Beans walk jolly stroll adventure in pictures

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,196

And the moment you have all been wating for. Da da daaaaaa!

I lied. However, the time for jolly stroll adventure in pictures is nearly upon us. I can feel the excitement building.

In the meantime, we had the banging dish conundrum. Sometimes, Beans would bang his dry food dish with his paw thereby scattering it on the floor and then eating it. Well, some of it. The rest caught an unsuspecting Shorty snooping around in the night. He doesn't do it with his wet food and the difference being that the dry food dish is deep. So I bought another shallow one and no more banging on the dish. For all you cat lovers out there, cats can develop a whisker sensitivity to the sides of a deep bowl/dish and now he's not doing it anymore, I guess that was the reason... time will tell.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,268

also good if their bowls are raised a few cm above the floor

we await jolly stroll pics

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno

Funny happenings. Beans decided that he had enough of my hedge cutting. All that racket and decided that it was a Jolly walk time. Me knackered but needs must,

Crossed the swamp. No alligators thankfully:

...and we got to the ditch which had not been studied for a long time and therefore needed much studying:

With the clocks going forward and imminent drought, we can look forward to long and dusty jolly walk adventures in pictures. Beans will be a man cat on April the 18th. He will be 3.

• masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,613

Hooray, THE thread is back!

Glad to see Beans on the plains again, doing what he does best. I hope his sensitive ickle whiskers calm down. 

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,644

My God, look at the arse on beans! What are you feeding him with??

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno

Nah - his hair was all fluffed up in excitement of the ditch worth studying and the first Beans walk jolly stroll adventure in pictures of the year.

• sungod

hurrah for beans!

• pinno

Post ride stretching followed by a new interest in Golf (mainly in Page Spinarac's fantastic swing) was delayed by a mad over keen Beans looking over his shoulder in the kitchen doorway at me expectantly. I swear he thinks he is half dog. If I have dog smells on me from people I know when I have patted them, he sniffs and sniffs. Jack used to growl.

The sun was beating down on the swamp and in the process drying it out just prior to another week of wet and windy starting Monday and ending next weekend.

So mad keen was he that I struggled to keep up. Then I found the reason - near the ditch worth studying.

Proud, purring Beans showed me his quarry.

So he settled down to studying the ditch worth studying. He's still there. Studying.

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

Poor Jerry.

• pinno

We are not short of rodents. However, he cannot discriminate between a mouse and the (diminishing national population) short tailed vole. I like voles and Harvest mice. I have every respect for them and Beans' ego seems to be undamaged by bring informed that they, unlike him, have thumbs.

• pinno

During Kathleen: snoring. After Kathleen: Action. And he was mad keen today bar the early excavation. Entirely necessary of course.

The lake and bamboo cam was triggered by the stealthy Beans

Over there: adventure:

Sorry, I meant he litter tray, Freshly dug (sort of)

First; dig:

Piddle:

Bury:

...and all the while I was explaining to our intrepid Beans that Jack would never be seen doing ablutions. He was a gentleman cat of the highest calibre. Beans has a long way to go.

And it was a long way to the ditch worth studying, across the windy wasteland marshes:

We got there nonetheless and Beans said to me "Get a sideways shot of my elegant flank and athletic appearance 'cos if that @seanoconn tw@t says i've got a fat arse again, i'll chew his good arm off". So I did:

It's worth studying that ditch.

• sungod

yes indeed, life's a ditch

hurrah for beans!

• masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,613
    edited April 21

Can't we have a POV Bean’s cam? Obviously, it would be a certificate 18 blood fest, but intriguing nevertheless.

• sungod
  • pinno
    edited April 21

Beans: Panthera maximus.

Pinno: Optimus servus

'Belarus':

A break in the monsoon prompted Beans who prompted me. It was definitely action time and the arduous task of crossing the marshlands began in spirit:

But first, prep: Pull claws

Next: chew grass

Then: survey the marsh crossing:

Beans: Pay attention - the marsh is not that way. Get back on the plan mate.

Then we proceeded on the long journey north risking death and trench feet/paws:

We got to the ditch worth studying and Beans noticed the old crow:

With the crow clocked and the marshland crossed with perfection after considered preparation, it was now time to study the ditch worth studying. Which is where I left him:

• pinno

Beans is a tw@t. Mad keen for a walk last night but there were cows in the field far far away. I held him up and he Meerkatted the scene waving his tail furiously until he decided he was safe. Then took off at 100mph (meows per hour) to the ditch worth studying until much later whence he returned wet and filthy and all over me like a (soggy, muddy) rash, purring his socks off.

• sungod

you should put his adventures on social media, could make millions

• pinno

Dunno about the 'millions' though I have thought about this quite a lot. Which media is the question.

• pinno
    edited June 20

Beans was mad keen tonight, a bit before 9.50pm - the exact point of the solstice.

Look at him go!

He went so fast, he warped the space-time continuum:

...and we got to the ditch worth studying:

But it wasn't worth studying that much because he decided the thicket was more interesting.

Which is where I left him.

• bm5
    bm5 Posts: 571

Has he come back yet?

• pinno

Oh yeah; wanting the red carpet treatment and a huge hero's return fuss plus treats. He's a bloody lunatic.

• sungod
    edited June 21

"...he warped the space-time continuum"

reminded me of the old fritz leiber story...

• pinno
    edited June 21

I got to '...mental stodginess...' and will read the rest later.

I doubt, in Beans' limited cognitive ability, that he will reach the dizzy heights of Zen like imperiousness and godlike knowing as Jack had.

• pinno

Ladies and gentlemen, tonight's episode is dedicated to the subline... and the oblique. We got within a gnats whisker of the ditch worth studying but Beans was full of pride and elevated status now that he was wearing his brand spanking new sky blue collar with a sparkly fleck and decided to go off the beaten track. Funny how I couldn't find silver ziggy stardust lightning bolts on a midnight blue. I blame Brexit.

So off we went on the round the edge of the hedgerow jolly heralding a new era of hedgerow jollies. Deeply fascinating stuff for our beans:

This new territory initiated the long study. He was quite content studying. Studying is always best when sporting a new jangly collar with the extra jangle of two bells.

So I said 'farewell Beans'

I said it again

I said it for the 3rd time without the slightest response. Looking back at this, there's a Dougal and the cows sketch ripe for somebody.

The hedgerow stirred up an unsurpassed level of concentration; more than a quadruple concentrated can of concentrated milk. Which is where I left him.

• pinno

Beans didn't quite cut such a svelte figure against the marshlands post Hotel Lime Kiln. 1 week and he comes back a Porky puss. 14 sachets of Whiskas in gravy consumed plus dried food despite clear instructions on diet.

To save Beans from ignominy, I have carefully selected photographs for this latest and exclusive Beans jolly walk adventure in pictures.

Mad keen was he and much things to explore and sniff. Who knows what mammalian traffic had ventured through the garden and in the gaps in the hedge along the length of the ditch worth studying had passed in his absence.

So first, we had to study the vast marshlands stretched before us on the observation rock and find the safest crossing point

It was tough going but this expedition was very important

Perseverance paid off but the ditch worth studying at that point seemed to be of little interest inexplicably. So we quickly moved on

..and the old crow was keeping a beady eye on us

So after a long trek of at least 37 yards to the next gap in the hedge, Beans decided that this was the very best spot to study the ditch worth studying. Which is where I left him

• sungod

reminiscent of c m doughty's travels in arabia deserta

• pinno

'Faint' would be an apt addition.

• bm5
    bm5 Posts: 571

Did you indulge on your holiday? If so then surely Beans is justified in his holiday excesses.

• pinno

That's beside the point. Does Beans own a bicycle?