Aldi - Whaddaya get?

Unknown
edited June 2007 in Road beginners
I was outside the Shipley store bang on 9.30 only to find it had opened at 9. Good start.[:(]

Luckily I got the last blue short sleeved shirt and a yellow jacket, mitts, long shorts and some socks, total œ22.95[:)] The shirt in particular at œ4.99 is superb, hope they re-stock.

Comments

• gpw
    gpw Posts: 42
    Already been also.... got there bang on 9..so good selection.
    2xshirts,shorts,sock,mitts and arm warmers about œ30..bargain. It was all going quick

Don't wait for your ship to come in... Swim out to it.
    Don\'t wait for your ship to come in... Swim out to it.
  • HungryCol
    HungryCol Posts: 532
    Was there at 9.15 and I got:
    2 s/s shirts (red & blue), 2 shorts (all black), 2 socks, 1 mitts (last large size), 1 yellow jacket. The shop dude was still pulling the stuff out of the boxes and they were disappearing before he had time to put them on the racks. Bit of a mele but a civilised one.

It was my first Aldi scrum and I quite enjoyed it [:)]

Oh, it all came to Euro50 (about 35 quid)... happy days...
    Every winner has scars.
  • Ferrino
    Ferrino Posts: 83
    Jersey, shorts, mitts, computer, socks. Barginz!
  • cyclinggirl
    cyclinggirl Posts: 196
    I was there at 9.05am and there were loads of people swarming around.
    Managed to get a shirt (dodgy sizes though, glad I tried it on over my t-shirt) and 2 pairs of gloves.
    Wanted some ladies padded shorts but didn't see any.
    Was well chuffed with the shirt and gloves.
  • carlstone
    carlstone Posts: 602
    Agree with cyclinggiry, dodgy sizes. Got 2 waterproof jackets To be os safe side, no way of trying them on in scrum), XL and L, L fits. Got 2 XL jerseys which are very snug but ok. XL gilet was miles too small. Medium gloves fit well. Haven't tried socks, arm and leg warmers on yet. All jerseys were gone at Accrington Aldi by 09:05 except 1 small and 1 medium. Got all of the above for œ50. Stuff that doesn't fit is going on ebay.

My bikes:
    http://www.filehigh.com/viewimg.php?f=29099&i=291574
    http://www.filehigh.com/viewimg.php?f=29099&i=317809
  • soltydog
    soltydog Posts: 47
    I did quite well. Got there just before 9 (wasn't sure what time they opened) Bit of a queue at Brid, but mainly older unfit looking folk. They all raced in for gas BBQS & there was only 2 of us after cycling gear so i missed out on a scrum [:(] Had time to try jackets on. So ended up with one jacket, 2 jerseys, 3 shorts, arm & leg warmers & 2 pairs of gloves. All for under œ50 [:)]
    Only disaapointment was they had no socks or sunglasses, so i might set off to work early this aft & try one of the Hull shops
  • evocp
    evocp Posts: 217
    Hopefully my old dear has got me a couple of pairs of shorts[:D]

Ian
    Ian
  • h4ydn
    h4ydn Posts: 12
    got there about 9.30, there werent too many people

I got mits, socks, and a computer :D

Does anyone know how often ALDI has this stuff on sale?
  • last year they had stuff about this time and some more autumnish with winter gear. they won't get more in after this lot so if you want it go now.

if i had a better signature, i'd use that instead
    riding on my bicycle, i saw a motorcrash…
  • carlstone
    carlstone Posts: 602
    Aldi tend to sell cycling gear twice a year. In spring they have summer clothing and accessories and in the Autumn they have winter kit. I can thoroughly recommend their winter cycling long sleeved jersey. Mine has lasted all winter and still has enough wear left in it for me to keep it for next year.

My bikes:
    http://www.filehigh.com/viewimg.php?f=29099&i=291574
    http://www.filehigh.com/viewimg.php?f=29099&i=317809
  • Pair of gloves for me and the better half and a couple of jerseys. Very disappointed to not find any sunglasses as I'd just broken mine this week, and that was what I really wanted to pick up. Asked one of the staff and the glasses didn't get delivered last night. He called another store and they didn't get any either :(
  • Soltydog. No glasses in Hessle store at 1030, but the guy said they'd be getting some in later in the week. I was there too late for the leg/arm warmers I wanted, but got some socks, one of the last small shirts. Hardly any shorts or underwear left. Only a few gilets left, but as much cheap kendal mint cake as you can safely stuff in a pannier.

I like Aldi
    No chain, no gain
  • My parents were told by their local store that loads of stuff wasn't delivered - they are now expecting it on Saturday instead.
  • Ferrino
    Ferrino Posts: 83
    Good point, I didn't see any signs for either the warmers or the sunglasses.
  • Arrived at 8:58 to join a long queue at Kilmarnock branch. Thankfully most were there for gas BBQ and patio heaters (there goes to Ozone layer). I got 2 tops, 2 shorts and arm/leg warmers. No glasses, like in other branches, stock did not arrive. Roll on a sunny weekend to try the stuff on.

Heh, just got back (managed to get leave) and got 2 x shorts, 2 x jerseys, 2 x socks, 2 x gloves, 1 x helment, 1 x bottle & cage, 1 x cycle computer and 1 x jacket. Under œ50.
  • 1 x jacket, 1 x jersey, 1 x baggy shorts, 1 x tight shorts, 3 x pairs of socks, 2 x briefs, 2 x underpants long, 1 x helmet. Oh, and an Aldi carrier bag. œ49.91. Well chuffed. All seems reasonably well made for the price.

"on your bike" Norman Tebbit.

"on your bike" Norman Tebbit.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    1x computer, 2x mitts, 1x seat, 1x gillet just under 21 quid for the family.
    Lycra short looked very thin and the vests colour/pattern scheme didnt appeal to me. All the sizes were still there at 12:30.

No sunglasses or spiral locks (for kids bikes) to be seen.
    Asked girl at counter and she told me the next invoiced delivery is 1st of May, so will probably be here then.
  • JMag
    JMag Posts: 17
    First time I've been to one of these ALDI sales, and I thought I would be fine arriving at nine thirty - barely any clothing left! Did manage to get a jacket and some underwear, though I'm disappointed there were no glasses. 1st May it is then!
  • Has anyone read the instructions for installing the cycle computer yet? I just read the manual that came with it and can make absolutely no sense of it at all (particularly the bit about what you attach to the spoke?!)

If anyone has had more luck, could they translate it into laymans terms for me? Thanks
  • shorts, undershorts, saddle, arm & leg warmers, socks (x2), barbeque.

sent mrs alecstilleydye and she said it was a scrum in the macclesfield store, and they were already queuing at 0855[:0]

if i had a better signature, i'd use that instead
    riding on my bicycle, i saw a motorcrash…
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Got 1 x pants, 1 x shorts and 1 x mitts. Was also disappointed not to see any sunglasses.
  • rrsodl
    rrsodl Posts: 486
    My better half and I got 3 x jackets, 3 x shorts, 3 x underwear, 3 x shirts, 2 x helmets, 3 x globes, 1 x arm warmer, 1 x computer, 1 x gillet. 9 O'clock sharp at Bournemouth store and just a few people. No sun glasses at this store either [:(]

Very happy with what we got and looking forward to the next one for the winter cycling gear [:D]
  • nathanb74
    nathanb74 Posts: 270
    Went to the Bexhill on Sea store and was the only person looking at the stuff. 2 Jerseys, 1 gillet and a pair of gloves. The jerseys I bought were different to that on the website

Previously Brisbane, Australia now East Sussex UK
  • daowned
    daowned Posts: 414
    Did any one get sunglasses?

Gallery | Bike
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Keep a lookout for the sunglasses and let us know when anybody spots a pair. Then we can all raid like a swarm of locusts.
    Seems like a good marketing ploy, save the best till last, that way we all visit the shop twice!
  • Got to the Hounslow branch at 08:05, only one other cyclist there, bought myslef 4 shirts, 3 gilets, 2 pairs of gloves & socks and a pair of shirts. They also had no glasses or leg/arm warmers.

There's a girl in a green dress
    She's got eyes like fire and lips so tame.
    She's huddled by the girl who's crying in the red dress.
    Hunger for life in this dying dying age
  • derosa
    derosa Posts: 2,819
    Nowt. Didn't waste me time or money going.

Big H

3 Grand Bike, 30 bob legs!

Big H

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
  • Jim50
    Jim50 Posts: 45
    i got 1 arm warmer, 2 bottles. Didn't see any gilets and they said the glasses were not in yet. didn't have that much cash left from the lidl cycle stuff.
  • hot rod
    hot rod Posts: 412
    pompey store
    1 gillet
    1pair socks
    and very comfy they were on this mornings ride