Free gifts

Comments

• mtb-vs-mtb
    mtb-vs-mtb Posts: 1
    the dustcaps are nice, and my letter got in :D
  • kopite1979
    kopite1979 Posts: 443
    yeh i`ve managed to lose my caps so these caps in black were very welcome!! :D
    It`s changed a bit since...
    2010 Zesty 314
  • yeh the dustcaps are good cant wait till next month the chain reaction chainstay
  • yoohoo999
    yoohoo999 Posts: 940
    am I missing something?

I subscribed about a month ago, via this website, but there was no free gift with the subscription?

I've received my first issue no probs but was just wondering how everyone that got free gifts signed up? did I sign up via the wrong page or something?
  • Danlube
    Danlube Posts: 454
    I left my multi tool on top of my car, as you can guess its laying by the side of the road somewhere, any chance you can roll out a multi tool with the next mag? :lol:
    Kona Tanuki Deluxe
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    My wife thought it would be a good idea to wash and tumble dry the free beanie that came with this months mag, needless to say its now fooked.
    how would one go about getting another one?
    (without buying another mag?)
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Loving the beenie :-)
    Can we have some mint sauce freebies sometime? I'm sure I had a stem topcap a while ago and I've still got a keyring from back in the day.
    (PS I've only just got back into mountain biking so if there was a mint sauce freebie like a month ago just ignore me!)
  • What free gift do you get when you subscribe at the moment?
  • Hmm the flip-flops, beanie and socks didn't fit me or any of my mates!

Less bottles openers, more DVDs! (a downhill racing technique DVD would be nice!)
  • It's tricky getting free gifts like these that fit everybody. Next month (on sale 10th March) we've got, what we reckon, are our best free socks ever. They're super comfy and stretchy so should fit most of you - check out the next month page in the latest issue for a pic.

There's also a downhill racing technique/guide feature with Will Longden, Steve Peat and Marc Beaumont in that issue too - which should suit you BullFreerider!

And there's a free DVD coming very soon too.

What else would you guys like to see as a freebie?
  • More posters :D

MINT SAUCE BUFF!!!!!

MBUK chainstay protecter?

MBUK Grips/barends/both?

Basic skills handbook? ie a summary of all the "how to" features so far.... bunny hop, manual, DH, etc etc?

Just a few ideas :)
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    More posters :D

MINT SAUCE BUFF!!!!!

MBUK chainstay protecter?

MBUK Grips/barends/both?

Basic skills handbook? ie a summary of all the "how to" features so far.... bunny hop, manual, DH, etc etc?

Just a few ideas :)

What he said :lol:
    But definitely another mint sauce gift

Ooooor the mudcows / burning calfs videos on DVD, they were the best free gifts ever!
  • Aldo001
    Aldo001 Posts: 251
    Its gotta be some more MBUK bar ends sometime. Mine are scratched to fook!
    Also more posters and maybe a cheeky wee DVD. :D
  • bigbenj_08 wrote:
    MINT SAUCE BUFF!!!!!
    :)

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please! :wink:
    Giant Reign - now sold :-(
    Rockhopper Pro - XC and commuting
    DH8 - New toy :-)
  • the free shimano spd pedals i was supposed to get when i got a subscription to mbuk but never received :cry: ...only joking

definitely a multi ool or some other tool those allen keys have been really useful!
  • I'd LOVE to see a collection of the Mint Sauce posters that have been in previous issues. I now live stateside and, the bastards at Barnes & Noble open every damn issue that has a gift or poster in it and, 9 times out of 10 you don't get it.

I've been a reader since the beginning and my 7 year old son is really into the Mountain Biking scene, especially with the inspiration that Mint brings. I now get my sis to buy the mag for me and ship it over here. At least I'm guaranteed the goods then.

Give us some more Mint stuff and, I'm sure there will be some pretty happy bunnies out there.

Cheers,

C
    "Swimming in a sea of apathy, with waterwings of hope"
  • rick76
    rick76 Posts: 10
    RockGiant wrote:
    salerules wrote:
    *snip*

are you stupid or some thing they cant give you the best stuff and only charge £4 for it

Well in that case they should stop giving out free gifts with each mag and instead focus on putting in some decent content.

so you dont like the freebies and by the look of it you not to happy with the content .....
    just one question why do you buy the mag as no one forces you to ???
    Rick Lankshear
  • mcflyss
    mcflyss Posts: 257
    Im a happy chappy with the free gifts... a freebie is always nice.

A handy how to booklet as suggested above would be good.... but maybe with general maintanence stuff?
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
  • vengeance111
    vengeance111 Posts: 137
    some MBUK grips or a nice shiny MBUK headset top cap would be really nice :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :P :P :P :P :P
    also the free dvds are always really good, ive been watching the dh world cup dvd non stop since i got it :D
  • JonesyM
    JonesyM Posts: 14
    Is there any chance you could send out the latest subscribers free gift on the automatic renewal of a 12 month subscription?

These gifts are usually well worth having! 8)
  • Thread8
    Thread8 Posts: 479
    Less stickers, all my stuff is covered lol
    Haro Thread 8
    Please help!

"It's like parkour, on a bike"
  • 5T3_v3
    5T3_v3 Posts: 11
    whats up with mbuk freebies i dnt think there is i still use the 3 way allen key that was from neerly 5 years ago and its still the best allen key i ever had iv spent well over 20 on a set n snapped the lot to the ppl who have missused there freebies deserve what they get that includes me as the gadget sock witch i used as a teabag warmer and took a pic sent it to my wife but something went wrong and i still dont know who it went to anyway who cares how good or bad they are we still buy the issues where there isnt one only freebie i want would be a new fox dhx as iv just blown the casting for the piggyback unit but i think i know where to shove that idea and its not on ere so all u moaners go buy something u want then strap it to ur next issue then u know just pretend and if this makes it into the mag i will send the teabag photo in
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    JonesyM wrote:
    Is there any chance you could send out the latest subscribers free gift on the automatic renewal of a 12 month subscription?

No :lol: But, you can usually cancel and resub to get the gifts. It's a shame that loyal subscribers get the shaft a little but 'twas ever thus, most people don't bother doing the unsubscribe shuffle so they'd end up giving away a load of subs gifts they wouldn't otherwise have to. It just doesn't make any sense.

The mint sauce cover gifts were cool, cheers! It'd still be nice if he could sneak onto the sticker sheets though.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • hydra66
    hydra66 Posts: 3
    Not so much of a fan of the 'belt' with the current issue of MBUK. Seems a bit pointless as most cycling shorts can be pulled tight with the less obstrusive inner string.

Tools are always welcome eg small chain tool, allen keys, spoke wrench
    Sickers are good but you can have too many.
    Mini torch
    Small water bottle/ hip flask
    Branded rags to clean bike with
    Basic skills handbook?
    What he said
  • Mynameisdann
    Mynameisdann Posts: 665
    Any info on what the current gift would be if id sub for 12 months?
  • Kim MBUK
    Kim MBUK Posts: 163
    The current subs gift is an Altura Mayhem riding top - only if you subscribe via this link though - myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/mbk/p071

(that's a zero after the p, not an 'o')
  • Mynameisdann
    Mynameisdann Posts: 665
    Oh ok so you get that for subscribing for 3 months? hah seems even better now :D
    Thank you
  • Thread8
    Thread8 Posts: 479
    hydra66 wrote:
    Tools are always welcome eg small chain tool, allen keys, spoke wrench
    Sickers are good but you can have too many.
    Mini torch
    Small water bottle/ hip flask
    Branded rags to clean bike with
    Basic skills handbook?
    What he said

All good ideas
    Haro Thread 8
    Please help!

"It's like parkour, on a bike"
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Crap tools I'll never use just go straight in the bin, a bad tool's worse than no tool at all I reckon.
    Uncompromising extremist