what is your best bike?

wildmoustache
wildmoustache Posts: 4,010
edited December 2007 in Workshop
we all like to argue about bikes on this part of the forum, with some pretty sweet insults being traded when I suspect most of us should be working ... but what do you actually ride... what's YOUR BEST BIKE????

Comments

• LeighB
    LeighB Posts: 326
    Giant SCR4, not the most exotic kit but good enough for me.
    At the moment riding fixe for winter.
  • HarryB
    HarryB Posts: 197
    New Pinarello Prince Carbon with Campag Record/Chorus and Mavic Ksyrium ES wheels. Fanfriggintastic!!!!
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    HarryB wrote:
    New Pinarello Prince Carbon with Campag Record/Chorus and Mavic Ksyrium ES wheels. Fanfriggintastic!!!!
    After forking out that much, why did you not get some decent wheels? 8)
    Where did you get it from in the end?
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Prorace scandium/carbon frame with a mixture of Centaur and Veloce.
  • willbevan
    willbevan Posts: 1,241
    hmm road bike:

BTwin sport 2 Limited - 169 english pounds ;)

or mountain bike

A second hand

Trek Fuel 80 (2006) <-- not a bad bike actually :D
    Road - BTwin Sport 2 16s
    MTB - Trek Fuel 80
    TT - Echelon

http://www.rossonwye.cyclists.co.uk/
  • BH Carbon Classic, full Dura Ace - the wheels depend on my mood but either Open Pro on Dura Ace LF front and power tap rear with GP 4000s , or Rolf Vigor wheels with Veloflex Pave tyres.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Pinarello Prince carbon, full Chorus gruppo and Fulcrum Racing 0 wheels.
    My pride and joy!
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Mine's nowt to shout about really, just a pimped 2006 Allez Sport.

I've allocated upto two grand for something a bit tastier early next year.
  • System_1
    System_1 Posts: 513
    Kinesis Racelight KiC2, Ultegra 10spd, Thomson post and stem and Planet X 32 hole handbuilts.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    <
    2005 Ellsworth Distance. My 1998 Schwinn S-20 got 'nicked' (I hope that's right) and I claimed it on household insurance. It rolled out of my basement by itself. They gave me the original price, $1295, plus $1100 appreciation and then another $800 for who knows what so I snagged a frame and stuck a ton of stuff on it. Came out to $2960.40. Call it 3 grand, US. Thank you State Farm. 'Had to send a copy of the sales slip.
  • colint
    colint Posts: 1,707
    De Rosa Avant, Full Record Carbon, Biomorphe bars, Time Monolink Stem, ES Wheels.
    Planet X N2A
    Trek Cobia 29er
  • specialized tarmac with cinelli rams, full capag record and ksyrium es wheels. Its also my commuter and winter training bike :oops:

Gats
  • My current best bike is a Bianchi Alu-carbon with full Veloce groupset and Fulcrum Racing 3 wheels. Hoping to get a Wilier Iozard Pro early next year :)

Currently on my winter bike - Ribble alu frame with a mixture of Mirarage and Xenon
    Flying Scot? You must be joking!
  • HarryB
    HarryB Posts: 197
    HarryB wrote:
    After forking out that much, why did you not get some decent wheels? 8)
    Where did you get it from in the end?

Got it from Westbrook Cycles, Stokesley near Middlesbrough. Excellent service. Great shop and nice people to deal with.

What's wrong with the wheels? What should I have gone for?
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    Planet X Full Carbon only had it a month its stunning! Love it :D
  • Doom
    Doom Posts: 133
    edited November 2007
    what's YOUR BEST BIKE????

BMC SLC01 in naked carbon, full dura ace and Mavic Cosmic Carbone's. Love it very proud.
    FCN: 4
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    Pinarello Prince, record and Lightweight Standards. It's served me well, but am awaiting delivery of new Prince Carbon.
  • kilo
    kilo Posts: 174
    Roberts steel road bike, Columbus tubing with S&S couplings in a Bianchi like blue, Shimano Dura-ace kit with open pro's on dura-ace hubs. Best birthday present I've ever received :D
  • Doom wrote:
    what's YOUR BEST BIKE????

BMC SLC01 in naked carbon, full dura ace and Mavic Cosmic Carbone's. Love it very proud.

Doom - Sweet - I also have the BMC SLC01 in naked carbon, full D/A but I have some Reynolds Dv46 wheels on mine.

Top machines aren't they.
  • rjeffroy
    rjeffroy Posts: 638
    Lot of Pinarellos here...I'm another...

Pinarello Carbon Paris, full Record, Campag Boras:

1433995919_d28c192d64_m.jpg
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    My 'best' bike is a Turner 5-Spot with RC40s, Mavic tubeless rims on Hope hubs and RaceFace, X9, Thompson and Easton bits hanging off it...

Although this may be the wrong forum for that...

I've got a Cannondale six13 with a Centaur / Record mix and Zonda wheelset which is also lovely!
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    My favourite bike is a Halfords Carrera Virtuoso, with the sub-sora 2200 groupset.

I've destroyed the wheels that came with it, aswell as a few other parts, but the frame keeps on going.

Planning on getting a campag equipped bike next spring, but also want to upgrade the groupset on the Carrera as I find it really comfortable (albeit heavy).
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    My 'best' bike is a Turner 5-Spot with RC40s, Mavic tubeless rims on Hope hubs and RaceFace, X9, Thompson and Easton bits hanging off it...

Although this may be the wrong forum for that...

I've got a Cannondale six13 with a Centaur / Record mix and Zonda wheelset which is also lovely!

Not at all. I had a Turner (6 pack), lovely bikes.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,592
    My best bikes are in my sig:

Felt F70 - 105 throughout, carbon rear stays and forks - in bright YELLOW!

Has a carbon seatpost, and a nice superlight Felt seat purchased by myself.
    Have also bought/fitted new narrower 42cm bars, and Cinelli gel tape.

Marin Palisades Trail - Alu frame, Manitou forks are the weakest link, but will change these at some point, Deore groupset, Hayes Hydraulic disks - supposedly not the best, but suits my needs fine.

Have added some gorgeous carbon bar ends, lovely lovely bike :D

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Doom
    Doom Posts: 133
    celbianchi wrote:
    Top machines aren't they.

Absolutely awesome. Stand out ride quality and climbs like a dream. Best of all is that there aren't a lot of them out there!!
    FCN: 4
  • SDP
    SDP Posts: 665
    Frame : Giant TCR anodised (L) .all frame bolts Ti or Alu
    Fork Easton SL Aero carbon
    H/set FSA & carbon spacers & extralite top cap & ulrastra expander
    Bars 3T less XL 46cm
    Stem Oval R700 (R900 upgrade kit carbon & ti bolts ) 12cm
    Tape specialized phat wrap & deda carbon plugs
    Saddle Specialized Toupe Team
    S/pin Ritchey 350mm WCS carbon & Ti Bolts
    B/cage Elite patao carbon
    Cables : shimano
    wheels Mavic open pro ceramic/TUNE hubs/mavic ti skewers/Cxray spokes 32h(3x)
    Cassette KCNC 12-25 alloy
    Tyres : GP4000s chilli 23mm
    Tubes conti supersonic 650c tubes
    Chain KMC X10 SL
    Pedals Look Keo HM carbon
    R/mech Dura ace 10 ( ti bolts &SRP alu pivot bolt & fibrelyte carbon cage plate& kcnc ceramic lower pulley )
    F/mech DA10 ( ti bolts & ti frame bolts )
    Brakes DA10 ( ti bolts & pivots )& swissstop green pads
    Sti DA9
    B/brckt SABB
    Cranks Dura ace 10sp 175mm
    Rings Stronglight CT2 Ceramic 50t & TA hegoa 39 & SRP alu bolts
    Computer cateye strada wireless

all up ..just over uci limit ..not bad for a Large ALU TCR with 32h wheels :-)
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Serotta Mei Vici with neutron wheels (carbon hubs) and Chorus gruppo. Does exactly what I need and with style.
    M.Rushton
  • BH Carbon Classic with full Ultegra Groupset, carbon post/stem/bars. Got some Paul Hewitt Open Pro's with Ultegra hubs. She's a beauty, only ridden a couple of times due to seasonal factors! Now riding the Giant SCR 3 into the ground!
  • Lagavulin wrote:
    Mine's nowt to shout about really, just a pimped 2006 Allez Sport.

I've allocated upto two grand for something a bit tastier early next year.

good to hear it Lagavulin. you've lost it mate haven't you :lol:
  • powenb
    powenb Posts: 296
    I've a Scott CR1 Pro, with Bontrager finishing kit, now upgraded to full Dura-Ace and by christmas it will have the new Dura-Ace carbon/alloy clincher wheelset to. :wink: