Giro 2024:-Stage 12: Martinsicuro – Fano, 193.0k​m ***Spoilers***

124»

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791

There was no period longer than 20 mins where nothing ebbed or changed

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,034

Would be great to see JA get back to his puncheur best against the modern front runners, having slumped a bit since his big crash a few years back.

================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • mididoctors
    edited May 16

Hope they interview Miestre (sp?)

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

Treintin is hilarious

• mididoctors
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

Would like to point out that the magic of Lefevre bollocking JA is that he gets it both ways, as he can now say "see, the bollocking worked".

Rather like the teacher who kept giving me Us for my mock papers - so I went to my favourite teacher on the side and wrote extra mock papers for him which he kindly marked and really helped me out. Didn't just get an A, got full marks - went up to tell her and she said "see, it all worked out" Grr no thanks to her.

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162

I kept going from "the chasers are messing about and need to work" to "they're definitely going to catch them now". Thought they would close more on that final climb but ultimately too many tired legs in the chase. Very well deserved win for JA, unfortunately Lefevere will see that as his 'methods' being successful.

• JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    edited May 16

I was half hoping after he won to see him strip of his jersey, chuck it on the ground and piddle on it. Stick 2 fingers in the air and walk off.

Ah well. Maybe next time

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

TBF, he gets paid to do this stuff. This is "on target" performance.

• DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031

Would be good to see him in the mix at the Worlds or Olympics. Maybe too much to hope for. His palmares is decent but maybe not quite reflective of his talent.

[Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]