Help For Heroes Snowdon MTB Challenge - Saturday 26th April

124»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Holy crap, that's a solid amount. Well done guys.
  • NEILHEAD
    NEILHEAD Posts: 435
    Well, it's just over a month since we did the event so I think now is a good time to finalise our fundraising total.

Drum roll please...

The grand total that has been raised by this event is £3387.46.

Not a bad effort at all! :D

Thanks again to everyone that took part in the event, and for contributing to the final total by raising money through sponsorship.

Cheers

FTASB

WOW and your target was only £500 arise sir nick
    Never trust a man with facial hair.

http://neilhead.pinkbike.com/album/my-bike/
  • Amos
    Amos Posts: 438
    Good work guys, I can't wait till you organise this again! I am there!
  • Righto, i know it is a hell of a way off yet but what do people reckon about this? Would anyone be interested?

H4HSnowdonMTBChallenge2Small.jpg

Also, to make things a bit more interesting, what do people think about doing the ride TWICE in the same day? :shock:

Or would people prefer keeping the format the same, i.e. riding it once is enough! :D
    It's all good fun until someone loses a bollock.

2010 Orange Crush
  • NEILHEAD
    NEILHEAD Posts: 435
    Im in and i dont mind PUSHING it twice :lol:
    Never trust a man with facial hair.

http://neilhead.pinkbike.com/album/my-bike/
  • Another sponsorship cheque has landed on my doormat, the total is now...

£3472.56

:P

2010 Orange Crush
  • welsh_wonder
    welsh_wonder Posts: 152
    Hi Nick,

Fantastic result when i said we would smash the £500 i wasnt expecting that much so from someone who is in the Forces i would like to say a big thanks to Nick for setting up the event and also everyone who contributed in one way or another oh and count me in for next year unless im in a hot sandy place by then.

Rob
  • To all those who took part in the event, below is an email sent to me from Philip Hughes, the Help For Heroes co-ordinator who helped me organise it -
    Dear All,

For those of you that have not visited the Help for Heroes website recently I can inform you that we have reached our £6 Million pound target.

That is due to your efforts in organizing and participating in events up and down the breadth of Wales. Without your support we would never have raised so much so quickly.So a GREAT BIG thankyou to you all.

Plans are now underway to build the pool and gym at Headley Court.Details of the new facility will shortly be available for you all to see on our website.

However our campaign does not stop today. We will continue raising funds in order to provide other much needed items.

When our campaign will end is still unclear but with events organized until the end of the year we will continue to support them and indeed encourage them.

After all every penny raised will benefit all those returning home injured.

All I would like to do now is thank you all personally on behalf of The Help for Heroes Team for your support in our Appeal.

I cannot speak personally for all those soldiers that have returned home injured but I know that your efforts on their behalf means a great deal to them all.

On my recent visit to Headley Court I was moved by what I saw. Such a sea of young faces all smiling but with such traumatic injuries.

They need us now more than ever and I know that you are still there supporting us all.

Have great delight in what you raised and what it will provide.

Sadly as I write this Email to you this evening we have lost three servicemen in Afghanistan.

Let our thoughts and prayers be with their parents and loved ones.

Please pass our thanks from all of us at Help for Heroes to all your supporters.

With very many thanks,

Yours,

Philip Hughes
    H4H Fundraising Coordinator NWales

Thanks again!

Cheers

FTASB

2010 Orange Crush
  • apriliarider
    apriliarider Posts: 222
    Well done guys- fab day - hole in knee just healed.

FTASB - well done mate for organising - top job for a worthy cause.

If any of you guys are feeling flush -

http://www.justgiving.com/transrockies2008

Cheers for your support !!!!
  • Some more funds to add to the total - another £170 raised by Six Four

Cheers! :D

The grand total is now - £3642.56

2010 Orange Crush
  • Just started on this place and been browsing the forums, I'm off to Anglesey with the in-laws in a couple of weeks and thought about conquering Snowdon en route. Any tips? Timings? reality check?! Your photos look pretty amazing, well done. Hope you raised a fair wedge for the charity.

Cheers, Simon.
  • Just started on this place and been browsing the forums, I'm off to Anglesey with the in-laws in a couple of weeks and thought about conquering Snowdon en route. Any tips? Timings? reality check?! Your photos look pretty amazing, well done. Hope you raised a fair wedge for the charity.

Cheers, Simon.

Firstly, welcome to the forum! :D

There's lots of tips and timings just within this thread but if you do a search then you will probably find that someone else will have given it a go at some point as well.

Don't forget about the voluntary riding restrictions, also the mountain will be a lot busier at this time of year.

Reality check - It's a big push to the top but you will enjoy it! :shock:

Cheers

FTASB

2010 Orange Crush
  • Yet more funds to add to the total - another £428.50 raised by the boys at Deesptream Technolgies Ltd (Andrew, Jason & Dafydd).

Thank you very much. :P

The grand total is now - £4071.06

2010 Orange Crush
  • I'm having a go at Snowdon on saturday night, I'll let you know how we get on!
  • gilbs2709
    gilbs2709 Posts: 3
    Hi everyone, not checked here for a while, great news to see the total over £4000. Check out this month's MBR, as part of a series of routes up real mountains, they did Snowdon. Sounds like it was a week or two before our event as there was lots of snow at the top. They descended via the Snowdon Ranger Path, what about that if we do it again?
    2004 Kona Cindercone
    2005 Kona King Kikapu
    2008 Kona Kula Supreme