Beans walk jolly stroll adventure in pictures

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,196
    Whirring tractors and cows supressed tonight's jolly walk adventure in pictures.
    So we got to the ditch with trepidation.
    With all the distractions, our normal route went West but that was close to the road where the whirring tractors headed down the alpine way.

'Cows to the East of me, tractors to the West... stuck in the middle with you'

But we did get to the ditch worth studying. However, not the usual crossing point.
    The hedge was worth studying:

Beans is that grey patch in the middle:

I left him to it...

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    "Beansie Beans, beansie Beans... where are you?"

...and then all the bleedin cows turn up!

Best to study them at a safe distance

No Beans walk jolly stroll adventure in pictures.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,268
    pinno said:

beans selects dinner
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • wavefront
    wavefront Posts: 397
    sungod said:

pinno said:

beans selects dinner
    Steak and beans? Yum!
  • pinno

When I grow up, i'm going to be a lion.

• pinno
    Cows and rain piddled on Beans' walk jolly stroll adventure in pictures chips. Poor sausage.
  • pinno
    edited July 2023
    If 'rain' was 'cows' as in when play stops in cricket.
    Grasshopper is growing in confidence:

However, Beans and I sneaked through the field on Thursday when the bovine herd was the other side but I didn't take the camera due to the strict stealth mode deployed.
    So in compensation for the lack of activity, here's a picture of Beans lounging around and displaying all:

• pinno
    edited August 2023
    Tonight's Beans walk jolly stroll adventure in pictures is a rather simple affair.
    No fanfare, no trumpets and no red carpet but there was an elegance in its simplicity. A purity. A sort of Zen and inner stillness can be found from the plain.
    I was always told that there was no impact lost in simplicity. I have long wondered why I was told that.
    Beans took some persuasion.
    (Stand still while I take a picture else you'll be all fuzzy).

Look Beans: you are small and the cows are over there.
    (Noice fresh cowpat, all shiny in the foreground).

...and there I left Beans at the ditch worth studying.
    (Simplicity).

• pinno
    edited August 2023
    ...and now; the moment you have been wating for:

Brand new and exclusive Beans jolly walk adventure in glorious motion pictures.
    But first, a picture of one of my Begonia gone silly:

It was a casual affair with splendid happenings.

Me ambling and him with steely determination:

Off we went navigating our way through the savannah to the ditch worth studying:

One small step for Felines, one giant leap for beans.

Crossing the ditch twice: over and then back again further down to the West of the East crossing point being higher in altitude which poses it's own problems.

https://youtu.be/ploMwwwp0QU

Then we ventured to the viewing post to observe cows:

There I left him.

This weeks bonanza extravaganza is an offer to all Beans jolly walk adventure in pictures subscribers; a full size A3 poster (in colour) of Beans' @ss:

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    That last one is a treat for the avid felinophile.

Lovely begonias.
  • pinno

Lovely begonias.

They are thanks. Miracle gro once a fortnight and I have a burgundy, a yellow, a white and a red one in their infancy. So next year should be spectacular.
    That one if you're curious is a 'Relentless'.
  • sungod
    pinno said:

One small step for Felines, one giant leap for beans.

Crossing the ditch twice: over and then back again further down to the West of the East crossing point being higher in altitude which poses it's own problems.

https://youtu.be/ploMwwwp0QU

excellent leaping
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,613
    edited September 2023
    Here's a production idea for the long dead Beans' thread.
    https://youtu.be/eTb-7Gn-63o?si=xTVdUeaEwkWsg1SC
  • pinno
    The Beans thread is not dead!
    It's on standby (probably until next spring).
  • pinno
    Anyway - he's in big trouble; he killed Yellow Hammer. It was ringed. I registered the ring details and he is under investigation.
    He does not have to mew anything. But, it may harm his defence if he does not mention when questioned something which he later relies on in court. Anything you does mew may be given in evidence.
  • sungod
    beans is innocent! he's clearly been fitted up by the crows

free beans!
  • masjer
    edited September 2023
    I would like to believe his innocence, but guilty as charged. He should be made to wear a bright yellow convict jacket, to remind him of his crime.

A bird/cat tale:
    I feed a gull by throwing out the uneaten cat food on the lawn for him (yes, I know, ‘Don’t Feed the Gulls’). This arrangement has gone on harmlessly for years (15). In fact, he’s a useful dustbin. This summer he suddenly lost all his inhibitions and came closer, much closer, I mean sitting/standing right next to me close. For a gull, he’s quiet (mostly) and well mannered. In the morning, he now taps on the window for his breakfast.

Where does the cat come into it? - Muffin, a tiny 17 year old with an arthritic limp, bravely chases it off. Afterwards, she walks taller with a more youthful spring in her step.

The hero of the story.

• pinno
    sungod said:

beans is innocent! he's clearly been fitted up by the crows

free beans!

I'm afraid I am implicated as an accessory to murder. We might not see you for a while. I lied under oath.
  • pinno
    masjer said:

I would like to believe his innocence, but guilty as charged. He should be made to wear a bright yellow convict jacket, to remind him of his crime.

A bird/cat tale:
    I feed a gull by throwing out the uneaten cat food on the lawn for him (yes, I know, ‘Don’t Feed the Gulls’). This arrangement has gone on harmlessly for years (15). In fact, he’s a useful dustbin. This summer he suddenly lost all his inhibitions and came closer, much closer, I mean sitting/standing right next to me close. For a gull, he’s quiet (mostly) and well mannered. In the morning, he now taps on the window for his breakfast.

Where does the cat come into it? - Muffin, a tiny 17 year old with an arthritic limp, bravely chases it off. Afterwards, she walks taller with a more youthful spring in her step.

The hero of the story.

I had a cat called Squidgy muffin.
    An absolute star that turned up one day as a tiny, cat flu ridden black and white long hair. The vet gave her 4 to 6 weeks max initially and after 2 nights actually physically removing phlegm from her mouth and nose (she was drowning), she picked up slowly and then in no time she bossed the other 3 cats, despite being half their size.
    If they were in a comfy spot, she would send them off and grab it.

Of course, not being house trained, my mother rubbed her nose in it once and for the next week Squidgy spat and snarled at her and if she came within a foot or so, she would attack her legs.

RIP Squidgy. [She thought she was invincible and used to sometimes stand/sit in the middle of the road,, stopping traffic].
  • pinno
    You see - if you take a very bright torch and shine it into the sky, the light will attract insects and that's how you catch bats.
    Well... that's what I told Beans.

But first, a picture of my Japanese water Lilly.

This jolly walk adventure in pictures was dark. Don't let the camera fool you.

Fine for Beans but tricky for me negotiating cow pats.

Home is that way says Beans

It's handy having white patches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_8Dx3K32ZY

...and then we got to the ditch worth studying. Which is where I left him.

• pinno
    edited September 2023
    There was a moose loose aboot this hoose.

Friday PM. Beans is heard in the kitchen. The extra loud Trixie bell going like the man ringing for the final lap in his final role for the final time. This is a sure sign he's been stung on the only parts of his body available; either the exit site or the sniffing site.
    [I lead you up a garden path].
    It was a mouse he had caught and released for vicarious pleasure.

Now I have this unwritten rule: if he catches and eats (yes, Beans is now chomping the fatter one's) outside, it's fair game but mice that are caught and released in the house have to be re-captured and repatriated. I cannot dispatch a mouse. I have every respect for mice; their cleverness and dexterity.

Mrs P distracted Beans with treats and I caught this very small mouse only to drop him in the conservatory. I then caught the mouse again, in a glove (they bite and it's sore - they don't stop until their teeth meet). I then opened my hand and released said mouse in the wood pile. Except the mouse was not in my hand the sneaky rat*.
    I quickly run back to the conservatory and find mouse conveniently in the aperture of the cat flap and I open the cat flap and push the mouse out before grabbing Beans who was travelling fast to the scene. He wriggles out of my hand and the conservatory door is open so Beans shoots out, locating the mouse instantly. I grab the mouse by it's tail and pop him in the wood pile. Phew.

Saturday AM.

Big kerfuffle and hysteria in the kitchen awakes my slumber. Beans has caught a mouse and the mouse ran under the log burner. Shorty is failing miserably to catch him. (Hasn't she learnt anything?).
    I observed the mouse with a torch as he casually cleaned himself. I'm thinking to myself "i'm pretty sure that you are the same mouse that I caught last night" so I told him (or her) that he was silly and needs to learn quick.
    I place a humane mouse trap with some dark hazelnut chocolate inside and push it towards him a few inches from his nose.
    Drink coffee. Print off a letter to be sent asking for money or they will be going to the small claims court. As you do on a Saturday morning. In this space of time, I had forgotten about mouse but the end of the trap catches my eye as I take the sadly empty coffee cup to wash.

Mouse could not resist what was being offered and he very quietly went inside the rodent vessel without me hearing. So I opened it up near the woodpile. He's backwards, I can see him and now seemingly doubled in size. I guess if you were a hungry human, 2 blocks of Dark hazelnut chocolate in equivalent mouse size ratio wouldn't dwarf you but I bet you couldn't eat all of it in the space of 45 mins. Fair play to the little guy.
    I watched him wriggle backwards, fat and soporific (I presume) and not in a hurry. My presence when he popped out and blinked was of no concern to him. He ambled through a gap in the wood presumably to a long sleep ready for more shenanigans later.

*Sorry mouse.
  • sungod
    naturally i thought, eek a mouse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjWniOyZGh8
  • pinno
    That ^ is terrible.
    Where do you find this stuff?
    Can I safely presume a party at Sungods' would be a rather eclectic event?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,644
    Sunday morning cat quiz question

How many wild Polish cats are on my mother in laws porch?

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • masjer
    I think I can count 6 in total, but sensing a trick question, maybe the cat on the left isn't actually a wild cat, or possibly he's just on holiday from Belarus.
    So 5.
  • pinno
    I don't know but send me the tabby.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,049
    seanoconn said:

None, they all look pretty chilled out to me :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    pinno said:

That ^ is terrible.
    Where do you find this stuff?
    Can I safely presume a party at Sungods' would be a rather eclectic event?

you don't know eek a mouse? tbh not my favourite, prefer early years of culture, dr alimantado etc.
    seanoconn said:

awww
  • seanoconn
    masjer said:

I think I can count 6 in total, but sensing a trick question, maybe the cat on the left isn't actually a wild cat, or possibly he's just on holiday from Belarus.
    So 5.

7! Five on the right and if you look really closely, two on the left.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

None, they all look pretty chilled out to me :)
    They’ll take your food but won’t let you stroke em, buggers, and have some pretty wild parties at twilight.