check out my ride....

Comments

• gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    My new build - S-Works roubaix SL frame, Campag Centaur, campag Eurus Wheels, ITM & specialized finishing kit.

P1010809.jpg

P1010804.jpg
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Fantastic looking bike Gkerr 8)

54cm wasn't it, how much do you want for it? :wink:
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    it is a 54cm yes - but sorry - not for sale at the moment......

:-)
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    :cry:

:lol:

I've ruled out the off the shelf Expert and Pro Roubaix's and I'm fairly set on an Izoard Pro (when and/or assuming I can get sized for one).
  • brit66
    brit66 Posts: 350
    Focus Izalco (2007): carbon frame, SRAM Force group, Kysirum SL wheels, FSA bar and stem.

izalco2007tp8.jpg
  • CraigH
    CraigH Posts: 321
    Britt66..

any reason for those pedals?

C
  • brit66
    brit66 Posts: 350
    Craig
    I used it to commute last week and have a tricky section which crosses a junction - cars coming at speed from all directions it seems. In my clip-on's it's a bit tricky so I took them off and put the ordinary pedals back. :)

Hope the weather stays settled so I can use it more often! :roll:
  • fizz
    fizz Posts: 483
    Heres mine

My winter hack, old Peugeot that I rescued from the local tip, with some bits and pieces souced of ebay to turn it back into a drop bar bike, also pinched the wheels off one of my other bikes.

DSC_0016.jpg

My summer bike

Van Nichlaus Vardar, 10 spd 105 groupset.

DSC_0512.jpg

My Retro Museum piece

Frank Kirk 7spd, 105 groupset, loads of old bits, had it since I was a kid.

DSC_0505.jpg

push.jpg
  • I can finally contribute to this thread:

n509780888_398339_7385.jpg

n509780888_398347_9526.jpg

God save the Queen! :lol:
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • fizz wrote:
    DSC_0505.jpg

Nice bike! Very unique + I haven't seen a picture of one in years....

What bottle is that? Man I would kill to have that zebra bottle!!! 8) 8)
  • stueyc
    stueyc Posts: 518
    great seat...just got one for my Bianchi
  • Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    Was never truly happy with the bike so I've now got it riding/feeling/looking just how I want, all ready for the summer months... :D

252385508_ydn8V-M.jpg

252385399_RMSUB-M.jpg

252385460_i5Fy9-M.jpg
  • gb1
    gb1 Posts: 93
    See below for mine.
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    My best bike

[img][/img]img0200ub5.jpg
    Brian B.
  • fizz
    fizz Posts: 483
    fizz wrote:
    DSC_0505.jpg

Nice bike! Very unique + I haven't seen a picture of one in years....

Ta it always used to get plenty of double take looks, but the front mech shifter lug has come away from the frame so I dont use it anymore. As I'm worried about the structural integrity of the whole thing, they have a reputation for cracking around the BB / rear seat stays and I'd like to keep it in one piece.All the kit on it is early 90's stuff 105 mainly it has one of those weird oval bio pace chainsets on it that were all the range at the time.

The bottle is really old I got it as a freebie with my Zefal track pump years and years ago. It was the only bottle I could find in the cupboard that didnt have mould growing inside it. :shock: Yes I've got some new bottles now :lol:
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    here is mine after its first "real" day out on the road.. what an awesome ride.. still some tweaking to get things right...

DSC_0353.JPG
    cartoon.jpg
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Doobz wrote:
    here is mine after its first "real" day out on the road.. what an awesome ride.. still some tweaking to get things right...

DSC_0353.JPG

What size did you get?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Doobz
    What size did you get?

hey red I got the Medium.. I am stoked with the ride but quite upset with a few things like a loose headset and badly configured gears plus the no rimtape on the wheels. Other then that its awesome.. Its so stiff and shocked myself a few times when pulling off at a roundabout etc.. It doesnt hlod back at all - really responsive.. I hope you find yours the same when you get a chance to ride it..

adios
    Doobz
    cartoon.jpg
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Doobz wrote:
    hey red I got the Medium.. I am stoked with the ride but quite upset with a few things like a loose headset and badly configured gears plus the no rimtape on the wheels. Other then that its awesome.. Its so stiff and shocked myself a few times when pulling off at a roundabout etc.. It doesnt hlod back at all - really responsive.. I hope you find yours the same when you get a chance to ride it..

I think my size is the one bigger than yours (due to that being the one on sale and it being pretty close to the current frame. Ribble seem like to use "medium" rather than 51cm (which I think is medium) which is what Deda use.

I think your frame with decals looks better than mine without, I'll have to look around to find some decent ones to put on. Perhaps my name for starters....
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Doobz
    yup thats right - the frame is 51cm and cuz of sloping gemoetry it kinda adds 4cm IIRC. It would have been nice if they could have added my name in small italics somewhere like tery dolan does when he builds bikes.. yous still looks uber nice tho 8)

adios
    doobz
    cartoon.jpg
  • The Commuter/Town Bike

2230528677_a85552fecc.jpg

Hi, I've been thinking of getting one of these. Any good?
  • dangerous jules.
  • fizz wrote:

The bottle is really old I got it as a freebie with my Zefal track pump years and years ago. It was the only bottle I could find in the cupboard that didnt have mould growing inside it. :shock:

Oh my lord, they still make those bottles. I'll have to order some, I'm in need. Cheers! :D
  • mdg1157
    mdg1157 Posts: 222
    new winter, commuter, tourer. Diamondback finally died on Friday after an encounter with a big rock in a ford.

New Trek to replace it

2253822963_83263f9ce8.jpg
  • 4kicks
    4kicks Posts: 549
    fizz wrote:

The bottle is really old I got it as a freebie with my Zefal track pump years and years ago. It was the only bottle I could find in the cupboard that didnt have mould growing inside it. :shock:

Oh my lord, they still make those bottles. I'll have to order some, I'm in need. Cheers! :D

Then you have to buy a saddle like mine to match: :roll:

305br4.th.jpg
    Fitter....healthier....more productive.....
  • Mike59
    Mike59 Posts: 1,170
    :)

2252959112_9fbf6f0f05.jpg
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    90218350a31cf5474763415674e0a21efb43967d0a5922397987d668.jpg

yumyum
  • Doobz wrote:

DSC_0353.JPG

First thing I would do is bin the Selle Italia XO. I used to have one. It was awful.
  • Its a big frame for me at 59cm but it rides really well, just had it back out today in the good weather.......magic!
This discussion has been closed.