garmin edge 705

a_n_t
a_n_t Posts: 2,011
edited September 2008 in Workshop
anyone know when its _really_ going to be available? :?
Manchester wheelers

PB's
10m 20:21 2014
25m 53:18 20:13
50m 1:57:12 2013
100m Yeah right.

Comments

• My lbs told me from today, why what have you heard? i've been waiting for ages i don't think i can bear to much more
    pm
  • I've ordered mine from Dabs. They were saying Feb 29, but every few days I've had an email from them with a 'change in lead time'. But, fingers crossed, their last date was March 14 and I haven't had a delay email yet. Then again, I haven't had a confirmation either...
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • a_n_t
    end of april i've heard now! :(
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    100m Yeah right.
  • I've ordered mine from Dabs. They were saying Feb 29, but every few days I've had an email from them with a 'change in lead time'. But, fingers crossed, their last date was March 14 and I haven't had a delay email yet. Then again, I haven't had a confirmation either...

Just got my latest update from dabs .... 8th April ....
  • elyobelyob wrote:
    I've ordered mine from Dabs. They were saying Feb 29, but every few days I've had an email from them with a 'change in lead time'. But, fingers crossed, their last date was March 14 and I haven't had a delay email yet. Then again, I haven't had a confirmation either...

Weird, my latest update from dabs (arrived this morning) says 18th March -- today. Probably balls -- since February I've been getting one from them every few days changing the lead time to a few days away. But it's odd that a) this time they've moved it just a day forward and b) they've given me a different date to you.
  • Langers
    Langers Posts: 95
    Got an email from Dabs yesterday stating 14th April :(
  • sicrow
    sicrow Posts: 791
  • a_n_t
    ah well, just have to spend the money on easter eggs 8)
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    100m Yeah right.
  • Right, an email that arrived an hour ago says March 25th. Why on earth are they giving us all different dates?
  • xio
    xio Posts: 212
    Well this lot claim to have them in stock:
    http://www.mynewcheap.co.uk/products/de ... -hr/11348/
  • Right, an email that arrived an hour ago says March 25th. Why on earth are they giving us all different dates?

First come, first served?
  • elyobelyob wrote:
    Right, an email that arrived an hour ago says March 25th. Why on earth are they giving us all different dates?

First come, first served?
    Well, I ordered min on Feb 25. Anyone any advance?
  • MegaCycle
    MegaCycle Posts: 236
    I just ordered one from handtec and they are saying mid-April.

BTW anyone know what power meters are compatible with this little beauty?
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    MegaCycle wrote:
    I just ordered one from handtec and they are saying mid-April.

BTW anyone know what power meters are compatible with this little beauty?
    "Edge 705 works with third-party ANT+Sport-enabled power metres " (not necessarily all)
  • The blurb i read said it was compatible with SRM & Cycle ops
    pm
  • MegaCycle
    wow I just looked up the cycle ops ones and they are EXPENSIVE!

I had no idea. I think I may give up on power measuring then!
  • Cyle-Ops (Ergomo/Power Tap) are cheaper than SRM. the fact is that there's no 'cheap' power meter on the market. you could get a polar CS 600 with power meter but its not as accurate (as SRM/Ergomo), fiddly to set up and still costs £450
    pm
  • spivvy
    spivvy Posts: 51
    POWER + Garmin Edge 705 = http://www.quarq.us/
  • elyobelyob wrote:
    I've ordered mine from Dabs. They were saying Feb 29, but every few days I've had an email from them with a 'change in lead time'. But, fingers crossed, their last date was March 14 and I haven't had a delay email yet. Then again, I haven't had a confirmation either...

Weird, my latest update from dabs (arrived this morning) says 18th March -- today. Probably balls -- since February I've been getting one from them every few days changing the lead time to a few days away. But it's odd that a) this time they've moved it just a day forward and b) they've given me a different date to you.

Today's update ... 10th April ... do Garmin have any official view on when stock is to be released?
  • elyobelyob wrote:
    elyobelyob wrote:

Today's update ... 10th April ... do Garmin have any official view on when stock is to be released?

Just spoke to Garmin UK and they have confirmed that they are being distributed ...
  • MegaCycle
    woo hoo!! more toys to play with :D
  • Woo Hoo - i just got mine today :D:D:D

Not so woo hoo - going on holiday tomorrow so can't use it till next week :cry:
    pm
  • Woo Hoo - i just got mine today :D:D:D

Who'd you order yours through?
  • MegaCycle
    handtec

£278 for the HR and cadence package
  • elyobelyob wrote:
    elyobelyob wrote:

14th for me :-(
  • elyobelyob wrote:
    Woo Hoo - i just got mine today :D:D:D

I ordered it through my LBS, Rock n Road in Southampton
    pm
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    elyobelyob wrote:
    Woo Hoo - i just got mine today :D:D:D

I ordered it through my LBS, Rock n Road in Southampton

Grrrr!!!!!

I just phoned Rock n Road and it said it only had only seen the one that it special ordered for a customer. The bloke I spoke to (very helpful) unintentially rubbed it a bit by pointing out that it looked like a very nice bit of kit. :cry:

The people I've got my pre order with counted down to 1 day before stock is availble, but now the status has gone back to pre order only.

Where do you live, how many levers does the lock on your shed have?
  • Langers
    Hi,

I managed to find one in stock in the end and will be cancelling my Dabs orders.

Got it from http://www.heartratemonitor.co.uk/garmin_edge_705.html

Ordered it on Monday and it arrived today. Cost around £40 more but I didn't want to wait any longer.
  • Langers
    p.s. Seems like an awsome bit of kit. Will be trying it out tomorrow :D