check out my ride....

Comments

• Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    The The wrote:
    Doobz wrote:
    here is mine after its first "real" day out on the road.. what an awesome ride.. still some tweaking to get things right...

DSC_0353.JPG

First thing I would do is bin the Selle Italia XO. I used to have one. It was awful.

I have not ridden for 3 - 4 years so this seat is pretty cool for getting my a$$ broken in - LOL - as soon as I am not saddle sore anymore I will go for something a bit lighter..

Adios
    Boobz
    cartoon.jpg
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    LazyBoycp wrote:
    The Commuter/Town Bike

2230528677_a85552fecc.jpg

Hi, I've been thinking of getting one of these. Any good?

Brilliant bike, I'm delighted with mine, it's perfect for getting round London on.
  • HungryCol
    HungryCol Posts: 532
    edited February 2008
    My Winter/Commuter Bike (sans handlebar tape at time of pic):
    DSCN1803.jpg

My old Summer Bike (gone as of last week. I'll miss her :( ):
    DSCN1999.jpg

My new Summer Bike as of 14th Feb: (58cm, Carbon cross & down tubes and forks. Full Ultegra.) 8)
    DSCN2014.jpg
    Every winner has scars.
  • Dickie
    Dickie Posts: 1,489
    Enter the Luddite...cant work out how to insert a pic with these tab thingys so click on the link.

http://pics-by-dickie.fotopic.net/p35860371.html

http://pics-by-dickie.fotopic.net/p46405527.html
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Here's mine - all old school.....

Best Bike

DSCF0897.jpg

DSCF0356.jpg

Training bike

DSCF0893.jpg

Commuter

DBCommuterSide.jpg
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    HungryCol wrote:
    My new Summer Bike as of 14th Feb:
    Watch this space
    It's good to treat yourself on Valentine's Day... :D
  • Sooo light and sooo fast!!!!!!!!!!!!

2264279385_b09f0ee1e7.jpg
    Giant Anthem X3 2013
  • Nuggs wrote:
    HungryCol wrote:
    Watch this space

Yup picking it up after work this evening. I'm soo excited, I just can't hide it, I think I gonna lose control but I think I like oooh oooh yeah..... doo do do dooo do dah... humm humm humm hum hum hum ha.... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Every winner has scars.
  • Nuggs
    HungryCol wrote:
    Nuggs wrote:
    HungryCol wrote:
    Watch this space

Yup picking it up after work this evening. I'm soo excited, I just can't hide it, I think I gonna lose control but I think I like oooh oooh yeah..... doo do do dooo do dah... humm humm humm hum hum hum ha.... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Let's hope the recent good weather continues into the weekend then.

Pics once it's home please...
  • Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    HungryCol wrote:

Well, did you get it ? Where are the pics ?
  • Picked it up and cycled home from my LBS last night, like cycling on silk, got in the door showed Mrs Hungrycol, received an acceptable and genuine WOW but had to consider my tact in taking photo's of it on Valentines night!

I'll take pikkies tonight and post them up. It's the dog bo**ox. Should have taken a sicky today and gone for a spin, doh!
    Every winner has scars.
  • Nuggs
    HungryCol wrote:
    Picked it up and cycled home from my LBS last night, like cycling on silk, got in the door showed Mrs Hungrycol, received an acceptable and genuine WOW but had to consider my tact in taking photo's of it on Valentines night!

I'll take pikkies tonight and post them up. It's the dog bo**ox. Should have taken a sicky today and gone for a spin, doh!
    Come on then - what is it?
  • Not saying just yet. Don't want to spoil the surprise 8) .
    Every winner has scars.
  • New Bike pic now updated.

(White bar tape not to chavvy is it? White saddle...discuss)
    Every winner has scars.
  • sloxam
    sloxam Posts: 861
    where?
    i hate hills (cos i'm fat)

www.justgiving.com/steven-loxam/
  • Page 7, pic under the Cannondale Saeco... Updated my last post... The Six13 is my new horse.
    Every winner has scars.
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    HungryCol wrote:
    New Bike pic now updated.

(White bar tape not to chavvy is it? White saddle...discuss)
    That's a nice looking bike. 8)

As for the tape, not chav (or charver as we say up here) but I'd stick a white saddle on that.

I went with a white Toupe Gel on my current bike but decided against white tape with the onset of winter.

Now I'm not sure what to do with my Allez. White tape, leave it as it is or stick the orginal black saddle on it as its going to be relegated to bad weather and winter duties.

I do know the Izoard, Mortirolo or whatever my good bike is to be is getting white tape and saddle whether it likes it or not. :wink:
  • Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    Nice looking Dale... 8)

Nothing wrong with white saddle/bar tape, but then I would say that.........
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    HungryCol wrote:
    Page 7, pic under the Cannondale Saeco... Updated my last post... The Six13 is my new horse.

I love the look of the six13. Enjoy :mrgreen:
  • mdg1157 wrote:
    new winter, commuter, tourer. Diamondback finally died on Friday after an encounter with a big rock in a ford.

New Trek to replace it

which Trek is that? Is it a current bike?
  • mdg1157
    mdg1157 Posts: 222
    IIt's the 1.2, the 08 entry level road bike. Got it for the mudguard and rack eyes. Have changed the stem for a longer one and put on my old mirage compact chainset. Then threw the whole thing down the road yesterday morning on the way to work!!
  • ru--
    ru-- Posts: 27
    My uni commute
    n197814035_38975303_7371.jpg

My Scott
    n197814035_38975302_7121.jpg
  • mdg1157 wrote:
    IIt's the 1.2, the 08 entry level road bike. Got it for the mudguard and rack eyes. Have changed the stem for a longer one and put on my old mirage compact chainset. Then threw the whole thing down the road yesterday morning on the way to work!!

Hopefully not too much damage to you or bike.

Numpty question - how do mudguards fit with recessed screw brake bolts ? I've never had them.
  • poucher
    poucher Posts: 102
    Hi All,

This is my ride:-
    CIMG1917.jpg
    Pinarello Paris carbon with Campag Shamal Ultra's on it, Campag Chorus groupset ( apart from Pinarello carbon compact crankset ) and various other carbon bits on it.

My other ride is a Cannondale Jekyll 900 mountainbike, but you don't wanna see that here :shock: !!

Cheers,

Poucher :wink:
  • mdg1157
    Thanks for the concern John
    Bike's a bit scuffed on the levers and rear skewer, tape torn a bit, but totherwise ok.
    Body's scuffed a bit, broken finger, bruised ribs, hip and shoulder, and a black eye and cut cheek from my glasses being forced into my face!

Most sick about missing a ride into the Moors today tho!!(had to get a lift to work yesterday, first time in ages)
  • Hi - this is my commuter in winter off-road disguise:

[img][/img]http://byfiles.storage.live.com/y1pdOb8 ... o_zKT2rKJI

And also my SS:

[img][/img]http://byfiles.storage.live.com/y1pdOb8 ... 1bqXY0YvSU

How do you post a picture directly??? What am I doing wrong???
  • Numpty question - how do mudguards fit with recessed screw brake bolts ? I've never had them.

Is it just a matter of a few cable ties and living with it? Or is there something that I've missed? Don't want race blades.
  • mdg1157
    Fit the bracket at the front of the forkcrown instead of the rear!
  • OK I said I was a numpty at the start !!

Cheers, so blindingly obvious really. :oops: :oops:
  • might be able to post my new ride soon - off tomorrow to size check a TREK. They have 54 & 56 and they have 1.2 & 1.5 and they have 58 1.7.

I want 1.2 because I'm not sure a 1.5 "not many spokes" wheels would be good for my 16st although I wouldn't mind the slightly higher spec. Maybe I could have a 15 and get them to change the wheels ?
This discussion has been closed.