2024 Transfer Rumours (and confirmed signings)

1789101113»

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,157

Just a guess based on something read elsewhere but, is it true that Pog has more WT points alone this year than the whole of Ineos? Sounds right. Possibly most teams.

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • wakemalcolm
    wakemalcolm Posts: 862

I think I asked inrng a while back, if Pog was a team, where would he fare, but the answer was disappointing as there's so many pros mopping up decent points for so many minor places.

Might have changed after this year though.

================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body
  • wakemalcolm

Yes, taking PCS rankings as the measure, he comes in at a relegation threatened 17th. Needs to up his game.

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,157
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,519

If you go by the UCI rankings, then he'd rank 10th if he were a team. I think the most interesting stat is,that if you take his points out of UAE's total, they'd still be the highest ranking team.

• wakemalcolm

Agree, Hirschi's been knocking out the victories like Greipel at a parent's race on sports day.

• wakemalcolm

Milan Vader to Q36.5. Wonder if anyone will be climbing off the death star to join him?

• andyp

Mike Teunissen leaves Intermarche-Wanty to join Astana.

• r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,423

He was supposed to be going to Visma-LAB but they pulled out at the last minute apparently

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,940
    edited October 16

Surprised to see that in theory, the punchy, and a bit racist Moscon, is apparently already leaving Soudal QS for Red bull Bora - didn't see that one happening, if indeed it does of course.

This summer he was meant to be getting a 2 year contract at Soudal.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,633

He's been absolutely rubbish since he left Ineos, hasn't he? At least if anybody was expecting him to win a few races or even UCI points. Has he been doing loads of uncredited domestique work I've not noticed? For someone who was a bike change with the wrong tyre pressure away from perhaps winning Paris-Roubaix he's been next to invisible since then

Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • andyp

He's been Evenepoel's bunch pilot for most of this season. Keeps him in position and out of the wind all day.

• andyp

Rumours that Red Bull are going to co-sponsor the Tudor team, who will sign Pidcock as part of the deal. Sounds ridiculous to me, but stranger things have happened.

Quite how you decide leadership responsibilities for races that suit Alaphillipe, Hirschi and Pidcock is another matter.

• gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,582

They can work together to stay within 5 minutes of Pogacar.

"Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • daniel_b

Max Walker signs for EF.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • andyp
    edited 9:24AM

Dan McLay joins Visma-Lease a Bike.

Didn't see that one coming, great move for him.

https://www.teamvismaleaseabike.com/news/news/team-visma-lease-a-bike-welcomes-dan-mclay/

• andyp

He deserves a chance at WT level, he's been consistently strong in u23 races for the past few years.

• gsk82

Must be the leadout rider they've gone for over Tuenissen.

"Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • daniel_b
    edited 10:09AM

Great news - remember when he first came to my attention, would have been 2016 & 17, when to seemed to me he was regularly scoring top 5 finishes, and then things seemed to fizzle out.

Great to see him getting a chance at a properly big team.

Didn't realise he will soon be 33 though, so potentially, unless he Cavs it, 2-3 years ahead of him, although as a lead out, assuming that is what he is, he could well go on longer should he want to/have the form.

5 years at Arkea is pretty solid.

On a totally unrelated note, he just came to mind, Matt Walls was looking really good for Bora back in 2021, as a very capable sprinter, but his form also seemed to plateau and drop off, he's now been with Groupama for this year and next, and this year has only had two top 10's, one of which was the nationals.

I know he is a track rider as well (Didn't he end up in the crowd a couple of years ago in a horrific crash) so not sure if some focus is being given to that, although don't recall his name being mentioned at recent events, unless he's riding the Madison, or Omnium perhaps.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • gsk82

Lefevre saying Moscon left because he thought Evenepoel was going.

And a secret peloton insider had told Sporza that Pidcock is a loner at Ineos and went mountain biking in Canada at the end of last season against the teams wishes, which hacked them off.