New petition. Ban speedophiles.

rothbook
rothbook Posts: 943
edited June 2007 in Campaign
A response to Small Pith's
petition. (ok this would never happen, but a response is needed).

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/BanSpeeders/

Comments

• linfordlunchbox
    linfordlunchbox Posts: 4,834
    I think you already have had your response Martin !

"I\'d clean my car with a baby elephant - if I had a baby elephant !"
  • mjones
    mjones Posts: 1,915
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rothbook</i>

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Indeed LLB. The pro-speed lobby have scored a great propaganda victory with witty responses such as these:

# What a tosspot
    # Are you having a laugh?
    # safespeed.org.uk/rttm.html
    # dandan lycraman
    # you sad little nazi
    # Godwin
    # worrapillock
    # Alan Quaida Numbnuts
  • linfordlunchbox
    If you attack their ideals, can you expect anything less than contempt ?

• The Bosscp
    The Bosscp Posts: 647
    Do you think the downing street petition website is a place for childish retaliations against petitions you don't like?

Anyhow thanks for including the address of the petition you don't like in your title, thus enabling me to promptly sign it.
  • Jaded
    Jaded Posts: 6,663
    The Boss,

Do you think the downing street petition website is a place for childish retaliations against law enforcement equipment you don't like?

--
    <font size="1">[Warning] This post may contain a baby elephant or traces of one</font id="size1">
  • dondare
    dondare Posts: 2,113
    Considering how much longer Blankety Blank's petition has been running, the number of motorists compared to the number of cyclists, and the strength of feeling motorists have about speed cameras; it's not that much further ahead. Every day the gap closes and it's even possible that the Highway Code petition will overtake the speed camera one before the deadline.

Baby elephants? Pah!!
    This post contains traces of nuts.
  • Mister Paul
    Mister Paul Posts: 719
    do the SSers not realise that posting comments like that just removes more legitimacy from them?

That, plus the increasingly rushed and wasted comments Mr Smith gives on a daily basis, and I'll give them a year. I call it the death rattle.

Keep it up boys! Then we don't have to bother.

• linfordlunchbox
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mjones</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rothbook</i>

Indeed LLB. The pro-speed lobby have scored a great propaganda victory with witty responses such as these:

# What a tosspot
    # Are you having a laugh?
    # safespeed.org.uk/rttm.html
    # dandan lycraman
    # you sad little nazi
    # Godwin
    # worrapillock
    # Alan Quaida Numbnuts

Not forgetting

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Spindrift smells of wee<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> [:D]

"I'd clean my car with a baby elephant - if I had a baby elephant !"

• The Bosscp
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jaded</i>

The Boss,

Do you think the downing street petition website is a place for childish retaliations against law enforcement equipment you don't like?
    No, I don't think it is. That's why I haven't ever created any such retaliatory petitions on it.
  • Jaded
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by The Boss</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jaded</i>

The Boss,

No, I don't think it is. That's why I haven't ever created any such retaliatory petitions on it.

did you sign the Speed Camera one?

--
    <font size="1">[Warning] This post may contain a baby elephant or traces of one</font id="size1">
  • The Bosscp

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by The Boss</i>

The Boss,

--
  • The Bosscp

The Boss,

I signed
    http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/scrapcam/
    , not that I think it will make any difference to anything however. I did it mainly to annoy rothbook.
    I didn't sign http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/BanSpeeders/ however as it's just petty and immature.
  • The Bosscp
    Just because I signed it doesn't mean I agree with its creation, all it says is that I agree with the issue it's been created in aid of. In other words, I agree with the content of that particular petition, I just don't agree with the medium of petitions in general.
  • Jaded
    The Boss was asked:

"Do you think the downing street petition website is a place for childish retaliations against law enforcement equipment you don't like?"

The Boss said:

"No, I don't think it is."

The Boss said:

"I signed http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/scrapcam/"

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

--
  • bliarout
    bliarout Posts: 153
    I'll say one thing for that Spindrift character, he certainly keeps us petrol heads amused. I can't wait to see who signs next [:D]

Keep up the good work!
  • The Bosscp

The Boss was asked:

"Do you think the downing street petition website is a place for childish retaliations against law enforcement equipment you don't like?"

The Boss said:

"No, I don't think it is."

The Boss said:

"I signed http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/scrapcam/"

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Merely signing a petition doesn't really amount to a retaliation. Anyhow like I said I only did it to annoy rothbook.
  • magnatom
    magnatom Posts: 492
    Anyhow like I said I only did it to annoy rothbook.

Sorry to butt in on this 'conversation' but The Boss/Bonj/whoever, Thats the sort of childish thing a 6 year old would say. If that was your motive that's a bit sad.
  • rothbook
    120 mph on a A road is safe for a competent driver:

'Boy racer' head teacher jailed

A head teacher found guilty of dangerous driving after a collision left another driver in a wheelchair, has been jailed for 15 months.
    Paul Davies, 51, was said to have driven at 120mph, colliding with a car driven by Kelvin Palmer on the A465 Heads of the Valleys road in May 2006.

The judge at Newport Crown Court described Davies has "having the mentality of a boy racer".

The court heard he would lose his job as head of Cwmdare Primary School.

Davies had denied dangerous driving at a trial at Merthyr Crown Court and denied the claim that he had driven at 120mph (200kmph).

At the end of his trial in May, Davies was given an immediate driving ban by Judge Stephen Hopkins, who also told him he had "effectively destroyed" the life of Mr Palmer and his family.

A jury had heard how Davies's Subura Impreza collided head on with Mr Palmer's Ford Fiesta in wet and windy conditions.

Flipped over

Witness Emma Able had told the court she thought Davies had been travelling at "100 to 120 mile an hour" before the collision which involved a total of four cars.

Mr Palmer's car flipped over and ended up roof down on an embankment.

The father-to-two was trapped upside down.

He suffered a fractured pelvis, a fractured shoulder, broken ribs, internal abdominal injuries and spine and serious leg injuries in the crash and was in hospital for 10 months.

Respite care

He is still being cared for in respite care 30 miles away from his family because disabled facilities were not in place.

At the original hearing Judge Hopkins criticised the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) and police for making a "pig's ear" of the case.

He said it was "outrageous" that at one time the case was discharged by magistrates.

If it had not been for the insistence of Mr Palmer, it would not have come to court at all, said the judge

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/6709311.stm

Unbelievable a magistrate was gonna dump the case!
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    What I love is the standard of reply - as usualthe maturity, reasoning and validity are to be admired.

<b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • rothbook
    Intellectual giants, speedophiles, aren't they?

Cleverly, they're posting abuse.

Not so cleverly, it's bumping the votes, twenty and rising.

ROFLMA!!!!
  • Mister Paul
    Why hasn't Smith banged out a PR and had a response printed in this story?

• The Bosscp
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by magnatom</i>

Anyhow like I said I only did it to annoy rothbook.

Sorry to butt in on this 'conversation' but The Boss/Bonj/whoever, Thats the sort of childish thing a 6 year old would say. If that was your motive that's a bit sad.

Oh right. But creating a petition merely to disagree with another petition ISN'T childish?
  • Mister Paul
    Tee Hee!

Smithy has got what he wanted at long last! He's found an excuse to ban me! Months of frustration because he knew he couldn't just ban me for disagreeing with me, and now this-

http://tinyurl.com/ytgc9v

Now he's only got the devil left on his shoulder.

What fun.

[:)]

• rothbook
    PR Issued 16.31 1.6.7.

Dear Sir

I am a road safety expert although my qualifications and training on the subject are a closely-guarded secret. I run a free and open forum (unless you disagree with me, natch) upon which police officers - you can tell they are police officers because they have an avatar and everything.

Anyway this petition:

Is a travesty and a farce. I have coloured in a pretty graph to prove it. Please put my name in your paper because it gives me a little stiffy every time.

Small Pith- World Famous Road Safety Expert.
  • bliarout

ROFLMA!!!!

Bloody murdering cyclophiles...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01735.html
  • Pingucp
    Pingucp Posts: 4,991
    Please put my name in your paper because it gives me a little stiffy every time.
    <font color="purple">That'll be the "Arousal/Performance bell-curve" mentioned in the SS thread [?]</font id="purple">

<hr noshade size="1"><center><b><font color="green">Wear the fox hat.</font id="green">
    <font size="1">Cols d'cosse</b></font id="size1"></center>
  • rothbook
    Hilarious, disagree with Small Pith and get banned!

That's a sure sign of someone confident with their argument alright.

That's why Pith no longer posts here or on any other forums than his nest of sycophants.

His argument collapses and he gets in a huff, the poor darling.
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BliarOut</i>

ROFLMA!!!!

I think the amount of stories of motorists killing pedestrians might outweigh the cycling ones! Allied to the fact that you had to look as far afield as the US.

How many boards would the Mongols hoard if the Mongol hordes got bored?
  • bliarout
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TheJollyJimLad</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BliarOut</i>

ROFLMA!!!!

I think the amount of stories of motorists killing pedestrians might outweigh the cycling ones! Allied to the fact that you had to look as far afield as the US.

Nope, just grabbed the first thing that Google threw up. I can't be arsed to put much effort into annoying Spindrift TBH but I do like to have the odd dig now and again [:D]

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    Loved the fact that PS is boasting about commenting on Portsmouth's 20 mph limits.

Has he ever been to Portsmouth?
    Is he a stakeholder in these decisions?
    The locals WANT these limits, he simply wants to be able to speed on their roads.

Edited -

PS: I see the promised audience on the BBC news didn't occur.

I hope it wasn't because of a complaint about the suitability of such an interview with someone who advocated using the details of dead people to avoid fines, altering number plates and getting other people to take our points.

(Unattributed Trad.)
    (Unattributed Trad.)