2024 Transfer Rumours (and confirmed signings)

Comments

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,633
    edited June 30

Well he's only 18 so there's a limit to how much is knowable that isn't on the cycling stats sites. He's been riding for ColoQuick this year, which is conti level. Got some Jnr wins last season. Rides a bit of cross as well. Hasn't really looked like he's pulling up trees or anything, but when ColoQuick went to Rates to train he smashed the record (Ayuso had taken it from Vingegaard shortly before, so they wanted to bring it back "home"). The story is that he was supposed to be last man of a leadout train for someone else's attempt, but they couldn't hold his wheel.

Hadn't looked incredible at TT, 12th at DK Jnr's last season, top ten at u23 this year, and then astoundingly, 8th at DK men elite this year as well, in what's always a fairly tasty field.

I guess though that if you're an 18 yr old Danish rider you get a bit overshadowed by Albert Within Philipsen and Ineos's other Dane, Theodor Storm

EDIT: Seems like I've been sleeping on Oxenberg, he was actually hired to replace Storm at ColoQuick after Ineos nabbed him. Also, 6th at LBL Jnrs in '23 is a great result

https://www.feltet.dk/nyheder/juniortalent_erstatter_theodor_storm_paa_coloquick/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,680
    edited July 1

The your of Slovenia ends and with it the career of one of the greatest, most exciting cyclists of the generation (/2010sjourno)

It is certainly tragic how much of a whimper it's been...

We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • No_Ta_Doctor

I will always remember him fondly as Peter Baguette

• m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,472

One of the very few riders who seemed to ride the bike at all speeds and around corners with the same ease others have when walking.

PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,519

Gazzetta, so Ciro Scognamiglio basically, reporting that Soren Kragh Andersen will be joining Lidl-Trek next season.

• amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,310

Cycling News tell us that Ineos have set up a development squad to find the new GT leaders

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,940

Connor swift signs a new or extended contract with Ineos until end of 2026.

Castroviejo (mr dependable) extends for one more year, likely to retire after I would have thought.

I tend to think of him in the same bracket as a Kiryienka, and maybe less so a Stannard.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • andyp

Unsurprisingly, given the season he's had so far, Stevie Williams has extended with Israel-PremierTech until the end of 2028.

• daniel_b

I wondered if other teams might have been sniffing about.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,680

Brad Wiggins transfers from Eurosport to HWMNBM's Wedu podcast...

Seems to be back to his extroverted side.

We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,391

It isn’t a good look for him coming back on social media looking like best mates with Lance. I guess he no longer really cares about perception or simply can’t afford to.

• carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,779

Good to see SBW is liking cycling again .....

Like others, i think its a shame he's keeping such company but I appreciate the reasons why. Its a bit worrying though if hes forcing all this so much to pay the bills, or whether his recent reclusive non-cycling persona is the real him? Complex.

2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,423

Hardly a new thing, pretty sure SBW has already done stuff in Mallorca with The Controversial Lance Armstrong

• daniel_b
    edited July 9

Be surprised if this podcast is that much of a payday, versus working as a pundit/man on the back of a bike at le tour - could be wrong though.

Perhaps this is more trying to strengthen his brand (disgusting language) by associating with someone who presumably has lots of followers, of which I am not one.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b

Josh Tarling extends until the end of 2027.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • amrushton
    edited July 15

Brad has always been mates with Armstrong. hinchapie is always talking with Cavendish and they were all in Majorca together.

Wiggins is also doing an episode of The Forward which is move spin off and is a 1-1 with Armstrong about the subjects career etc

• stage_hunter
    stage_hunter Posts: 309

Pretty sure Eurosport dropped him. Was he seen there after the 2022 Giro?

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,247
    edited July 16

I don't see it as being different to being associated with any other doper. ITV currently employ possibly the most high profile doper in the history of British sport for example. No-one worries about that. I guess Wiggins and other riders who weren't from that era don't see him as any difference.

In some ways Armstrong has become the Jesus of doping. He died so other sinners can be absolved of their sins.

Also, his podcast is, I think, the most listened to cycling podcast worldwide. He's probably being paid well.

Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,391

I avoid ITV coverage most of the time with Millar being among the reasons. Not because of his history but because he’s annoying.

• takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,815

He was on a motorbike for the Granon stage in 2022 (I know because that was my rest day viewing)

• No_Ta_Doctor

I don't really want to get into why Armstrong isn't really like any other doper, but that Jesus of doping comment can't go unchallenged. There are plenty of dopers from the past that are still very much kept at arm's length, or who have retreated from any media spotlight themselves. The ones that whine about how unfair it is they've been singled out while others have got away with it can take a long walk off a short pier.

• Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,329

Without knowing anything else this can either be read in a "Chris Froome unilaterally extending his contract" way, or...

• takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,815

Bob Jungels to Ineos, per Geraint Thomas on his podcast (rumour)

• gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,581
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • daniel_b

wowsas

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • amrushton

Victor to VismaLAB if it hasn't been mentioned

• andyp

For next season Ineos have a lot of younger riders, twelve under twenty five currently under contract, and another seven aged between twenty six and thirty, with just three in the thirty to thirty five age bracket. Jungels is thirty-one, has lots of experience and will be an asset as a hard working domestique.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,227

Road captain? Luke Rowe out post concussion, G with 1 more year (?) is not that sort of rider.