BREGZIT (GE 2019) - Do Viking FM Still Have a Vacancy for Jo?

1114911501152115411551339

Posts

  • rjsterryrjsterry Posts: 15,286
    I'm sure there are examples predating Blair as well, but Johnson is proving to be a particularly egregious example of the trend.

    Anyway, this is an interesting development (if it comes to anything)

    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... rexit-deal
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    1980s BSA 10sp

    Liberal metropolitan, remoaner, traitor, "sympathiser", etc.
  • Robert88Robert88 Posts: 2,722
    Jez mon wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Brexiteer says we didn’t need academics to win WW2

    Says it all really. These guys are on the same mental plane as football hooligans.


    How is a random tweet by a probably fictional account news?

    Where did I say it was news? I merely thought it a good example of the mindset that placed us where we are.

    Read an article written by a despised expert then read the comments.

    It's interesting that brexitters suggest we might emulate Singapore. The only likely similarity is in the incompetence with which we lost it Ww2 to Japanese forces.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 5,302
    Latest f-wittery received this evening from the Con Jobs. This [email protected] issued in the name of the prime minister of dUK. FFS.
    Dear redacted

    Jeremy Corbyn and his followers want to ignore the result of the referendum.

    While others are losing their heads, we’re keeping ours.

    We’ll deliver Brexit by the 31st of October – no ifs, no buts.

    Because by delivering Brexit, we can finally get on with making it work.

    Investing in our hospitals, schools and police. All while growing our economy to pay for our public services.

    Deal or no deal, we’ll leave the EU by the 31st of October. So why not show your support by chipping in?

    Not only will we deliver Brexit. We’ll also defeat the gloomsters in Labour.

    Because you and I know that our country can meet any challenge.

    We invented the steam train, split the atom, codified football.

    And we created the world’s first chocolate bar. A patriotic fact I indulge in on a daily basis.


    So with your help, we’ll see off Corbyn – and send him back to his allotment to tend his marrows.

    No more self-doubt. No more delays. If you want to get Brexit done by the 31st of October, then chip in and show your support.
    I’ll donate!
    Yours sincerely,
    Boris Johnson
    Boris Johnson
    Prime Minister
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 36,382
    orraloon wrote:
    Latest f-wittery received this evening from the Con Jobs. This [email protected] issued in the name of the prime minister of dUK. FFS.
    Dear redacted

    Jeremy Corbyn and his followers want to ignore the result of the referendum.

    While others are losing their heads, we’re keeping ours.

    We’ll deliver Brexit by the 31st of October – no ifs, no buts.

    Because by delivering Brexit, we can finally get on with making it work.

    Investing in our hospitals, schools and police. All while growing our economy to pay for our public services.

    Deal or no deal, we’ll leave the EU by the 31st of October. So why not show your support by chipping in?

    Not only will we deliver Brexit. We’ll also defeat the gloomsters in Labour.

    Because you and I know that our country can meet any challenge.

    We invented the steam train, split the atom, codified football.

    And we created the world’s first chocolate bar. A patriotic fact I indulge in on a daily basis.


    So with your help, we’ll see off Corbyn – and send him back to his allotment to tend his marrows.

    No more self-doubt. No more delays. If you want to get Brexit done by the 31st of October, then chip in and show your support.
    I’ll donate!
    Yours sincerely,
    Boris Johnson
    Boris Johnson
    Prime Minister
    Leftieloon, you are a classic example of the old saying 'If you can't beat 'em, join ' em' :D
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Jez monJez mon Posts: 3,809
    Robert88 wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Brexiteer says we didn’t need academics to win WW2

    Says it all really. These guys are on the same mental plane as football hooligans.


    How is a random tweet by a probably fictional account news?

    Where did I say it was news? I merely thought it a good example of the mindset that placed us where we are.

    Read an article written by a despised expert then read the comments.

    It's interesting that brexitters suggest we might emulate Singapore. The only likely similarity is in the incompetence with which we lost it Ww2 to Japanese forces.

    You didn't say it was. But presumably the independent consider it newsworthy, given they've based an article around it..

    It's interesting that some brexiters were claiming that the tweeter was clearly a remainer just trying to make brexiters look stupid. It's interesting that remainers still find themselves powerless to ignore such stupidity.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • tailwindhometailwindhome Posts: 13,551
    EB9fM8UWsAEowwJ?format=jpg&name=large





    Corbyn being Corbyn has left some Independents out
    "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED? IS THIS NOT WHY YOU ARE HERE?"
  • cyclecliniccycleclinic Posts: 6,861
    we're screwed. Although how much harm could corbyn do in 6 weeks that has not been done already, I dont see it happening though.

    The language people are using "collabroators", "Maraxist" and all the terms to demonise makes me think democracy has failed and no longer works. I am begining to wonder is it worth voting anymore.

    Even Jo Swinson the leader of the party I am a member of is starting to sound extreme. I cant vote for extremists or people that demonise others which is how I am define extreme.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 36,382
    we're screwed. Although how much harm could corbyn do in 6 weeks that has not been done already, I dont see it happening though.

    The language people are using "collabroators", "Maraxist" and all the terms to demonise makes me think democracy has failed and no longer works. I am begining to wonder is it worth voting anymore.

    Even Jo Swinson the leader of the party I am a member of is starting to sound extreme. I cant vote for extremists or people that demonise others which is how I am define extreme.
    If you read back over many of the posts made on this thread by people who identify with the Liberal party, you will see that the Liberals have been extremist for some time by your definition.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tailwindhometailwindhome Posts: 13,551
    Corbyn rightly refusing to allow Johnson to tank the economy and the pound

    That's his job
    "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED? IS THIS NOT WHY YOU ARE HERE?"
  • tailwindhometailwindhome Posts: 13,551
    Seems to be a significant level of regret on the Labour benches that they didn't vote for the deal.
    "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED? IS THIS NOT WHY YOU ARE HERE?"
  • cyclecliniccycleclinic Posts: 6,861
    supporters of the LD do have some "extremist" views but the LD MP's have been more moderate. the Ms Swinson came out with stop brexit at all costs which is the same as brexit do or die come what may but in reverse.

    There is no one to vote for. Its quite sad. I cant even support staying in the EU any more than leaving as it means taking a side and i disagree with too much on either side now. It not even a case of holds one nose now. Come the next GE I really dont know who to vote for. The LD's have really got to start thinking beyond brexit, labour to start thinking and the tories well who know what they need to do... greens are no better, SNP what to breakup my home monster raving looney party sounds just about right although a vote for them is a bit wasted as protest votes dont really work well.

    I once predicted it going to get worse before it gets better and we have not seen the depthd of indescion and paralysis yet. I am more convinced of that than ever.

    One good freind on facebook seems to have lost the plot with his remain posts. Several a day doing what the brexit camp do pick the "facts" that support his arguement.

    When we no longer agree on what democracy is and what the rule of law means what exactly is joining us together as england and england with the other three nations of the U.K apart from the queen. What common values do we have in common any more. that is a serious question your thoughts please.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • rick_chaseyrick_chasey Posts: 43,841 Lives Here
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    we're screwed. Although how much harm could corbyn do in 6 weeks that has not been done already, I dont see it happening though.

    The language people are using "collabroators", "Maraxist" and all the terms to demonise makes me think democracy has failed and no longer works. I am begining to wonder is it worth voting anymore.

    Even Jo Swinson the leader of the party I am a member of is starting to sound extreme. I cant vote for extremists or people that demonise others which is how I am define extreme.
    If you read back over many of the posts made on this thread by people who identify with the Liberal party, you will see that the Liberals have been extremist for some time by your definition.

    This post would be much more fun had you actually quoted some of the posts referred to.
  • cyclecliniccycleclinic Posts: 6,861
    I was not quoting posts. I was listening to newsnight and the languague every politicans was using was devisive. I dont think there can be any solution while everyone is digging trenches.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • john80john80 Posts: 635
    EB9fM8UWsAEowwJ?format=jpg&name=large





    Corbyn being Corbyn has left some Independents out

    I wonder if Corbyn has considered that a single EU state may not want to grant an extension. I guess he is hoping Germany can strong arm them as the EU nations must surely be considering that the UK remaining might not be in the best long term interests of the bloc.
  • Rolf FRolf F Posts: 16,126
    orraloon wrote:
    Latest f-wittery received this evening from the Con Jobs. This [email protected] issued in the name of the prime minister of dUK. FFS.
    Dear redacted

    Jeremy Corbyn and his followers want to ignore the result of the referendum.

    While others are losing their heads, we’re keeping ours.

    We’ll deliver Brexit by the 31st of October – no ifs, no buts.

    Because by delivering Brexit, we can finally get on with making it work.

    Investing in our hospitals, schools and police. All while growing our economy to pay for our public services.

    Deal or no deal, we’ll leave the EU by the 31st of October. So why not show your support by chipping in?

    Not only will we deliver Brexit. We’ll also defeat the gloomsters in Labour.

    Because you and I know that our country can meet any challenge.

    We invented the steam train, split the atom, codified football.

    And we created the world’s first chocolate bar. A patriotic fact I indulge in on a daily basis.


    So with your help, we’ll see off Corbyn – and send him back to his allotment to tend his marrows.

    No more self-doubt. No more delays. If you want to get Brexit done by the 31st of October, then chip in and show your support.
    I’ll donate!
    Yours sincerely,
    Boris Johnson
    Boris Johnson
    Prime Minister

    Sorry, no way that that isn't fake news. Even BojoBojoPM wouldn't come out with tripe that moronic. That's an 8 year old with poor grammar skills for their age writing in the style of Boris Trump.

    "Not only will we deliver Brexit." Well what? What will we deliver as well as Brexit? FFS tell me!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • TheBlueBeanTheBlueBean Posts: 8,264
    Seems to be a significant level of regret on the Labour benches that they didn't vote for the deal.

    If they had voted for a motion that supported the WA with a timel limit/ break clause / whatever it would have been fairly compelling. I suspect there may even have been some movement from the EU.
  • rick_chaseyrick_chasey Posts: 43,841 Lives Here
    I was not quoting posts. I was listening to newsnight and the languague every politicans was using was devisive. I dont think there can be any solution while everyone is digging trenches.

    Meant more the quotes in this thread Stevo is referring to...
  • rjsterryrjsterry Posts: 15,286
    I was not quoting posts. I was listening to newsnight and the languague every politicans was using was devisive. I dont think there can be any solution while everyone is digging trenches.
    He meant Stevo. I do think you might be being a bit over-sensitive with your definition of extremism.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    1980s BSA 10sp

    Liberal metropolitan, remoaner, traitor, "sympathiser", etc.
  • rjsterryrjsterry Posts: 15,286
    Rolf F wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Latest f-wittery received this evening from the Con Jobs. This [email protected] issued in the name of the prime minister of dUK. FFS.
    Dear redacted

    Jeremy Corbyn and his followers want to ignore the result of the referendum.

    While others are losing their heads, we’re keeping ours.

    We’ll deliver Brexit by the 31st of October – no ifs, no buts.

    Because by delivering Brexit, we can finally get on with making it work.

    Investing in our hospitals, schools and police. All while growing our economy to pay for our public services.

    Deal or no deal, we’ll leave the EU by the 31st of October. So why not show your support by chipping in?

    Not only will we deliver Brexit. We’ll also defeat the gloomsters in Labour.

    Because you and I know that our country can meet any challenge.

    We invented the steam train, split the atom, codified football.

    And we created the world’s first chocolate bar. A patriotic fact I indulge in on a daily basis.


    So with your help, we’ll see off Corbyn – and send him back to his allotment to tend his marrows.

    No more self-doubt. No more delays. If you want to get Brexit done by the 31st of October, then chip in and show your support.
    I’ll donate!
    Yours sincerely,
    Boris Johnson
    Boris Johnson
    Prime Minister

    Sorry, no way that that isn't fake news. Even BojoBojoPM wouldn't come out with tripe that moronic. That's an 8 year old with poor grammar skills for their age writing in the style of Boris Trump.

    "Not only will we deliver Brexit." Well what? What will we deliver as well as Brexit? FFS tell me!

    Err, they will "defeat the gloomsters in Labour".
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    1980s BSA 10sp

    Liberal metropolitan, remoaner, traitor, "sympathiser", etc.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 36,382
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    we're screwed. Although how much harm could corbyn do in 6 weeks that has not been done already, I dont see it happening though.

    The language people are using "collabroators", "Maraxist" and all the terms to demonise makes me think democracy has failed and no longer works. I am begining to wonder is it worth voting anymore.

    Even Jo Swinson the leader of the party I am a member of is starting to sound extreme. I cant vote for extremists or people that demonise others which is how I am define extreme.
    If you read back over many of the posts made on this thread by people who identify with the Liberal party, you will see that the Liberals have been extremist for some time by your definition.

    This post would be much more fun had you actually quoted some of the posts referred to.
    I'm being a Rick style lazy poster :) I'm also a busy man - tax doesn't just mitigate itself.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 5,302
    Rolf F wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Latest f-wittery received this evening from the Con Jobs. This [email protected] issued in the name of the prime minister of dUK. FFS.
    Dear redacted

    Jeremy Corbyn and his followers want to ignore the result of the referendum.

    While others are losing their heads, we’re keeping ours.

    We’ll deliver Brexit by the 31st of October – no ifs, no buts.

    Because by delivering Brexit, we can finally get on with making it work.

    Investing in our hospitals, schools and police. All while growing our economy to pay for our public services.

    Deal or no deal, we’ll leave the EU by the 31st of October. So why not show your support by chipping in?

    Not only will we deliver Brexit. We’ll also defeat the gloomsters in Labour.

    Because you and I know that our country can meet any challenge.

    We invented the steam train, split the atom, codified football.

    And we created the world’s first chocolate bar. A patriotic fact I indulge in on a daily basis.


    So with your help, we’ll see off Corbyn – and send him back to his allotment to tend his marrows.

    No more self-doubt. No more delays. If you want to get Brexit done by the 31st of October, then chip in and show your support.
    I’ll donate!
    Yours sincerely,
    Boris Johnson
    Boris Johnson
    Prime Minister

    Sorry, no way that that isn't fake news. Even BojoBojoPM wouldn't come out with tripe that moronic. That's an 8 year old with poor grammar skills for their age writing in the style of Boris Trump.

    "Not only will we deliver Brexit." Well what? What will we deliver as well as Brexit? FFS tell me!
    Sorry, no way that did not come via the official Con member comms email mechanism. So unless an 8yo has hacked their systems...
    Bring on the steam engines and the chocolate bars.
  • rick_chaseyrick_chasey Posts: 43,841 Lives Here
    Always good to know the population understands the actual political system.

    EB2R0OsXoAETu2H?format=png&name=large
  • rjsterryrjsterry Posts: 15,286
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    we're screwed. Although how much harm could corbyn do in 6 weeks that has not been done already, I dont see it happening though.

    The language people are using "collabroators", "Maraxist" and all the terms to demonise makes me think democracy has failed and no longer works. I am begining to wonder is it worth voting anymore.

    Even Jo Swinson the leader of the party I am a member of is starting to sound extreme. I cant vote for extremists or people that demonise others which is how I am define extreme.
    If you read back over many of the posts made on this thread by people who identify with the Liberal party, you will see that the Liberals have been extremist for some time by your definition.

    This post would be much more fun had you actually quoted some of the posts referred to.
    I'm being a Rick style lazy poster :) I'm also a busy man - tax doesn't just mitigate itself.

    Disappointed that you've been sucked into this 'identity' nonsense.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    1980s BSA 10sp

    Liberal metropolitan, remoaner, traitor, "sympathiser", etc.
  • rjsterryrjsterry Posts: 15,286
    Always good to know the population understands the actual political system.

    EB2R0OsXoAETu2H?format=png&name=large

    I suppose that that is in some way reassuring: at least the people exercising the power have it the right way round.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    1980s BSA 10sp

    Liberal metropolitan, remoaner, traitor, "sympathiser", etc.
  • pblakeneypblakeney Posts: 9,837
    I’m not saying there wasn’t a democratic mandate for Brexit at the time. I’m just saying if I narrowly decided to order fish at a restaurant that was known for chicken, but said it was happy to offer fish, and so far I’ve been waiting three hours, and two chefs who promised to cook the fish had quit, and the third one is promising to deliver the fish in the next five minutes whether it’s cooked or not, or indeed still alive, and all the waiting staff have spent the last few hours arguing amongst themselves about whether I wanted battered cod, grilled salmon, jellied eels or dolphin kebabs, and if large parts of the restaurant appeared to be on fire but no-one was paying attention to it because they were all arguing about fish, I would quite like, just once, to be asked if I definitely still wanted the fish.

    Not mine, not taking the credit.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • fenixfenix Posts: 4,739
    When we no longer agree on what democracy is and what the rule of law means what exactly is joining us together as england and england with the other three nations of the U.K apart from the queen. What common values do we have in common any more. that is a serious question your thoughts please.

    I'm pretty certain Leaving will split up the UK. Scotland and Northern Ireland didn't vote to leave.

    I've no idea how we can put a border in Ireland without it causing huge upheaval and bloodshed.

    What could be more democratic than another ballot - now we know more information ?


    Remember the days of 'the easiest deals in history' and 'the sunny uplands' ?

    Turns out that was all just lies. Who knew ?
  • Rolf FRolf F Posts: 16,126
    rjsterry wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Latest f-wittery received this evening from the Con Jobs. This [email protected] issued in the name of the prime minister of dUK. FFS.
    Dear redacted

    Jeremy Corbyn and his followers want to ignore the result of the referendum.

    While others are losing their heads, we’re keeping ours.

    We’ll deliver Brexit by the 31st of October – no ifs, no buts.

    Because by delivering Brexit, we can finally get on with making it work.

    Investing in our hospitals, schools and police. All while growing our economy to pay for our public services.

    Deal or no deal, we’ll leave the EU by the 31st of October. So why not show your support by chipping in?

    Not only will we deliver Brexit. We’ll also defeat the gloomsters in Labour.

    Because you and I know that our country can meet any challenge.

    We invented the steam train, split the atom, codified football.

    And we created the world’s first chocolate bar. A patriotic fact I indulge in on a daily basis.


    So with your help, we’ll see off Corbyn – and send him back to his allotment to tend his marrows.

    No more self-doubt. No more delays. If you want to get Brexit done by the 31st of October, then chip in and show your support.
    I’ll donate!
    Yours sincerely,
    Boris Johnson
    Boris Johnson
    Prime Minister

    Sorry, no way that that isn't fake news. Even BojoBojoPM wouldn't come out with tripe that moronic. That's an 8 year old with poor grammar skills for their age writing in the style of Boris Trump.

    "Not only will we deliver Brexit." Well what? What will we deliver as well as Brexit? FFS tell me!

    Err, they will "defeat the gloomsters in Labour".

    Different sentence. There's a full stop after Brexit. The sentence just reads "Not only will we deliver Brexit". Nothing else.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • rjsterryrjsterry Posts: 15,286
    Yes, it's badly written, but the intention is clear. Use of the word 'gloomster' should be grounds for summary imprisonment, though.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    1980s BSA 10sp

    Liberal metropolitan, remoaner, traitor, "sympathiser", etc.
  • darkhairedlorddarkhairedlord Posts: 4,561
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    we're screwed. Although how much harm could corbyn do in 6 weeks that has not been done already, I dont see it happening though.

    The language people are using "collabroators", "Maraxist" and all the terms to demonise makes me think democracy has failed and no longer works. I am begining to wonder is it worth voting anymore.

    Even Jo Swinson the leader of the party I am a member of is starting to sound extreme. I cant vote for extremists or people that demonise others which is how I am define extreme.
    If you read back over many of the posts made on this thread by people who identify with the Liberal party, you will see that the Liberals have been extremist for some time by your definition.

    This post would be much more fun had you actually quoted some of the posts referred to.
    I'm being a Rick style lazy poster :) I'm also a busy man - tax doesn't just mitigate itself.
    Do the decent thing and accidently get your clients to pay some....
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 36,382
    EB9fM8UWsAEowwJ?format=jpg&name=large





    Corbyn being Corbyn has left some Independents out
    The phrase that springs to mind with Corbyn being appointed caretaker PM to stop a no deal Brexit is 'out of the frying pan and into the fire'.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
Sign In or Register to comment.