Giro 2024:-Stage 12: Martinsicuro – Fano, 193.0k​m ***Spoilers***

Comments

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535

Think they're working OK together. This 10km flat is where they need to make the catch

Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

Looks like a tailwind?

• rick_chasey

Crosswind now :)

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,762

😀

• rick_chasey

Big big big peloton acceleration heading into the righthander for the crosswind.

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791

They are dying up front

One Italian hill top village too far

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • kingstongraham

This flat section isn't flat, is it? Must be agony.

• mididoctors

Peloton well split

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • No_Ta_Doctor

G3 finally caught by peloton

• N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,034
    edited May 16

From what little pro racing I've watched since getting into hill climbing (plus cycling for fitness) myself since '17 and trying to find/create all the Strava categorised hills between Winchester and South Harting (ish), I hate the pro race "artistic license" to their hill classifications, rather than a more scientific methodology to climb category allocation similar to that used by Strava.

For example, a Strava cat 4 is approx 263-524 feet climbing at at average of 3%+ gradient.

================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • rick_chasey

JA's got this.

• mididoctors

Scaroni has sat on all day

• mididoctors

Ouffffff

• mididoctors

Zpazzmofying

• kingstongraham

Very impressive ride. Didn't think he had it in him.

• mididoctors

Vome on alaphilppe

• rick_chasey

Thomas very present up front.

• mididoctors

Don't crash

• No_Ta_Doctor

I've missed Valgren, so good to see him animating

• rick_chasey

TBH when you see JA in his hyperactive state, constantly fidgeting, tightening this, on the radio that, you know he's in good shape.

• kingstongraham

Hermans settled for 2nd place

• rick_chasey

That prospect of necking a bottle of prosseco spuring JA on 😈

• mididoctors

Iake it 35 secs

• kingstongraham

He gets the full set of GC stage wins. Happy for him.

• rick_chasey

JA lucky WvA crashed in March.

• JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293

Lovely stuff 😊

• mididoctors

Awesome

• kingstongraham

A truly incredible ride - love to see it. Out in front from 138km to go!!!!

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,975

Wonder if JA will celebrate with a few drinks tonight? 😈

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.