried now. Am pretty sure the bike will be here before Saturday, but not sure about the wheels I have bought and I want to sell them unused. But hey ho, if not, will turn up on the commuting beast and put on my best show...
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • I'm getting confused now....are we talking the 4th/5th or the weekend after?
  • I too am a little confused. Is there an organised ride this weekend, 4th/5th?
    https://www.bikeauthority.cc/
    IG - bikeauthority.cc
  • Rich-Ti
    That's the plan chaps 8)
  • where to , what time, how long?
    https://www.bikeauthority.cc/
    IG - bikeauthority.cc
  • In that case.....I'm doing the Ride of the Falling Leaves on Sunday, but could be tempted for a short Windsor loop on Saturday morning.

The weekend after I'm torn.....on the 12th there's the Ibbo Cake Quest down in deepest Surrey but it's a pig to get to, or we could ride out to Wooburn to watch the West London Combines hill climb....
  • Rich-Ti
    Planning a couple of laps this evening if the weather holds.

Also, a warning that if it's raining when we plan to meet I am likely to bail - mainly as I currently have very little in the way of wet weather gear in London with me :roll: :oops:
  • What time this evening? I'll be getting to the park 5:30 - 5:45ish and doing 3 anti clockwise laps. I should be easy to spot - in full Archer RC kit.
  • Rich-Ti
    Probably around 6:30-7ish for me
  • felgen
    Hmmm. I might have a problem with this weekend now as I just found out I have to move some stuff pretty sharpish from storage, so will have to do that this weekend (Sat am) which stuffs things up a bit. I don't know if anyone is up for sunday morning?

The weather is shaping up to be pretty terrible this weekend isnt it? I dont have any wet weather gear either - cold is fine, but wet is a problem.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • felgen
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Probably around 6:30-7ish for me

I will pop through the park on my way home, though not quite sure what time that will be. Probably about 6.30, though I will most likely just do a single lap as I want to get home and have a look at my new wheels which finally arrived. Just need a bike now :)
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    Ok, looks like this weekend is off then, although I may still ride Sunday if anyone's about and the weather isn't too dreadful.

Next time for me this month is 18th/19th - may well start a new thread for a ride that weekend as it gets a bit lost in here...