1235»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,196

40 or 45mm cranks?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 942

Clearly 40 on the front and 45 on the back. Unless it’s a low profile with a smaller front wheel.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,268
    edited July 16

while pinno was away, beans was racing for extra treats

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno

Unlike that ^ thing, I shall make sure Beans wears suitable attire.

• pinno
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 942
    edited July 16

You misunderstood me Pinno. I was thinking more cranks on wheels Penny farthing like. As beans is probably equally strong in all paws.

• pinno

Doesn't Beans set my lovely lawn off beautifully. The picture has an ethereal feel to it. This is mainly because Beans doesn't always stand still whilst I take pictures.

In the absence of a) a suitable bicycle for Beans and b) suitable attire for said bicycle, we decided that a Jolly walk was best. First we had to negotiate a drop of golden sun...

No, all you see is not gold - it's blood sucking, flying vampire insects from hell - midges. Beans tried his best to catch a few and he was about as successful as me trying to picture him. So onwards through the elephant grass we went. It was all the way up to his ears.

...and the insect ridden, tick infested grassland was traversed until we got to... wait for it... [you'll never guess], the ditch worth studying. Which is where I left him.

• bm5
    bm5 Posts: 571

It's more fascinating than the Olympics opening ceremony!

• pinno
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,268

surely beans rides a ducati

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno

...and sails Catamaran's?

• pinno

Beans update:

Scene: late evening, Monday 26th August. Beans has had his quota of the Lidl equivalent of Dreamies. This always happens around 9pm. Like clockwork. 9.30pm ish, Beans decides to act all cute and cuddle up to me for a while but then gets impatient and tries buttering me up; rubbing his head on mine, purring, acting cute. This fails. He then decides to chew my arm off. I 'restrain' him. Big sloppy kiss on the forehead is highly ignominious to the proud pantherus maximus. I pop him down in front of his dry food dish which is replete with freshly caught Whiskers with Lamb. "That's what is on offer mate".

Beans returns not 30 seconds later to butter me up big time; playing piano and purring and then rolling on my chest as I'm slumped on the couch. ...and then when this yields nothing, decides to try chew my arm off again. I pick him up and repeat the above, except this time, as i'm walking back to the couch, he leaps on to my right leg and tries to chew that off. The little fukker has had his quota (and wormer) so I apprehend him again and turf him out.

3am, soggy Beans jumps on the bed and does the piano routine and purring only to then get jiggy with my leg! This I find inexplicable because he's had the snip. So Mrs P gets disturbed when I both lift my legs up thereby dispatching Beans to the floor and clapping my hands (this is 'no' in cat language). Beans slopes off to Shorty's room.

Many screwy looks from him this morning. Cabin fever due to the weather I guess is the cause of this rambunctious behaviour.

• pinno

Stupid owners taking their cats on holiday.

'Henry' was a large and affable black cat who did the rounds through the gardens at the back of a long terrace in Ilford. I had the pleasure of Henrys company when I was there in summer '85 at the time of the Live aid concert. My brother rented the property with 2 ex NELP students. Henry used to visit numerous houses and many laid claim to him. One couple moved to Cambridgeshire and took Henry with them.

4 weeks later, Henry returned 'home'. To think he navigated all the roads and hazards including the M25 was remarkable.