Aldi - Whaddaya get?

Comments

• 1xshorts, 2xsocks, 2xframe bag, 2xcomputer, 1xjersey, 1xunderwear, 1xbottle.

Ed

GT MTB
    SCR2
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    1 pair gents shorts, 1 pair ladies shorts, 1 helemet, 2 pairs mitts, 1 pump, 1 helmet, 2 pairs undies, 1 pair socks, 1 water bottle. Good natured ruck, helmets were going well. Sun glasses and locks expected in on sunday.

~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • TomF
    TomF Posts: 494
    Central Manchester store. Maybe only 5 itewms of clothing left at lunchtime, but I bought 2 of them (both gilets).

Lots of helmets and massive gel saddles, though.
  • i got to the southampton branch at about 9.20. got 2 s/s shirts, a Gillet (went for the extra large which i think is for tall people as the bottom of the back is very low on me) and 3 pairs of the socks. all for œ22. not bad i thought as i was considering buying a new top in an LBS and the cheapest one there was œ24!

i used one of the tops and the gillet on a 28 mile ride this pm. it was windy and rained for the last 6 miles but the gillet worked really well; i was wet but warm![:D]

Wot, get up early and ride to work.... are you mad?
  • What the arm warmers like? Looked a bit baggy on the picture.
  • John J
    John J Posts: 1,097
    2 x shorts, gloves, socks.

I like the gloves. The socks are very thin and nowhere near as good as the running ones they had last year. I'm undecided about the shorts - will have to see what they're like on the bike.

There were plenty of shirts, jackets, socks, etc. but there was not many shorts left at the Kings Lynn store tonight.

<hr noshade size="1">Wobbly John
    <font size="1"><font color="red">If it ain't broke - Fix it 'til it is </font id="red"></font id="size1">[;)]
    http://xntrick.co.uk
    <hr>Wobbly John
    <font><font>If it ain\'t broke - Fix it \'til it is </font></font>[;)]
    http://xntrick.co.uk
  • peejay78
    peejay78 Posts: 3,378
    some bratwurst, a few cheap courgettes and loads of pickled vegetables.

winter: http://tinyurl.com/2xkbbs
    summer: http://tinyurl.com/2hsagv
  • Mister Paul
    Mister Paul Posts: 719
    3 pairs socks (got them last year, very good)
    1 pair underwear thingies. Not as substantial padding as the Endura ones, but not œ15 either.

• Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by derosa</i>

Nowt. Didn't waste me time or money going.

Big H

3 Grand Bike, 30 bob legs!
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

yet you waste your time telling us - strange [;)]
  • onurbike
    onurbike Posts: 287
    Got to Old Kent rd at lunch time (12.30) and was disappointed about the clothes they have left, just managed to get the last pair of shorts in large size, 2 pairs of gloves and a water bottles.

Baby elephants are faster than some riders from.... http://www.spokesgroup.com/
    Baby elephants are faster than some riders from.... http://www.spokesgroup.com/
  • photojonny
    photojonny Posts: 382
    There were quite a few tops left in the York store at 5pm, but only in small and large. I got a large blue top and some socks. I only really wanted the sunglasses, but (along with locks) they won't be in until the weekend.

I also tried on the gillet and found the XL to be too small, whereas I'm usually a medium on top. Strange sizing.

where there's two wheels, there's a way....

where there's two wheels, there's a way....
  • Rutherglen store at 8.45 and there were a dozen folk in front of me. Got a gilet, shorts (wore tonight - very mesh-like...almost see through), 2 x socks, arm and leg warmers and some luxury caramel shortcake. Totally agree bout the weird sizing this year - originally got the medium gilet (been medium in Aldi clothing since they started) but fortumately tried it on after the checkout and it was wayyyy too small - swapped for a large which is still a bit neat but ok. Was very disappointed in the quality of the s/s shirts so left them alone (but then, for œ4.99 what was I wanting?)
    No glasses here either...thankfully. I have far too many pairs, but cant resist them when they're on sale...best bargain of the lot imho.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur
    Gabba Gabba Hey
  • I want some of the sunglasses!! Have to see if they're in on the weekend...

Got a jacket, some tops and gloves. The quality is great. Especially considering the price. 7.99 for a jacket that would cost 20 elsewhere at least.
  • Anyone know how reliable the info is about the sunglasses coming on Saturday?

http://lifeonthetube.blogspot.com/
  • kev2b3
    kev2b3 Posts: 159
    clothing sizes a bit on the strange size, made for hobbits i think
  • PhilofCas
    PhilofCas Posts: 1,153
    a waterproof (2000mm Hh)jacket œ7.99 and a gilet œ6.99, does this not reinforce the fact that other company's clothing is over-priced ?
  • dbg
    dbg Posts: 846
    I wonder if Joe Sacco bought anything?...........

He was an awfully big marine
  • edwardvarla
    edwardvarla Posts: 121
    I couldn't go yesterday, so went to the Runcorn branch at lunchtime today with very little hope. They still had the full range in all sizes. Runcorn not particularly famous for the being full of athletic types.

Edward
    (2xtops, 2xgloves and computer < œ20)
  • Wow, I mean wow!

I had no idea abotu Aldi until I read this post, so I went to the one near where I work in Stevenage at lunchtime and I managed to get:

Rain jacket
    Shorts
    Gilet
    2 x pairs of gloves
    Bottle carrier (not for the bike the walking type, you know like a bum bag type thing, thought this would be ideal for London to brighton ride

Bargins!

They still had a fair few jackets left and shorts, couple of computers, loads of the pumps.

Thanks for the tip!

Si

I'm sorry but this is as fast as I can go!
    I\'m sorry but this is as fast as I can go!
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nathanb74</i>

Went to the Bexhill on Sea store and was the only person looking at the stuff. 2 Jerseys, 1 gillet and a pair of gloves. The jerseys I bought were different to that on the website

Previously Brisbane, Australia now East Sussex UK
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Seeing this, I had to pop over to Bexhill too; still loads of stuff left there. Got shorts, shirt and socks. Might go back more more shorts if they ride well.
  • tentonnehammer
    tentonnehammer Posts: 2,805
    I havent been to our local store but did hear that after an hour the local Aldi was almost sold out of cycling gear, some folk were buying it in bulk( to sell on ebay most likely), one bloke apparently bought œ400 of stuff but a little later the shelves were restocked so anyone going and finding nowt might be advised to ask the staff if there is any stock waiting to be brought out, someone I know did this and thats when they refilled the shelves so to speak and she was able to get everything she was after, excluding sunglasses.
  • Aidocp
    Aidocp Posts: 868
    It was my wee sister's birthday last night so I doubled the trip up with a visit to Aldi's. I was suprised at 7pm they still had a reasonable selection left in my size. I got my self 2x shirts, 2x Gilet, a waterproof jacket (in yellow, I really wanted red but all they had left in my size was yellow or black [:(]), 3 pairs of socks and a cycling computer all for a tad under œ40. No sign of glasses however. I cycled to the Musselburgh store tonight and got the last red jacket in medium [8D] and a pump, It was like a bomb site though; not much left other than gloves and pumps and I had wanted to get some more shirts at that price they were perfect for commuting[:(]. There was a sign saying "Sports Glasses", although the tray was empty.

If I had a baby elephant, who would take it for walks?
  • longers75
    longers75 Posts: 214
    Got exactly what I wanted - Arm and leg warmers and computer and a couple of extras too:- Shower gel, lemon cake, 2 prs of socks, double cream, 4 pack of soap, shortbread, sausages, 2 pack dry cure bacon, peppered salami, penne, acacia honey. The damage? œ26.20! [:D]

It'll be a shame when they open up in glossop as i'll miss out on an 18 mile round trip via my grans for a brew.

<font size="1"> ~~~~~~~~~~~~</font id="size1">
    <font size="1"><i> i always wanted to cycle to work - now i want to live further away </i></font id="size1">
  • Brock_71
    Brock_71 Posts: 775
    I managed to get to ours on Friday and grabbed a couple of pairs of socks, jacket, leg warmers, two pairs of cycling underwear, a pair of shorts, two pairs of mitts. All fit well and seem great quality for double the price.
    I'm going in this morning to try for the shades which is what I was really after, having sat on my long serving 2.99 Tesco pair recently.

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">A bicycle is for life, not just for Christmas.</font id="size1">
    <hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">A bicycle is for life, not just for Christmas.</font id="size1">
  • pw1brown
    pw1brown Posts: 243
    On Thursday I got a pair of Aldi's browny-grey RUNNING trousers I thought would be perfect to keep my legs warm when cycling. My wife says they're obscene and has banished them. œ5.99 wasted.
  • They still don't have the glasses in around here (nearest store feltham).
  • Brock_71
    Still no glasses here either, I asked a shelf stacker and he said they'd seen no sign of them and had no idea where/if they were going to appear.
    To console myself I bought a handy 8 sheet touring map of Great Britain and Ireland in a nice plastic wallet book thing, 2.99. Some more cycling underwear, a running base layer, couple of aluminium bottles and a red running jacket with unzippable arms that turns it into a sort of gilet and is less sweaty than the waterproof jacket I bought yesterday. Good stuff :D

• Ferrino
    Ferrino Posts: 83
    Crikey, I tried the Aldi lycra shorts out on a ride yesterday and they were damn comfy and look pretty slick with the white stitching pattern too!!! Hoping to buy another pair! Love the mitts and jersey too - the long zip was a bonus yesterday.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    All the kit in previous years was all good stuff but fairly anonymous. Most of the stuff this year seems to have "CRANE" plastered all over the back.

Now I know I'm a cheap skate, but I don't necessarily want the whole world to know!!
  • Brock_71
    CRANE = can't really afford nice equipment??