Cars

Comments

• jacktheoc
    jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
    Pete236 wrote:
    If I'm pushed or the weather is too foul I use my sisters' V reg Cora. If there's no salt on the roads (like there is now :( ) then its out and about in a 1973 MG Midget :) not the quickest, prettiest or most practical thing around, but its a hoot in the corners! A roundabout in the rain - nothing to beat it for tail out fun!

my dad restores and breaks midgets and mgb's :) he has a white 1973 midget on ebay now, runs out tomorrow night. he also has 2 mgb roadsters getting restored and a mgb :) and has a triumph stag for when the suns out. 8)
  • Neilio
    Neilio Posts: 60
    Ive got an mx5 at the moment :oops:

Used to have a pulsar 300bhp, 0-60 in 3.9 seconds with a broken conrod.

Getting another pulsar at the end of this month 8) then onto an evo.

Jap crap all the way
    Kona Caldera 08, hope, easton, SLX parts.

Kona Kilauea carbon, deciding spec.
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    Ive owned 12 classic Minis in my time,a few Fords,and a few Vauxhalls.

Currently we have an MG ZR and this Aircooled 1983 VW T25 Transporter .(The bike bus)

normal_camp3.jpg

normal_camp2.jpg
  • Matteeboy
    Matteeboy Posts: 996
    Neilio wrote:
    Ive got an mx5 at the moment :oops:

Used to have a pulsar 300bhp, 0-60 in 3.9 seconds with a broken conrod.

Getting another pulsar at the end of this month 8) then onto an evo.

Jap crap all the way

I tested the Evo IX FQ360 and seriously considered buying one - it was rather quick :D
    Two Stumpjumpers, a Rockhopper Disk and an old British Eagle.

http://www.cornwallmtb.kk5.org
  • jjojjas
    jjojjas Posts: 346
    a volvo v70 and a Golf TDI at the moment.........none of which really inspire me to be fair :lol:
    it looks a bit steep to me.....
  • Itsari
    Itsari Posts: 346
    I did have a Toyota Surf...I loved that truck...Managed to blow it up though -.-

Now I roll in a 2.5 Pajero
  • D4MJT
    D4MJT Posts: 12
    There's some cool cars in here :D

Self confessed petrolhead here too, I bought my first car when I was 19, a 1992 Jaguar XJ6 for the princely sum of £700, it was great fun, and very different to everything my friends had. Recently, I've just sold my car, and I've no plans for getting another just yet, but my last one was a 1991 Range Rover Classic 3.9, took me ages to find a manual. It was great fun, go anywhere, pull anything.

I've also had a 1998 Daimler V8, a 1988 Daimler 3.6, and an automatic 1991 Range Rover Vogue 3.9.

I'm loving not paying for petrol!
  • KonaMike
    Played with the Rust Bus a bit on the weekend getting it ready for lots of biking trips this summer !! Got the Whitewall tyres fitted too 8)

011.jpg

003.jpg
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    I used to be nuts about cars.In my early twenties I was heavily into air cooled VWs,and more recently before we had kids,we had several Alfas including a Spider,(hence the name).

Since we have 3 kids ,we now have a 2003 Ford Galaxy. :oops:

With the number of speed cameras,amount of traffic and cost of motoring these days,my interest is dwindling,though I have to say,I still buy the car mags occasionally if it fetaures a new supercar on the cover. :wink:
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • KonaMike
    I know what you mean,Ive been a car nut since I was 15 but lately I am finding the cost outweighs the pleasure :? My VW bus has the added use of bieng a great bike transporter so its staying for now but I'm not getting any more 'Projects' for a while.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    yeh, looking maybe next year to sell my ibiza, and maybe get a VW transport or something for all the bikes and camping trips im doing currently
  • KonaMike
    It is very useful plus it can double as an Ambulance when I take the scenic route at Cwmcarn :roll:
  • Big Shoes
    Big Shoes Posts: 131
    I drive a 300 bhp Subaru Impreza WRX, 0-60 in 4.9, amazing car. 8)
    Full Susser - GT I-Drive XCR 5

Hardtail - GT Aggressor XC 2

Road Bike - GT GTR Series 4
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    Big Shoes, flash motor, have you something to hide? :wink:
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • I have a scoob too..

Except its a Forester, 2.0NA, not exactly quick. But takes my surfboards, camping, bikes etc and gets me to the ski fields and back.

used to have an RX8, sweet car.
  • KonaMike
    The RX8 is a stunning car,one of our customers drives one,although he has spoilt it a bit with Viper stripes :roll:
  • Yeah was a great motor, mine was one of the first in the UK, miss it a lot but didnt want to take it with me to NZ.
  • abbots_mike
    abbots_mike Posts: 280
    here's mine, Corsa 1.2 SXi. Drives nice (from the little i've done) but needs work

pbpic2057344.jpg
    pbpic2057496.jpg

only slight hitch is i'm not old enough to drive it yet :(
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    KonaMike wrote:
    The RX8 is a stunning car,one of our customers drives one,although he has spoilt it a bit with Viper stripes :roll:

Tested one of these when I got the Golf (R32) - really sweet handler but SO bad on fuel and poor on torque.

Also tested the S3, 350Z, Focus RS and some other fast hatches/small coupes - all great fun!
  • shadey
    shadey Posts: 19
    I have a (bmw) mini cooper s & a astra van.. looking to change soon
  • Surf-Matt
    A good time to utterly nail car dealers at the moment - any less than 15% off, just walk away.
  • lexiekay
    lexiekay Posts: 379
    I just got bought my first ever car! A fiat punto active hatchback... I havent seen it yet, but looking forward to my first spin :D
  • Chaka Ping
    Chaka Ping Posts: 1,451
    Honda Prelude, fifth gen - the Saga lout's coupé of choice.

Can just about get a bike in the boot if I remove both wheels, seatpost and pedals.

Probably replacing with a sensible estate this year though.
  • Megatron-UK
    Megatron-UK Posts: 91
    1993 Porsche 911 Turbo

Not practical or economical in the slightest! :lol:

I usually borrow one of the parental units cars if I need to carry anything.
    Kona Dawg Deluxe ('07)
    Kona Lava Dome ('95)

Losing weight and (slowly) getting fitter...
  • oily67
    oily67 Posts: 24
    A 1.9 dCi Grand Scenic 7 seater ......... there's 5 of us :roll:

Fold the back seats down and just chuck the bikes in :D
    2008 Rockhopper

2009 FSR XC Comp
  • Surf-Matt
    1993 Porsche 911 Turbo

Not practical or economical in the slightest! :lol:

I usually borrow one of the parental units cars if I need to carry anything.

Very nice! Any pics?

Do like the 993 shape the most out of the 911s (although the 997 is pretty nice too -996 was minging).
  • Megatron-UK
    Megatron-UK Posts: 91
    1.jpg
    2.jpg

This is the 964 [91-94], it came after the original 930 [last one in 88] and before the 993 [95-98] and was the last 911Turbo to have a big single turbo and rear wheel drive. Mine's the 3.3 engine version of which there were a couple of hundred made for the UK, there is a much rarer 3.6 version made only in 93-94 and there are less than 80 of them, making them very sought after.

I think the 993 shape was probably the pinnacle of the 911 body. Fantastic looking car in the widebody version.

I think they saw the error of their ways with the 996 and 986 (Boxster) models with the 'fried egg' headlights :wink:
    Kona Dawg Deluxe ('07)
    Kona Lava Dome ('95)

Losing weight and (slowly) getting fitter...
  • clarkson
    clarkson Posts: 1,641
    Yeah was a great motor, mine was one of the first in the UK, miss it a lot but didnt want to take it with me to NZ.

you had an rx8??! nice!! what was it like?

my brothers just gone and bought a 96 range rover. 4.4 V8. nice. its a bit of a beast!!
    I said hit the brakes not the tree!!

2006 Specialized Enduro Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3192886/

2008 Custom Merlin Malt 4
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2962222/

2008 GT Avalanche Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3453980/
  • clarkson wrote:
    Yeah was a great motor, mine was one of the first in the UK, miss it a lot but didnt want to take it with me to NZ.

you had an rx8??! nice!! what was it like?

Ace! For £22k and something that'll seat 4 I dont think you can buy a better drivers car, probably not untill you get up to the RS4 or something.

Incredibly well balanced, decent power if you know how to use the revs, RWD etc, decent level of kit.

If I hadnt needed the 4 proper seats though I would have been after something else, 996 C2S or something - borrowed one of those for a few weeks last year, faster than the RX8, used less fuel, practical for a 2+2 and I dont mind older cars (current one is 10 years old). Only thing is I dont know what the 911 is realy like pushed to the limits (dont do that with a brothers nice car hehe).
  • punctureboy
    punctureboy Posts: 217
    got an mg zr td 120+
    its great fun to drive, and fairly happy with economy for how nippy it is. hate the fact that its a nightmare to get parts for now. can just about squeeze my bike in with seats down, but i'm on a quest to find a bike rack that fits it without needing a tow bar.