Free gifts

For those of you who like your freebies don't miss the free multi-tool with the issue that's currently on sale. It features a 2.5, 4, 5, 6mm Allen key, T25 Torx key and Phillips screwdriver.

You can also get your mitts on a fine pair of Scott goggles or sunglasses for nowt when you subscribe to MBUK, plus you'll save a shedload of cash too. Log on here if you fancy a bit of that... http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/mbk/p044

And in case you hadn't heard, next month we're giving away the funkiest flip flops your feet have ever seen. Keep an eye on the blogs for updates and images...
It's on sale on July 2nd.

Comments

• Brakeless
    Brakeless Posts: 865
    wicked
  • thanks mbuk, you screwed one of my rotor bolts, the torx head sheared with first use,and had to drill it out as the broken bit was lodged proper in the screw head,i know freebies arent gonna be top dollar but id expect something not quite that rubbish,so thanks mbuk......ed
  • Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    When're we getting a Refresher bar on the front of the mag?

;)
  • god1406
    god1406 Posts: 554
    perhaps a silly question...

...what size will the flip flops be?
  • taliesyn
    taliesyn Posts: 87
    Around UK Size 11, I read somewhere :)
  • god1406
    perfect :)

I wondered if they would make them in about size 15, then you could cut them down to your size...

genius.
  • Yeah they're UK 10, so you can cut em down to size if you've got girls' feet!
    Any bigger and they wouldn't have fitted in the bag...
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    My 99p ASDA jobbie are just about to wear out, so I will be getting MBUK as soon as it's on the shelves!
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • danboy
    danboy Posts: 8
    hi guys just to let you when i was at the airport wiating to go on my hols i poped into the paper shop to get your mag which i get every month which would be great to read by the pool but when i opened it to get my free multi tool it was,nt there ,so i went to change it but none of the mags had it in . I thought some scalies might have had them away but then realised that you can't carry sharpe instruments on the plane so i did'nt recieve my free gifts :cry: if this is the case where are the freebies and how can i get hold of it ?.
    By the way the mag is great and can you do a write up on the carrera range as me and my pal both ride carrera's and can@t fault them .
  • Yeah, we couldn't put the multi tool on issues in airports for exactly that reason.
    If you PM me your details I'll see what we can sort out for you.

As for the Carreras... we're featuring one in a biketest very soon so keep your eyes peeled for that.
  • am I the only one who is thinking these free gifts are a bit pants really, multi tool went straight in the bin as I wouldn't have gone near my bike with it, I'm sure the flip flops will be of a similar quality. can't you just ensure the mag is as good as it can possibly be without pinnng crap to the cover. I feel at the moment you are losing ground a little compared to your competitors who are concerntrating on just making good magazines. how about a reader survey to see how we think the mag could improve ie what bits to leave out or increase for example. I buy all the major magazines each month and have to admid the likes of singletrack, dirt and MBR are offering a better angle at times than MBUK / WMB are, recycled articles in each mag and shared tests etc, is just getting a bit lazy I feel.
  • god1406
    the flip flops aren't too bad actually.

But they smell like some kind of weird acid...

The cover picture isn't that different from last month, and when can I expect to be told that I've won all that stuff from the 20th anniversary issue?

More pictures of Gracia are needed! it was good to read about his suicides and whips or whatever at Fort Bill, but a picture would be even better!

:)
  • pyebibby4
    pyebibby4 Posts: 73
    Big Red S wrote:
    When're we getting a Refresher bar on the front of the mag?

;)

i agree
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    god1406 have a look on my pinkbike for pics
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • Liam-rooney
    Liam-rooney Posts: 159
    Yay its a free dvd next month!!!

I think
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    NS Holy 2009 :D
    Saving for Full Sus...
  • salerules
    salerules Posts: 37
    am I the only one who is thinking these free gifts are a bit pants really, multi tool went straight in the bin as I wouldn't have gone near my bike with it, I'm sure the flip flops will be of a similar quality. can't you just ensure the mag is as good as it can possibly be without pinnng crap to the cover. I feel at the moment you are losing ground a little compared to your competitors who are concerntrating on just making good magazines. how about a reader survey to see how we think the mag could improve ie what bits to leave out or increase for example. I buy all the major magazines each month and have to admid the likes of singletrack, dirt and MBR are offering a better angle at times than MBUK / WMB are, recycled articles in each mag and shared tests etc, is just getting a bit lazy I feel.

are you stupid or some thing they cant give you the best stuff and only charge £4 for it
  • salerules
    salerules Posts: 37
    theres to many free DVDs get something else
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    salerules wrote:
    am I the only one who is thinking these free gifts are a bit pants really, multi tool went straight in the bin as I wouldn't have gone near my bike with it, I'm sure the flip flops will be of a similar quality. can't you just ensure the mag is as good as it can possibly be without pinnng crap to the cover. I feel at the moment you are losing ground a little compared to your competitors who are concerntrating on just making good magazines. how about a reader survey to see how we think the mag could improve ie what bits to leave out or increase for example. I buy all the major magazines each month and have to admid the likes of singletrack, dirt and MBR are offering a better angle at times than MBUK / WMB are, recycled articles in each mag and shared tests etc, is just getting a bit lazy I feel.

are you stupid or some thing they cant give you the best stuff and only charge £4 for it

What are you talking about?
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • salerules wrote:
    *snip*

Well in that case they should stop giving out free gifts with each mag and instead focus on putting in some decent content.
  • salerules wrote:
    *snip*

Well in that case they should stop giving out free gifts with each mag and instead focus on putting in some decent content.
  • i snapped every allen key trying to attach my bottle holder and the torx key in my discs :cry:
  • I think that you should have coupons which you can save up for something more expensive say every 3 or 4 mags
  • salerules wrote:

just pointing out, but for those that didnt study business studies, or know anything about how these things work, MBUK sells advertising space in the magazine, as im sure you've all realised....and the money from this more than covers printing costs, distribution, and any free gifts, plus all the wages that they might need, so pretty much all money they make on selling them is pure profit.
  • LordBanks
    LordBanks Posts: 358
    I like the socks, perfect size for me :D
  • D3monik
    D3monik Posts: 21
    I like the socks too! :D but i have ladylike feet.
    Is there any way that i can get hold of the sticker sheets from previous issues? Particularly the Dirty Bikes fairy and the 24seven logos, they rock.
  • I was well annoyed that the socks didn't fit me. But then I do have massive, gorilla feet. The Shimano Saint beanie's good though. :)
  • Most of the gifts seem pretty decent to me compared to what other mags (of any type) manage. Also MBUK give quality reports and I trust their reviews 100%. I bought a GT Avalanche 1.0 based on the sub- £500 hardtail review.
  • jat 08
    jat 08 Posts: 21
    i am very confused with the amount of freebee's right now.

I have just subscribes to your magazine so i will be getting decembers issue and it says inside this months magazine i will be gettin a free multi tool, but on the label on the socks it says i will get a free tri lock and now i have just seen i am getting scott goggles or glasses. IF i do get the scott merchandise i hope it will be sunglasses because not everyone rides with a full face helmet.

any input onto which one i will most likely be recieving is much appreciated

P.S i am pretty annoyed with all the people complaining about the free gifts, they don;t have to give us anything, loads of magazines don't! some of u need to climb down from being stuck so far up ure own arses. :evil:
  • jat 08 wrote:
    P.S i am pretty annoyed with all the people complaining about the free gifts, they don;t have to give us anything, loads of magazines don't! some of u need to climb down from being stuck so far up ure own arses. :evil:

Amen.
  • :shock:

i dunno wot the prob is, i buy the mag each month for the content not the free gifts,
    but saying that the flip flops are great and the beanie fits like a glove... bit odd as its for yer head!!
    i view the gifts as a thank you for buying the mags.
    i've jjust sat down and watched the original dirt vid that came with the mag oh god years ago, and it still makes me wanna get out and ride !!
    keep up the good work MBUK !!!