2024 Transfer Rumours (and confirmed signings)

andyp
andyp Posts: 10,519

Given there are lots of rumours floating around already, especially with Red Bull coming in to take over head sponsor duties with Bora-Hansgrohe, I thought it made sense to start this thread now, rather than waiting until later in the season.

Daniel Friebe was saying on the Giro Cycling Podcast that deals are being agreed much earlier now, with April being a key month and deals being struck at the Tour are becoming less common.

Comments

• andyp

So Red Bull-Bora-Hansgrohe are rumoured to have signed two up and coming riders for next season and beyond; Groupama-FDJ's classics revelation Laurence Pithie, and VF Group-Bardiani's climbing talent Giulio Pellizzari.

Ralph Denk, the team CEO was clear in interviews over the last few weeks that the team are not looking to buy existing talent out of long term contracts but are instead focusing on finding the next superstars.

• roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 515

Ciro saying Ethan Hayter leaving Ineos at the end of the year. Not really surprised.

• andyp

Yeah, he's kind of stagnated there (as has his younger brother). Ineos don't seem to know what to do with him.

• gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,581

It doesn't help that he's constantly injured and won't ride near the front when he isn't.

"Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • andyp

He rode 47 race days in 2021, 65 in 2022, 52 in 2023 and 27 so far this year, which suggests your injury assertion is not based on reality.

• andyp

GCN are reporting that Ineos are set to sign Pablo Castrillo from Kern Pharma on a two year deal.

https://www.globalcyclingnetwork.com/racing/news/ineos-grenadiers-set-to-sign-pablo-castrillo-from-equipo-kern-pharma

• roscoe

Also that Narvaez and Arensman haven’t got new deals yet. I would have thought they would definitely staying.

• stage_hunter
    stage_hunter Posts: 309

I am becoming of the opinion that Ineos are a bit of a shit show. Rumours surrounding Tarling (J) and Pidcock (T). Also heard some words from their new head of performance which frankly, were total nonsense.

• carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,779

Finn Tarling to IPT

2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • gsk82

Radcliffe clearly doesn't want to spend his pennies. Every sports team he touches turns to s***.

"Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,247

AS Monaco are doing well. They came 2nd behind PSG in Ligue 1.

Twitter: @RichN95
  • gsk82

Monaco being geographically close to OGC Nice is a tenuous link to him.

Unless you were making a joke about his tax dodging residency.

• RichN95.

No, I got the wrong team. Nice aren't doing too badly though

• roscoe

Pidcock and Tarling are just rumours.

Pidcock’s signed until 2027. Not a surprise that he’s linked with Bora/Red Bull as he’s a Red Bull athlete.

• roscoe

Nice have improved this season, Mercedes were on the slide with the ground effect cars anyway, Man Utd were already sh*t and Sky/Ineos have been extremely unlucky with Froome, Bernal and the TGH getting seriously injured.

His philosophy is he wants to nurture talent, not just throw money at established talent.

• RichN95.

Also Ineos can point Tarling to their recent TT performances at the Giro. He'll want to be with the best tech guys.

• andyp

GCN reporting that Elisa Longo Borghini is to leave Lidl-Trek and join UAE-ADQ for the next three seasons.

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,940
    edited May 24

Surprised to read that it seems Narvaez may be going to UAE, presumably for 3 years or more.

I thought Ineos would be keen to hang onto him, but maybe he feels like he'll get more chances at UAE, though I'd be surprised.

If they do let Tarling go, I'd very much question their owners personal investment in them getting back to something approaching where they were previously.

I wonder if he is set for any GT's later this year, or maybe they consider him too young.

Having said that, it's not really like they have any chance of winning, podium maybe, so would likely be a good opportunity for him to get some less pressurised experience, though maybe the Vuelta would be better, but then there's the Olympics and the Worlds I suppose, so maybe 2025 - no idea what his personal objectives are.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • andyp

Daniel Friebe said in the Cycling Podcast for yesterday's stage that he'd been told Narvaez was off to Bahrain Victorius. Brian Nygaard mentioned the UAE rumours in response, and suggested that certain rider agents were spreading rumours on purpose.

He'll be a good addition to any team, he's had a very impressive season so far.

• daniel_b

Agreed, he's really matured as a rider, and seems to have hit a sweet spot of form, that hopefully he can return to regularly.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • wakemalcolm
    wakemalcolm Posts: 862

Looks like Lazkano will transfer to Red Bull -fan-tap which, for me, is a shame as I've loved watching him light up the cobbled Belgian classics and show strongly in the mountains this week. I doubt he'll be riding such a broad range of races or riding as much for himself next year. For him, it's probably a financial no-brainer.

================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body
  • andyp

GCN reporting that Ben O'Connor is set to sign for Jayco-Alula. It looks like Simon Yates is leaving, although his possible destination isn't clear.

• r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,423

Pauline Ferrand-Prevot to Visma Lease a Bike for 2025, 3 year deal

• daniel_b

Where ole van Baarle is of course - not suggesting that is why she got the gig I hasten to add.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,186

What a missed opportunity for Ineos; the chance to build a women's road team around PFP.....but they can't be ar5ed.

Will they replace her on the off-road team??? Unlikely.......(though there were rumours when PFP signed about also signing Evie)

All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,680

Evie would be a great fit - Team MTGB

PFP always seemed like an odd fit there although she's been one of their most successful riders

We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • daniel_b

There's nout odd about PFP thankyou very much 😍

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,186

She's very much an individual, and has had the most success when on her own, or a very small team. When at Canyon-Sram, she was run by Absalon's BMC team set up, and then transferred there, but mostly had her own people, rather than the team. Similarly at Ineos, just a small group along with Tom.......

Going to Visma is going to be a real change......

All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,779

Simon Yates to Visma LAB

2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • wakemalcolm
    wakemalcolm Posts: 862

That's kind of disappointing. One of the few GT winners still active effectively signing on to a support role.

I guess money and family security talks.

================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body