Froome the hypocrite

1235»

Comments

• ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,234
    What's more curious is the sudden overnight de-banning of WCF.

That would be "unbanning" rather than de-banning, which makes no sense unless you're Spanish :lol:

How's your Dutch WCF?

Reasonable, I did live in Zwolle for a year.
    Ah... hence the Zwollen ego?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,740
    OCDuPalais wrote:

Reasonable, I did live in Zwolle for a year.
    Ah... hence the Zwollen ego?

giphy-downsized-large.gif
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    He'z wolle something for sure
  • bompington wrote:

You do realize that makes absolutely no sense? Its doesn't even have an once of humor or irony.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,740
    bompington wrote:

You do realize that makes absolutely no sense? Its doesn't even have an once of humor or irony.

Humour or humor?

tumblr-gifs-gif.gif
  • bompington wrote:

Humour or humor?

Humor is completely acceptable form of American English.

Are you going to post video of Ricco again and state how he ruined cycling whilst forgetting Froome going nut-so-banana-shake on Ventoux? :shock:

Now that was "humour"!
  • ocdupalais
    an once of humor
    In a similar vein as "one sandwich short of a picnic" and "one brick short of a load"... you're two "u"s short of a sentence that makes sense.
  • ocdupalais
    One thing that's ironic is that weekendcyclingfan doesn't seem to be a fan of cycling at any point in the week.
    Maybe weekendgrammarandspellingfan will turn up on a forum about professional linguistics somewhere (with a garbled sense of logic infused with vitriol, obvs) ... and slag off the OED for setting out some guidelines in the use of English, or something?
    That would be "irony" - and oh how we'd lagh.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Weekendcyclingfan is box office though. :lol:

If he hadn't been here recently I am not sure what everyone else would have been doing.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    smithy21 wrote:
    Weekendcyclingfan is box office though. :lol:

If he hadn't been here recently I am not sure what everyone else would have been doing.

Hate to say this... But bring back FF...
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,392
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    One thing that's ironic is that weekendcyclingfan doesn't seem to be a fan of cycling at any point in the week.
    Maybe weekendgrammarandspellingfan will turn up on a forum about professional linguistics somewhere (with a garbled sense of logic infused with vitriol, obvs) ... and slag off the OED for setting out some guidelines in the use of English, or something?
    That would be "irony" - and oh how we'd lagh.

Further irony would be that he posts incredibly lucid and balanced posts about cycling....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Frenchie was always good value. He knew what he liked and he passionately defended those things. And that's the key - he liked things - and that balanced the things he disliked. Some seem to just dislike everything. It's odd.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • I reckon he took horse tranqs.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,602
    RichN95 wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Frenchie was always good value. He knew what he liked and he passionately defended those things. And that's the key - he liked things - and that balanced the things he disliked. Some seem to just dislike everything. It's odd.

Yeah, that's fair comment. He'd also post a lot of racing stuff, it was just once people got wound up by something he said and bit that he would keep at it. That said his hovering around the board not commenting but then sending PMs to people who say things he doesn't like is a bit weird.
  • Pross wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:

Yeah, that's fair comment. He'd also post a lot of racing stuff, it was just once people got wound up by something he said and bit that he would keep at it. That said his hovering around the board not commenting but then sending PMs to people who say things he doesn't like is a bit weird.

Must be very frustrating: at times, desperate to post, yet tied to a numerical, self imposed ban.
    My PM went straight in the bin.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    :shock: is this really happening? The PM thing?

Just come back ffs.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,602
    Yep, I just chucked him on block after I got one. He made such a big deal about flouncing off, even creating a thread about it, but still wants to be able to comment if he doesn't like something he's read.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,343
    He should come back. Cycling is an inclusive sport and an inclusive world view.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • smithy21 wrote:
    :shock: is this really happening? The PM thing?

Just come back ffs.

I got a couple of PMs. I ignored them as well.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,566
    Pross wrote:
    Yep, I just chucked him on block after I got one. He made such a big deal about flouncing off, even creating a thread about it, but still wants to be able to comment if he doesn't like something he's read.

That's just bizarre behaviour.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.