Richmond Park training email group

Comments

• hi guys, i often head there very early in the mornign (6.45ish) but was wondering if anyone knew when the park closed in the evening?
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    Don't think it does Gem 8)
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    You can ride all night but if you do, make sure you have a good headlight and never ever get your head down - deer will wander in front of you several times per lap.
  • Watch out for bunnies at night too. I squished one a couple of years back and broke its back. I felt awful about it.

We quite often did night laps in a group on the old forum, some we should revive I think....
  • Rich-Ti
    We quite often did night laps in a group on the old forum, some we should revive I think....
    Sounds like a cracking idea, I'm up for that!

My USE Exposure should scare off any deer or bunnies! :lol::wink:
  • hi guys, i often head there very early in the mornign (6.45ish) but was wondering if anyone knew when the park closed in the evening?

As the others have said you can keep riding after the gates have shut. If you want car free riding then the gates are shutting at 19:15 at the moment.
    https://www.bikeauthority.cc/
    IG - bikeauthority.cc
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    anyone going down tomorrow morning? I have given the bike a little fettle and I am going to try and beat the hour mark having had a rest day and a little inspiration in the form of pretty much a whole afternoon of cycling on Eurosport....
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Yeah, but I'll be going early (7:30ish arrival) so I can get 3 laps in before heading home to shower and then get off to the ToB.

I''ll be on my red Racelight in Commuting trim, including a large saddlepack. Probably a red & white Duval jersey too.
  • felgen
    call me a pansy, but I woke up to hammering rain, so I am just about to go up there in a short while now it has dried out a bit.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    So anyone up for a ride this Satiurday morning either doing loop de loop or down to Box Hill?

Weather supposed to be superb....well.....as superb as London Weather gets :wink:

The long grazed legged one
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Having bike size issues at the mo - next time I'm out may well be on a new frame... :shock:
    My Cervelo should arrive on Tuesday so if I can get it built I hope to be in the Park Wed for a shake-down first ride 8)
  • felgen
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Having bike size issues at the mo - next time I'm out may well be on a new frame... :shock:
    My Cervelo should arrive on Tuesday so if I can get it built I hope to be in the Park Wed for a shake-down first ride 8)

oooh... niiiiiice.
    I thought my Planet-X was arriving this week, but it would seem not, so I am going to be completely bummed if it isnt here, or I would be very much up for sorting out a firm start time and location this weekend rather than just talking about it... Oh well :cry:
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    I feel your frustrations, I've been riding a cobbled together bike for last 3 months after trying to get a warranty return fork and frame organised.

Has hit the shop floor today so I should get that sorted out sooner rather than later though I've learnt not to hold my breath on these things.

Will anyone be night riding and is it generally popular at Richmond Park?

I tried once a few years back at riding in the dark (not in RP) but my bad eye sight along with poor lighting (a cr*ppy cateye) put me off it, but after reading a seperate thread on night riding and lighting I'm actually quite keen to give it a go if I get a couple of those Fenix numbers on the bars and maybe one on the lid.

The long grazed legged one
  • Anyone going to be about on Sunday morning? I'll be putting in 12 boring laps.
  • Shavedlegs wrote:
    Anyone going to be about on Sunday morning? I'll be putting in 12 boring laps.

Surely you could manage something slightly more interesting than 12 laps? That equates to 4hrs of riding, easily making good distance into the surrey hills. Is it training purposes?

I will be rising on Saturday however haven't decided if it will be laps of the park, the surrey hills or a bit of both. Whatever I choose it won't be early. What time is anyone else riding tomorrow?
    IG - bikeauthority.cc
  • It is for training.

I can be called back at any time so I need to stay near home. Such is life! Beats the turbo at least.
  • Shavedlegs wrote:
    .......Beats the turbo at least.

Your not wrong there
    IG - bikeauthority.cc
  • Rich, were you out this morning?
    IG - bikeauthority.cc
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich, were you out this morning?
    Not me sir! I'm down in Sussex this weekend - hoping to get the Cervelo built Tues night and in the park on Wed. 8)
  • Well I'm glad i didn't stop the guy then. I just caught a quick glance of a Ti looking frame with carbon fork and ES wheels. I wasn't really paying much attention at the time so couldn't see if it was an omega.

What are you doing for a stem? I assume you have given up the hunt for the Ltd one.
    IG - bikeauthority.cc
  • felgen
    Shavedlegs wrote:
    Anyone going to be about on Sunday morning? I'll be putting in 12 boring laps.

Its the London Duathlon, but I am sure you found that out by now. Lovely weather for it too, the Emu was right. It would be nice if they could leave the park closed all day and let us cyclists have the park to ourselves for the remainder I am sure there would be mass PB breaking going on. I wonder if we could get that to happen. None of this London Freewheel stuff - a proper bike only training day in Richmond Park....
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    Well I'm glad i didn't stop the guy then. I just caught a quick glance of a Ti looking frame with carbon fork and ES wheels. I wasn't really paying much attention at the time so couldn't see if it was an omega.

What are you doing for a stem? I assume you have given up the hunt for the Ltd one.
    For now I'm going to go with the 3T Pro as the white stripe matches my frame, but it'll be upgraded when I find a Ltd! 8)

Had a few teething problems getting it together but should be sorted this evening... Only now I've got a cold - with a big MTB event only a couple of weeks away I want to be tip top for that so taking it easy at the mo, despite my urge to give my Soloist a good thrashing!!

Might do a few laps on Sunday if anyone is about? :shock:
  • Rich-Ti
    Couple of laps done the evening confirmed the Cervelo is ready to go - should be in the park a couple of time this week if anyone's about? :shock:
  • Kanga
    Kanga Posts: 131
    Hiya Rich-Ti, could be around this week, what sort of times ? Mornings or midday probably best for me :D
  • felgen
    if my bike ever arrives I will be up for it... In meantime I will keep an eye out for a spangly new Cervelo....
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    Kanga wrote:
    Hiya Rich-Ti, could be around this week, what sort of times ? Mornings or midday probably best for me :D
    Always evenings for me I'm afraid, unless it's a Sat or Sun but then I tend to go further afield :(
  • Kanga
    Kanga Posts: 131
    No worries, evenings are prime time with the kids for me ...
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Does anyone have decent GPS data in GPX format, I'm interested in putting up a time but given the distance from where I live I'd need to make a special trip and of course perhaps locally first :D

I've already downloaded the GPX file from bikely but the gradient data doesn't look right I remember those hills being much steeper, i'm getting different results from bikely, bikehike & trailrunnerx.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    itboffin wrote:
    Does anyone have decent GPS data in GPX format, I'm interested in putting up a time but given the distance from where I live I'd need to make a special trip and of course perhaps locally first :D

I've already downloaded the GPX file from bikely but the gradient data doesn't look right I remember those hills being much steeper, i'm getting different results from bikely, bikehike & trailrunnerx.
    Probably. I've got a few laps downloaded off my 705. I'll check when I get home...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • felgen
    I have loads of GPX data for RP as well, let me know if you need it.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB