Free gifts

Comments

• shieldsy94
    shieldsy94 Posts: 342
    it would be good if we got a decent mini tool, something with a few allen keys, chain tool, hex wrench. also stickers that have more better aftermarket brands such as ns bikes or camelback etc
  • alexj2233
    alexj2233 Posts: 381
    Where are this years flip flops?? :!: :(

They were brilliant, all i wore on my holiday last year :lol:
  • mbuk editor In one of the MBUK mags a few month back i was reading about the wrecking crew and the part where it says i could get my picture in the mag....i emailed mbuk@futurenet.com and suggested they ride at lee quarry. I diddnt get mailed back and a couple of months later they are riding at lee quarry but i diddnt know...Why? :/
  • nicb
    nicb Posts: 13
    I received the latest issue yesterday, glasses where there but no sorren bar, can't use the glasses as need prescription ones so was looking forward to the bar but it wasn't there!!? Plus you mention eating them in the rad/bad table, did you eat mine!! :lol:
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    edited July 2010
    I didn't get one either. Though I wouldn't have been able to eat it anyway! The glasses are officially the most rubbish free gift ever :lol:

But the sticker sheet is the best yet, I've been mouthing off about wanting a Mint Sauce sticker for ever and here it is, so THANK YOU! Nice to see a bit more variety too, though I have no idea what the Gorillaz-looking robot thing's all about.

That said, I still want MOAR MINT SAUCE! Pr'aps the size of the Gusset sticker with more distinct colouring? If it'd been the final panel out of this month's strip only without the text, that'd have been fantastic. Ah, but that's so ungrateful.

Oh, and whoever the "feel the ride" one is- your logo fails. Sorry, whoever you are.

But anyway- best stickers ever, good poster, don't care about the rest, still a good issue.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Also disappointed I didn't get a soreen bar :(
    And yes, those glasses are terrible!

Superb poster though... I need to decide what one to take down!! or should I start on my ceiling? hmmmmmm.
  • Northwind
    Oh, one thing I really like about this poster, and the last one IIRC, is that because of the position of the rider you can have just half a poster and it still works. Don't know if it's intentional but it's still great.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Kim MBUK
    Kim MBUK Posts: 163
    OK - seems a lot of you subsribers didn't get a soreen bar and you should have done. I'll look into this for you!
  • starkee
    starkee Posts: 143
    I also would like to log that i did not get the soreen bar, and the glasses (funky shade of blue) were mangled too ! thought i may have had to repair them using the sheet of stickers !? :lol:
  • starkee
    starkee Posts: 143
    I also would like to log that i did not get the soreen bar, and the glasses (funky shade of blue) were mangled too ! thought i may have had to repair them using the sheet of stickers !? :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    thanks mbuk, you screwed one of my rotor bolts, the torx head sheared with first use,and had to drill it out as the broken bit was lodged proper in the screw head,i know freebies arent gonna be top dollar but id expect something not quite that rubbish,so thanks mbuk......ed

Thats the bolts fault not MBUK free tool fault, shit bolt TBH
  • Northwind
    Think he's saying the tool sheared not the bolt.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    I also would like to log that i did not get the soreen bar, and the glasses (funky shade of blue) were mangled too

Same for me (Im a subscriber)
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • Kim MBUK
    Hi!

To everyone who subscribes but did not get a Soreen bar - look here...
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16356914#16356914
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    Kim MBUK wrote:
    ... you subscribe via this link though - myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/mbk/p071

Im a bit confused on the T&C's. If I click on the link above, am I subscribing to one quarter and then it stops? Or am I subscribing for a whole year but you will take the payments quarterly?
  • Kim MBUK
    You're subscribing for a year and the payments are taken quarterly. If you change your mind, you can cancel within the 60-day money-back guarantee period. If you want your subscription to stop after a year, you'll need to cancel your DD.
  • Just got this months mag through the letterbox. The buff style thing is easily the best free gift for ages simply because I will probably use it whilst riding! No more chod fashion items eh? Let's stick to the basics such as tyre levers and whatnot.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    nice free gift. will be useful on my ride doing teh papers in the morning, the best thing it's free and last year i really needed one, oh and i just stuck the stickers on my laptop :lol:
  • jay12 wrote:
    nice free gift. will be useful on my ride doing teh papers in the morning, the best thing it's free and last year i really needed one, oh and i just stuck the stickers on my laptop :lol:

Hah my laptop is to valuable to me for me to deface it :)
  • a great freebie in the Nov mag. Cheers.

Nig. 8)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The buff style thing is easily the best free gift for ages

agreed, mine went to india, without me unfortunately, but it was at a modern wonder of the world so cheers, luckily it is back in time for me to wear this winter.

5097555976_7904e32ec0_z.jpg
  • very impressed with the XTR beanie, even fits my massive noggin (62cm) which was a surprise :)
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    The Big Cheese
    Yours must be the only head it does fit. It even covers my eyes and I don't have a small head. Last year's however fitted fine.

The question is tho, we got a beanie last year, can't we have something different. We also had a light test last year. Can we have something different?
  • I like my beanie!

I've not got an immense noggin like TBC, but mine still fits.

Think I'll subscribe this month (finally) too. Quite like the look of the multi-tool. :D
  • StefanP
    StefanP Posts: 429
    Ditto, the beanie for once fitted me :P
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    the beani fits me perfect and i have a small head.hhah. very nice though :D

i'm gonna subscribe next time round tbh. don't feel liek having that multi tool :lol: i'll wait till something better. maybe a yeti 303 rdh would be nice? :wink:
  • Foobies
    Foobies Posts: 134
    I like my beanie!

Think I'll subscribe this month (finally) too. Quite like the look of the multi-tool. :D

+1
    2019 Bianchi Oltre XR4
    2016 Bianchi Ethanol
    2015 Bianchi via nirone 7

2018 Boardman ADV 8.9
  • Foobies wrote:
    I like my beanie!

+2 :)
  • MBUK Buff was great, XTR beanie was great (fits me better than the previous year's MBUK one, and the SAINT one from the year before that finallly died last month!) BUT, whats with giving us gloves (which is gonna be real hit and miss with fitting) instead of a 2011 calender?!
    Giant Reign - now sold :-(
    Rockhopper Pro - XC and commuting
    DH8 - New toy :-)
  • I liked the beanie and gloves, they both fit. But the keyring thing is shocking quality, I know its a free gift but it really is shocking, the keyring bits are more like ovals and a complete mess. You should have given us a calendar instead,